Sign in to follow this  
HolyIndra

Current Meta

So what heros are currently being used the most and with what kind of builds? Because I played a tower Squire and am finding that my Apprentice is already doing better in tower damage. I haven't played since when it was first released so I am used to playing when Monk's boost aura was op. But, what is being played now since I don't want to spend time on a hero that will feel lackluster in the end.

As far as i know people use the proton beam from series EV with the chance to freeze on her weapon, PDT's from huntress and SA, thats about it, you can fill in the rest whatever suits you best.

Edit: you might want to use PDT's early on, but once you get into higher ipwr ranges you can use whatever you want.

PDT and double buffs is everything you need to AFK any map. However it really is not required to double buff PDT's, you can just leave them alone or single buff them if you are wanting to build anything else.

If you don't want to upgrade, then just build walls to prevent Ogre's etc getting to far.

Basically think of it like this, PDT does all your damage, building random other towers makes you feel like you have a build... when in reality its PDT's doing all the work :)

@Zimmermann quote:

PDT and double buffs is everything you need to AFK any map. However it really is not required to double buff PDT's, you can just leave them alone or single buff them if you are wanting to build anything else.

If you don't want to upgrade, then just build walls to prevent Ogre's etc getting to far.

Basically think of it like this, PDT does all your damage, building random other towers makes you feel like you have a build... when in reality its PDT's doing all the work :)

i've spent most of my recent playtime tackling the list of nm4 incursions without pdt because...it gets boring using one build all the time.  That said, you really kinda need to already have the gear that comes from the places you are trying to farm to make most of the non-pdt builds work.  

i'd say the list of viable towers in the game right now (you're gimping yourself using pretty much anything but these) are:

1. PDT with toxic shock bow

2. Serenity Aura with infernal combuster and slow passive

3. Buff Beam

4. Buff Aura

5. Proton Beam (until tuesday when the siege engine ruins them and nobody ever uses them again)

6. Hornets (ridiculous to gear for, enjoy...)

7. Frost tower with frosty power staff (if using proton beams)

8. Squire wall with hearty blockade passive on totem and full defense health build (haven't tested mystic walls, but the lavamancer walls aren't worth 80 DU imho, even though i want to use them).

9. Fissure from lavamancer because it's 0 DU so why not, even though it's garbage. (Can only make 2 per lavamancer) Pairs well with a dps using oil strikes sphere i suppose to light them on fire...

10. Snake totem thing from mystic since it's 0 DU (can only make 1 per mystic)

huntn4it there are actually much more options then that, but most of the options are from the new heroes.

I would say the best tower other then PDT from the original 4 heroes is probably ballista's, then earthshatter for a very specific job. 

But archers, harpies are both mega strong too.

I personally only play with Lightning Auras, SGT's, Frosties, boost auras and blockades but I do not recommend doing so yourself unless you want the game to be at least 10 times harder. Unless like in this video I am testing something or proving a point about balance :)

Yeah there are quite a few defenses missing from that list. 

Archers - old meta still quite viable

skeleton orcs - good wall

viper tower - will be amazing again if they fix it not criting

obelisk - need active mystic to make full use of this

snake wall - my favorite wall

volcano - great in large quantities

dryad towers - most are good but with 100000 passives really hard to gear