Sign in to follow this  
Black Mamba

[Discussion] Balancing Wheel O' Fortuna, slightly. [Updated some stuff]

I still stand by calling it a nerf since we would be adding stronger negative effects to the ability. We are not reducing the damage or usability, but we are adding in concequences. In my mind that is a nerf so I will call it that. Also there is nothing wrong with calling it a nerf. It does need one in my opinion.

--------Anyway--------

1. I brought up the topic of random rolls because it was brought up previously by poet.

2. Yes the mis-rolled heals/damage alls would need to be hard-coded but I don't see a problem with that. (although I am not on CDT i couldbe wrong)

3. My opinion changed on the idea of tower damage because the subject of potential griefing was brought up. I don't think people should be given the tools to damage towers, no matter how rare griefers actually are. 

4. I forgot tower degrade was already a roll. 

1. Ok, but I've realized that random rolls(the ones previously suggested) doesn't make much sense and are in-fact more detrimental compared to conventional negative/positive rolls. For more, read Inferno's post above specifically the last point.

2. Precisely, hence the discussion on what combinations represent (most appropriately/accurately) the opposite of certain positive rolls.

3. Sorry, but I still don't buy the "griefers will grief" and "hackers will hack" argument. Terrorists bomb public places, that doesn't mean we should stop going outside our homes or continuing on with our lives. Just using an extreme
analogy to make a point. You guys are giving undue importance to griefers. Besides, as I've mentioned literally twenty times -- the damage numbers from any negative rolls(players or towers) will have to be low so that griefers(i.e. people constantly rolling that) can be quickly found out and booted. You are also forgetting that with the upcoming update, a lot of top-end gear(at least stat-wise) is being added to the game, which the hackers will try and hack. Shouldn't then, going by your logic, CDT should simply stop adding good content(read: items) to the game, becasue the darn hackers will still hack anyways. Therefore this argument about griefers(without backing it up with substantial claims) is kinda... old and bad to bring again and again. At the end of the day, no matter what you do, there will be griefers/hackers, that does't mean changes shouldn't be brought in.

4. No problem.

I just personally don't believe damaging towers is being vital to a jester wheel nerf. There are plenty of other ways to add negative effects to the wheel that do not have such dire consequences. I am all for adding some negative consequences to the wheel I just don't think that damaging towers should be one of them. If you don't agree then that is fine we can have different opinions.

An I'm okay with that, just the thing I'm opposed to is the "griefers grief / hackers hack" argument.
What other negative rolls you had in mind? Middo made a fine suggestion, and that's the only one contribution we have here.

I think it would be good to have the negative effect of the roll intended if you miss.

- Debuff Enemies = 1xCrystal + 1xGoblin + miss = Buff enemies damage 

- Buff allies miss = 2xCrystal + miss = your damage gets reduced

- Damage all enemies = 2xSword + miss = heal enemies (same percentage that would be damaged)

- Kill Portion of Enemies = 1Sword + 1Crystal + miss = revive same amount of enemies as would have died (would need to make sure they do not drop items or something to prevent people from using this to farm survivals or something)

-Stun Enemies = 1Goblin + 1Health + miss = Stun players for, shall say, 5 seconds

-Upgrade Nearest Tower = 2xMana Token + miss = Downgrade a tower

-Heal All Allies = 2xPotion + miss = Damage all Enemies (same percentage as would have healed)

I understand that the Buff Enemies and Downgrade nearby tower are already negative rolls, but their "miss" roll should be expanded. I don't think a miss should just be one above or below the roll, I think it should be anything that isn't the right sequence.

I think the ability for the debuffs to scale with wheel bonus will make it so that newer players won't be as harshly affected and still provides some much needed balancing to the ability. I also think that opposite effects of the abilities are a good way to keep true to the abilities nature of high risk high reward. If you really needed a heal and you mess up then maybe someone dies.