Sign in to follow this  
markdevox

Private level to public IN LEVEL

Would it be possible for a player to create a level and keep it locked as private and choose to switch it to public (for example after they'd built towers) to allow others to join?

I actually want this to be a thing, have for some time now. I can't actually remember if we ever could in DD1 but either way, I am all for it. Sometimes you get trolls and just slow people in general that don't drop mana, even though they joined your game. Not often but still, it'd be nice to have a build going first some days.

BUMP

@markdevox quote:

Would it be possible for a player to create a level and keep it locked as private and choose to switch it to public (for example after they'd built towers) to allow others to join?

Just make it public and press G to end warmup really quickly

Thay way only you get mana (unless someone somehow got in during the 2 second warmup)

@Paerl quote:

@markdevox quote:

Thay way only you get mana (unless someone somehow got in during the 2 second warmup)

That's nice in theory and anyone with half a brain obviously does that, but some maps have annoying and unskippable cutscenes (like bling king) and people join within that small timeframe. Also I have had people join before I load into my own games, more since the later hotfixes. Overall not a big issue with the game, just saying that Mark's idea is a valid one :)

@Paerl quote:

@markdevox quote:

It's nice to do that.. but that is just avoiding the problem, there are times where I may just like to play around with a strat, take my sweet time building, instead of having people jump in and press G while I'm building giving me the count down to rush building. Also on that note, I don't want to waste those peoples' time with how long I can set up towers for new strats. 

Plus with the current build, if siege rollers are unchanged, you may want to open games up to public if 3 sieges appear and you are soloing/duoing.

Like said above you could just press G really fast, ending the warmup so when players join on build phase they don't get the mana from the chests. But something like this feature being put into the game would be cool and it'll help somewhat in my opinion, it's not nessasary but it'll do some good