Sign in to follow this  
Immortal-D

The one thing you miss from DD1 more than any other?

For me, it's the Pets.  In DD1 they were.... well, fun.  Also incredibly varied, and often fat.  But mostly fun.  That personal connection to your Pet just isn't present in DD2, they are simply stat holders.  Don't get me wrong, loving DD2 in its' Alpha glory, and I am eagerly awaiting fun stuff in the new year.  That said, what is the single best thing you miss from the old game?

I miss some of the towers. DD1 had a lot more 'impressive' feeling towers than DD2, especially at endgame when literally every tower is a minigun and you a lot of numbers everywhere. Honestly, in DD1 you felt a lot more powerful mainly because the game was a little bit more ridiculous, which I liked.

@LJMjollnir quote:

@Calb quote:

Challenges. For sure. Unlikely Allies, Moving Cores.

no no no.. Cupid can go to hell... some of the other challenges where alright i guess

YES, PLEASE. I managed to do all maps on survival nmhc, but for the life of me can't find the patience or a way to do that darn challenge.

ahahah yeah Cupid was the only challenge i never got around to finishing before i quit DD1... so many years ago now tho...

I do miss looking at all my cool Trophies and different Crystals i could use tho

What I'm seeing from all of the above is that DD1 was more 'over the top', just a wild ride.  Again, I know DD2 is Alpha, we have a long ways to go.  Still, definitely feels more sterile than its' predecessor.

OH! I forgot "customizing" my tavern! I remember my pet corner full of diamonds, my "obsidian corner", and the tavernkeeper's bar full of cool armor sets.

I miss the initial impression the game gave. Was very different than anything I'd played before, but that's something you can only remember fondly lol.

Aside from that, vanity stuff like the Tavern trophies and color picking. 

Hardcore mode, challenges, fascist party leaders, trading, pets system (not the best but they had some good stuff there), the old one maps and bo$$ fight, really complicated maps and fan-made maps, funny skins and uncommon skins (not only armor), enemies variety, survival system and rewards, GUNS, item rarity and bonus sets, and the most important detail (not hating) difficulty.

Pretty much the whole game.

I'm sure that i am in the minority, but miss the long survival missions (and actually having a reason to play them). I miss having to actually think of builds or look up other peoples builds on sites like ddplanner. I miss the builds having more complexity to them.

Also, trading.

Levelling to 100, stats that made a difference, hardcore, real nightmare difficulty.

DPS pets that could kill NM content

Summoner

Build timers

Fast enemies

Proper boss fights

Etc etc

I'm actually totally glad build timers are gone lol. If they get added as an optional modifier when those come, sure, but those usually hurt my fun more than helped. I didn't like the mandatory pacing... At least not in solo play. 

Fozzie got some points. Im up for the build timers and the fast enemies. We can find some folks sweating on the buried bastille incursion because of map time and lives, nerf pdt or add the demolisher and they will have a hard time.

So many things..

- Having to play 4/5 hours in a row to go to those 20+ waves on survival NM, to get a single item with the right stat, the right type, in order to climb for one more wave.

- The variety of towers, the aura range of the monk. That was really fun to cover the whole maps with 2/3/4 (depend on the map range). The start of NM mod, when we used to deal with spiders with apprentice blockades and electricity towers, and when suddenly 180 spiders appears and you need to run everywhere to repair and kill them.

- The pets, the genie/djinn was really good to upgrade towers from the inside and not having to go outside of blockades with your squishy builder. Guardian angels were really really good and fun to have, the apprentice and the huntress one to up rate of fire and damage. Kinda ridiculous to see, but extremely fun ! And the dps ones, that could kill entire waves by themselves too.

- The " lore " and the look of heroes, skins were much more cheap too, and having the possibility to change the name of your char everytime you wanted to.

- Pretty much everything in fact, but i can't try to go back in, i want to trust in trendy making the second version a really 2.0 of the one, with improvements, more variety and all. So i will support this version as much as i can, even if it's a bit more tedious on some points.

- Bosses, they were a real challenge. Except for the last incursion, that reminds me a bit of the giant spider queen, you had to taunt and keep busy as hell to kill her with a blockade buffed by a squire guardian angel (first time we needed to use it to beat her in NM as 4 players)

- The endless spire map, was my favorite one. I remember that it was there that i looted my first " mythical " items, by ending one, then two, then three waves in order to open chests, then getting crushed by ogres.

- Speaking about ogres, the number of them in NM maps, the sound when they popped by groups and all. Well, good memories, and i hope to make new ones next year.