Sign in to follow this  
TMTrainer

The Siege Roller REQUIRES DPS

Huh.

My 163k DPS PDTs can't kill the Siege Roller alone, they deal around 1k damage per tick on NM2 (I was trying to level) and they had 1.3m HP on NM2... because I didn't have a DPS slotted in my Hero deck, I could not kill the Siege Roller.

Not only that, their 'destruction' range is massive. My Serenity Auras was not even making contact with the Siege Roller's hitbox yet it was destroyed.

They also seem entirely immune to hard CC, taunts included.

I don't think maps are AFKable anymore, boys.

@TMTrainer quote:

Huh.

My 163k DPS PDTs can't kill the Siege Roller alone, they deal around 1k damage per tick on NM2 (I was trying to level) and they had 1.3m HP on NM2... because I didn't have a DPS slotted in my Hero deck, I could not kill the Siege Roller.

Not only that, their 'destruction' range is massive. My Serenity Auras was not even making contact with the Siege Roller's hitbox yet it was destroyed.

I don't think maps are AFKable anymore, boys.

Yea , i was in NM2 trying to gear a DPS apprentice , in Assault on Throne room,` Wave 3 , Siege roller destroys 1st side objective , Wave 5 Siege roller destroys 2nd side objective , No biggie , just reinforce the lane , Final Wave ( 7 )  , 3 siege rollers at the same time , Just *** me already.

And BTW my Mana bomb does 300K to most Bosses to this guy  i do 5K in the front and 50K in the Back.

The Mystic shines here, fully upgraded snake tower killed the rollers in around 5 seconds for me. Just need to redo most of my setups to have the proton beams slightly in the back so they dont get killed all the time.

I think the steam roller is massively bugged to be honest. I've tried more or less every single ranged tower I could and none manage to deal proper damage, they target like blind pancakes and deal 0 damage. The only solution is pure dps blind closed behind the thing ... It is the less fun experience I've ever had in Dungeon defenders since the first released of DD1 by far. I was already quite sad to see the two last incursions being some weird dps rush and now a very common special monster being even worse ...

If we had the choice I'd rather go back to the first Nightmare mode we had where it was almost impossible to play at all, at least it felt challenging. Here it feels just very poorly thought out.

And it is 5 millions time easier in a party of 4 which is just dumb I think too.

Oh by the way the bees are immune to the steam roller and make it completely useless, he basically get stuck in front of them and stop attacking at range too. Making the steam roller just a big piece of meat waiting for its death. Sweet bug that will very likely be cheesed like hell until it's fixed.

Yes I don't think it was tested with Dryad.

It gets stuck on powder toss too.

So drop powder toss, or Moss Hornets and GG.

The Moss hornets bug doesn't proc every single time though.

There is also definetly a huge problem with solo player health on the steam roller. It has 4M in solo for 5M in multiplayer on the terraria map. I mean wtf ? I can't handle 3 steam rollers at the same time in solo play ...

@PandynatorDD quote:

Squire with shield block can tank it...

8e0d336a1a60849227866151734255a8aa39813f

That's a fun fact.

Why every fact about this mob makes it cheesy, boring and straightforward as hell ? xD

Get these etheral ghosts from the incursion map or even the eyes from terraria incursion as regular enemies, not this weird pew pew in your back thing ...

He doesn't spawn on Bastille incursion which was a very intelligent decision by the devs considering its a map that promotes spawn killing which would hard counter all ground defenses!

one of the most boring and op enemies. i have done it in nm4 power surge (4 rollers total). when first one came out it destroyed sub core in second (with range attack "wtf"  !!to big range"he wasnt even halfway to core"!!) .So now you will see more and more sub cores destroyed. 

He is boring because he so slow and you have to wait until he come a little bit out of spawn so you can hit his back which is his weak spot + his range attack usually kills dps characters so hf dieing

but at least you wont see people afking (except on maps on which he dont spawn) 

@Zimmermann quote:

He doesn't spawn on Bastille incursion which was a very intelligent decision by the devs considering its a map that promotes spawn killing which would hard counter all ground defenses!

Great thinking Devs. This is great news and I'm glad they thought ahead for this.

So here is my experience.

NM4 defense map. 

Using a strong PDT build with mystic towers not really holding back much.

wave 1 doesn't make it out of spawn.

wave 2 siege tank ! Iupgrade PDT to max and viper tower high in the siege tank lane.

The wave starts. All the other lanes get killed in spawn again(total overkill). The siege tank spawns. I don't attack it(on my dps mystic) i wait and watch. PDT tower does nothing. Viper tower does nothing. An ogre spawned in that same spot and died 2 seconds after it left spawn for comparison.

The siege tank did not kill the SA until he rolled over it directly. So building stuff out of lane is safe.

He soloed my 450k T1 snake wall much faster than i thought, by the time i checked its HP it was so low i couldn't save it with upgrades. I ended up having to dps it down as it just waltzed through my stuff with 90% hp left.

I built a max upgraded PDT next to a spawn so it would shoot it in the back. Did not notice any amazing tower dmg.

So far it seems this guy is a full on nasty AFK check. 

I might try maws. If hes perma petrified he might eventually die to towers but honestly who wants to wait 5+ mins for that lol.

I'm glad i already have everything i want :) good luck to the rest of you ^_^

@Sombrero quote:

Oh by the way the bees are immune to the steam roller and make it completely useless, he basically get stuck in front of them and stop attacking at range too. Making the steam roller just a big piece of meat waiting for its death. Sweet bug that will very likely be cheesed like hell until it's fixed.

@Fozzie quote:

Yes I don't think it was tested with Dryad.

It gets stuck on powder toss too.

So drop powder toss, or Moss Hornets and GG.

The only reason for why he stops is because Goblins love cheese.

not a fan

completely counters multiple defenses (and some heroes entirely)

forces you to play a dps character, which forces you to have at least 2 of every class so you can play the dps version to collect gear for your builder

guess its time to stop playing again, maybe better in another 6 months

@huntn4it quote:

not a fan

completely counters multiple defenses (and some heroes entirely)

forces you to play a dps character, which forces you to have at least 2 of every class so you can play the dps version to collect gear for your builder

guess its time to stop playing again, maybe better in another 6 months

Agreed.

Back to Xcom2 until the next major patch.

I have no problem with their idea of a poison immune enemy to break up the pdt only meta, what i do have a problem with is completely negating any kind of ground tower. And being forced to play DPS, i farmed 750er gear to NOT play DPS anymore. I enjoyed the ability in DD1 to have some dps stats on your builders and roll with it. But DPS in DD2 is close to being a sedative injection. Most DPS heroes feature 2 buttons if at all.

Well time for a diffrent game until that thing has a look over.

When this roller gonna get removed?
It's not for solo and newbie like me

and about drops, so more hero in deck = hard to get gear for specific hero

if you don't want player afk in game then just make other thing. not this one or make an option i don't want to fight it! :'(
BTW ty for fixing lag issue now, No lag but new enemies is my new issue now.

"challenge" can i please get a challenge where i don't need to carry a DPS who does not need gear anymore i would love to get gear for the toon i am actually farming for.

Since i don't want to be a complete stinker here are some suggestions for trendy :)

Choose one: Either counter ground defenses or towers, not both.

I personally would recommend leaving the siege tank the way it is except it does not destroy ground defenses. Instead its super vulnerable to them(normal tanks are vulnerable to mines Adept.png). This would mean that people have to build some DPS ground defenses and can't get away with just PDT's. Effectively it would be a semi PDT counter instead of forcing every one to play dps.

And then you can buff/fix LAs and blaze balloons and LSAs and geysers and oil geysers etc etc so we can all have fun squire_small.pngsanta.png