As a new player Siege roller is cancer and I don't want to play.

This thing is ridiculous. Why is it able to spawn anywhere on every map? I play solo as it is, now that's impossible for me to do. I was really enjoying this game up until I beat the campaign and started doing defense where I first ran into this thing. Honestly ruined the game for me. That and the myriad of bugs this game has.

Edit: I don't want to play with other people. But I've found ways to deal with the Siege Roller. "Git gud" was solid advice. Rereading this post, sounds real salty in hindsight.

Hakuna your tatas, buddy.

Find a few friends, use frostbite towers, place double blockades... There are quite a few ways to slow him down/buy some time. If your game is ruined so easily, you might consider playing other games, or sticking to lower difficulties to get better gear (sometimes, you don't always exit campaign perfectly geared to jump into nightmare, you might consider replaying other maps to get some better stuff!).

Shouln't say "find friends" that same as telling a person who only plays group to play solo. This game is made for both solo and group play. Real advice is re-do some campaing maps to build a dps char such as monk, get a pet with earth dmg roll and poison tips/sandstorm ability and you will get the tanks down in no time.

@Nefhith quote:

Hakuna your tatas, buddy.

Find a few friends, use frostbite towers, place double blockades... There are quite a few ways to slow him down/buy some time. If your game is ruined so easily, you might consider playing other games, or sticking to lower difficulties to get better gear (sometimes, you don't always exit campaign perfectly geared to jump into nightmare, you might consider replaying other maps to get some better stuff!).

Yeah this was more of a frustration post, after an hour of "I must be missing something" I found just placing and repairing a wall infront of him was a good way to stall him. It also made me realize i needed to upgrade my gear to actually do damage while he was being stalled. That thing was ruined about 2 hours of play, but I've figured it out.

@Slagk quote:

Shouln't say "find friends" that same as telling a person who only plays group to play solo. This game is made for both solo and group play. Real advice is re-do some campaing maps to build a dps char such as monk, get a pet with earth dmg roll and poison tips/sandstorm ability and you will get the tanks down in no time.

I didn't know pets rolled with an element or abilities... How do I check/upgrade them?

Just hover over the pet and you see its stats.. under "pet stats" option you see his damage and attack rate, you want to get earth damage type (this cannot be rerolled so you will need to hatch enough pets to get one with it). Then there's is the lightning icon which you increase by feeding the pet via the same npc that hatches eggs. Finally the heart icon, it increases as you use the pet at steady rate, after its 10/10 you go to pet npc and you can evolve your pet and it gets random ability which can be rerolled.

288440bbe9.jpg

Petranarian is your friend for pets, just hatch all your eggs look for an earth one level it and evolve it.

You should have an elder pet on all heroes to expect to do the harder content.

Why do you want an earth damage pet? I'm new, sorry. Just hit 50 two days ago and the siege tanks on NM1 are no problem for me solo. I had two spawn at once in the same lane and they barely scratched my walls. I'm sure it gets harder on NM4 but as a "new" player siege tanks don't bother me at all. So far pretty easy.

Earth damage pets can roll Sandstorm and Poison Tips as abilities.

Both of these abilities are pretty strong and can be used to help with hero DPS

@linkinitup quote:

Why do you want an earth damage pet? I'm new, sorry. Just hit 50 two days ago and the siege tanks on NM1 are no problem for me solo. I had two spawn at once in the same lane and they barely scratched my walls. I'm sure it gets harder on NM4 but as a "new" player siege tanks don't bother me at all. So far pretty easy.

He said with 567 post? Not sure how many "New" players frequent the forums to that extent...

@Low Well quote:

@linkinitup quote:

He said with 567 post? Not sure how many "New" players frequent the forums to that extent...

There has been 2 games before DD2!

@Nefhith quote:

@Low Well quote:

@linkinitup quote:

There has been 2 games before DD2!

I hope you are not counting DD Eternity as a game, I mean it was just a way to funds DD2 by adding a tiny bit of content and a very abnoxious online-forced system to an already existing game.

@Low Well quote:

@linkinitup quote:

550+ of those posts are from DD1/DDE......I started playing DD2 three days ago....

I'm having a grand old time telling people why they shouldn't place their Proton Beams nodes directly in the middle of the lain. Of course, why would they listen?

This same old song and dance happens all the time. New features are added to a game that forces people to look up from whatever book they're reading and actually pay attention, and everyone who doesn't like it bands together to complain about how it's the most unintuitive, least user-friendly thing they ever could have added.

Until a few months later when they add the next game changing feature. Then that one is the worst thing to ever happen to the game!

@Hodor quote:

As someone living with cancer I find the title of this thread hilarious... 

This thread has been elevated to best thread.

@Hodor quote:

Holy bananas...

...did you try dps-ing the Roller?

@Javahawk quote:

@Hodor quote:

This thread has been elevated to best thread.

On a serious note, you might want to address the siege engine spawning on Power Surge, and the possibility of 3 siege engines spawning at once in solo play.  Also can the siege engine spawn on super short lanes like center lane near the middle of the map on Bastille (Defense), this could be a huge problem and prevent some defense options from being used.
I am just a tad worried people who are unfamiliar with which heroes do the most damage might struggle or fail completely.

An example, I just did Bastille Defense and on wave 7 I had 3 siege engines at opposite ends on the map, I managed to kill 2 without losing my Lightning Auras (thankfully due to positioning). The Siege Engine got all the way to my wall destroying both Lightning auras and nearly destroying my wall and core. 

I am playing with a 765 ipwr monk with an insanely good weapon, and using the Storm Gloves Crane stance combo with my Poison Tips Pet. I also have a Dragolitch pet on my Drench Monk which is also insanely fast so I could get to each Siege Engine about as fast as is possible. 
If it was not for my overpowered Monk DPS I would have failed. This is going to promote having 3 DPS heroes each with a pet, so as to chain pet abilities on each enemy, as their DPS requirements are just to high considering they take no damage from defenses.

Losing a map on wave 7 because you simply cannot deal with that combo is not fun, when you might be able to semi afk the that level of content and breeze down 1 siege engine, but 3 could be just to much. In my opinion thats an RNG issue rather then a gear/experience issue.

I am lucky I wont lose, but if you chose to fix/nerf monks, and other overpowered dps options ev2 bombs, gunwitch snipe sphere/storm gloves and the many other semi bugged combos we are all going to be in trouble.
I feel this is well thought out feedback, and I have been holding back because my opinion has been all over the place on this one. I will try and get video evidence in the future.. I should have done it for this, but I forgot.