Pegazul

New Meta xD

Jester_Forum_icon2.png

1 PDT per lane to kill everything that isn't a siege tank

Rest of the map full of walls to slow down siege tanks

You heard it here first !

Jester_Forum_icon2.png

Proof:

Pfft. New Meta is Dryad's Moss Hornet. Spam Moss Hornets since it got an indirect buff on this patch. I've heard that placing a Moss Hornet Nest in a lane can stop a Siege Roller in its tracks...maybe combine with PDT since hornets can melt a boss decently while PDT clears trash mobs.

@Zimmermann quote:

New meta

Old meta + not dogpoop dps.

So sad but so true.

This mob made the game worse, the rewards are still as crap but the game got a lot more tedious to play and you are forced to have a good dps. And sadly I spent all my 80 soul on a crap weapon because yay some are useless :D

Oh well I guess I'll just wait the next update to play seriously again.

I don't have the update yet but it sounds like they may have overtuned its spawn frequency so people can experience it.

I'm hoping it eventually slides down in a new category of infrequent spawns that are a headache whenever they DO appear once more have been added. 

If it spawns a lot, then it directly impacts how you build no questions asked. If it MAY spawn every now and then from a pool of many potential candidates and you just have to react to it when it's coming, it would be more exciting.

In my opinion the boss is cool, however I do think his HP should be reduced. I can DPS him down no problem, but I am well geared and have a semi bugged monk that can do in the region of 8.5 million damage in 10 seconds without any external buffs.

I think if they want him to be active on all maps that spawn ogres they need to consider choke points on a map to map bases, as some choke points are extremely close to spawn points. This would mean builds that are ground based would fail, much like most builds would fail on Bastille due to spawn killing being encouraged.

I think they might need to reconsider him spawning at all on Power Surge, not due to him eating ground defenses (impossible basically on that map) but due to his ranged attack one shotting Towers. The map is completely doable, but it might be RNG based for less geared players. This might need a few weeks to know for sure however.

Other then that, nice enemy, I just fear for my spawn choke point ground defense builds.

This boss has made the game more challenging for me and my Lightning aura/Frostbite build. I am now only able to complete maps with this enemy in them by having very high Hero DPS.

I'm just annoyed they made EV's charge beam do like 95% reduced damage on him. I built my EV to be a boss burner and they finally bring out a boss type enemy who needs to be burned down and they made it resistant to my laser :( Trendy pls.

Ignoring bugs, the Siege Roller does it's job... it forces active play. I think that tower should do *slightly* more damage to it, but I think that it being an anti-tower mob is a great idea.

you should shoot him in the butt..... he is vulnerable there kobold.png

@Socknboppers quote:

I'm just annoyed they made EV's charge beam do like 95% reduced damage on him. I built my EV to be a boss burner and they finally bring out a boss type enemy who needs to be burned down and they made it resistant to my laser :( Trendy pls.

@MamaTata quote:

I am aware, but i don't believe the Charge beam is affected by the weakpoint, only basic and secondary fire. I'm just saying I've invested all of my gear into Hero Damage and Ability Power to get the maximum hero dps into my Charge beam but now that we've got an enemy that requires hero dps I need to switch everything to Hero Damage/ Hero crit just to be relevant.

I agree with Vagnar, I am assuming when the siege 'hype' runs out and he isn't the hot new thing anymore, he will be integrated into the game more smoothly and only show up sometimes or at least just once or twice a map (especially when the other new enemies start coming into the game).

Time will tell, too early to be too negative on ol siegey, give it a week or two and see how the feedback is going ;D

@Sombrero quote:
@Zimmermann quote:

New meta

So sad but so true.

This mob made the game worse, the rewards are still as crap but the game got a lot more tedious to play and you are forced to have a good dps. And sadly I spent all my 80 soul on a crap weapon because yay some are useless :D

Oh no!  You have to actually play the game!  The horror!

@Draco18s quote:
@Sombrero quote:
@Zimmermann quote:

New meta

So sad but so true.

Oh no!  You have to actually play the game!  The horror!

I have no problem with playing the game.. but this thing is full of bugs...

ive finally killed 1 (2 actually).. was a group of 4 of us.. and it was Way too hard... 7 million health on Chrome Enemies.. which wouldnt be too bad.. if we actually did full damage.. even hitting the weak spot you do much much less damage then normal...

* The Targeting circles most of the time didnt appear so you'd die instantly for no reason.

* Ability Power DPS heroes do near to no damage at all on this thing.. meaning only my weaker Hero Damage/Crit heroes are doing anything the strongest being my Gunwitch around 200k DPS would still not be able to solo this thing. My Dryad HD/AP does 1 Million dps couldnt touch it ..

* Target circles (when they do appear) do not give you enough time to move out of the way the timer needs to be upped slightly.. As a gun witch if you pull out the Rambo move you move hella slow your as good as dead 100% of the time. not sure about other heroes so far...

* I havent seen it myself but ive heard it can spawn multiple times at once.. a group of 4 of us Struggled to kill just 1 of them.. 2 and it would have been game over.

* while respawning next to a Crystal i have been killed and Crystal damaged from half way across the map. how is this fair ??

Have you guys tried Dpsing his back? I killed over 10 with my poorly geared monk with no problem, sometimes when two appears in different lanes one of they reached my walls, but all it needed was placing the wall far away so his missile doesn't reach the defenses (like we used to do with ogres jumps when the game was hard) and me dpsing his back while fixing the wall.

The only thing I agree is the fact that his destroy traps, been invulnerable I would understand but destroying it makes no sense.

@Davidmochi quote:

Have you guys tried Dpsing his back? I killed over 10 with my poorly geared monk with no problem, sometimes when two appears in different lanes one of they reached my walls, but all it needed was placing the wall far away so his missile doesn't reach the defenses (like we used to do with ogres jumps when the game was hard) and me dpsing his back while fixing the wall.

The only thing I agree is the fact that his destroy traps, been invulnerable I would understand but destroying it makes no sense.

Yep... From the front you do 50-100 dps (not 50,000 - 100,000.. just 50-100).. from the back i appear to be around around 15k (15,000).. these are from Heroes that do up to 1 Million Dps on the dummies..

Im been targeting the big arse RED Y looking thing on the back ... nowhere else appears to do damage.

@LJMjollnir quote:

Yep... From the front you do 50-100 dps (not 50,000 - 100,000.. just 50-100).. from the back i appear to be around around 15k (15,000).. these are from Heroes that do up to 1 Million Dps on the dummies..

Im been targeting the big arse RED Y looking thing on the back ... nowhere else appears to do damage.

Weird, maybe monk is his counter? or base attacks? or he is just glitched? We could use a Dev answer around here. :/

Pegazul  It seem that this goblin is a threat. I can't wait to defeat him and then close the DD2 app and play something else haha. Anyway good advice It kinda of remind me when resistance lanes was here. When you actually needed a DPS hero for the ogre. So, I guess nothing new in this patch.

A goblin that stronger than a ogre  someone call Dreamanime.

@LJMjollnir quote:* The Targeting circles most of the time didnt appear so you'd die instantly for no reason.

I bug reported it already.  Make a big deal out of it, bug report it again. https://bugs.dungeondefenders2.com/

* Ability Power DPS heroes do near to no damage at all on this thing.. meaning only my weaker Hero Damage/Crit heroes are doing anything the strongest being my Gunwitch around 200k DPS would still not be able to solo this thing. My Dryad HD/AP does 1 Million dps couldnt touch it ..

The problem is that most abilities are not point-based attacks, so they are subject to the tank's damage reduction.  AOE abilities won't trigger the weak spot.  I was testing the Starfall ability earlier and did find that I couldn't deal non-reduced damage (anyone who has, send me a screenshot of where you target the ability).

* Target circles (when they do appear) do not give you enough time to move out of the way the timer needs to be upped slightly.. As a gun witch if you pull out the Rambo move you move hella slow your as good as dead 100% of the time. not sure about other heroes so far...

I bug reported it.

* I havent seen it myself but ive heard it can spawn multiple times at once.. a group of 4 of us Struggled to kill just 1 of them.. 2 and it would have been game over.

They are a rare spawn (something like a 10 or 20 percent change when an ogre spawns, it is instead a tank) but there's nothing that says two can't spawn at once.

* while respawning next to a Crystal i have been killed and Crystal damaged from half way across the map. how is this fair ??

Bug report it.  Get Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) turn on the replay buffer (give it a 2 or 3 minute buffer window) and then when it happens, capture that reply, save it, send it in with the bug report.

@Socknboppers quote:

@MamaTata quote:

I am aware, but i don't believe the Charge beam is affected by the weakpoint, only basic and secondary fire. I'm just saying I've invested all of my gear into Hero Damage and Ability Power to get the maximum hero dps into my Charge beam but now that we've got an enemy that requires hero dps I need to switch everything to Hero Damage/ Hero crit just to be relevant.

@ʕ●ᴥ●ʔ quote:

i did try Proton Charge = Light from flashlight
So EV is totally useless for this boss
i didnt try Bomb

You DO know that EV2 has grav bots, too, right? Big boy bombs work very well... just sayin....

[[130078,users]], walls work. Or if you have multiple LM's and Mystics, then use fissures and heal sticks/knives (sorry can't recall the ability name) for free DU. Works the same as walls, albeit maybe they die sooner, but when you have your DU filled up, LM Fissures and Mystic healing sticks slow him down enough to quell it! :-)

Bonus content to make the new meta a bit easier.

SA's everywhere and at least 2 dragolich dps heros in hero deck.

Your welcome santa.png