Sign in to follow this  
PandynatorDD

200 Hornets Vs Betsy

A question, i take it the puddles of oil on that map in the lanes do reduce the damage of the hornets?

Also why are you not upgrading? is it due to a bug or are hornets just that strong?

@Zimmermann quote:

A question, i take it the puddles of oil on that map in the lanes do reduce the damage of the hornets?

Also why are you not upgrading? is it due to a bug or are hornets just that strong?

1. They only reduce regular damage not critical.

2. Crit damage doesn't scale so I'm not bothering. It only goes up from 2.5k to 9k with my stats.

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

2. Crit damage doesn't scale so I'm not bothering. It only goes up from 2.5k to 9k with my stats.

hmm they almost sound like how proton beams used to work, or possibly still do (don't use them).

@Zimmermann quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

hmm they almost sound like how proton beams used to work, or possibly still do (don't use them).

I think SA is making the hornets too strong. Trendy really should do something about it.

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

I think SA is making the hornets too strong. Trendy really should do something about it.

EX DE!

They can fly a bit, tested them vs cthulu. Worked great until it started going bonkers, then they barely did any damage to it.

Also you can see them take out wyverns, but they struggle a little. I think it's because they move slow.

I kinda remember this one :D. Just without me this time gobu.

Nice work! You are now a 1/2 fully bee master vegetable too!

@PandynatorDD quote:

They can fly a bit, tested them vs cthulu. Worked great until it started going bonkers, then they barely did any damage to it.

Also you can see them take out wyverns, but they struggle a little. I think it's because they move slow.

Another question, are the nests technically ground defenses or towers? can they be destroyed by attacks.

Interesting. [[150185,users]] The nest is a Trap, so far as Monsters are concerned.  If the Hornets can indeed reach Wyverns on a regular basis, that would make them superior to Slimes in every aspect.  Which is unfortunate, b/c I was leaning towards a Slime spec :(

@Immortal-D quote:

Interesting. Zimmermann The nest is a Trap, so far as Monsters are concerned.  If the Hornets can indeed reach Wyverns on a regular basis, that would make them superior to Slimes in every aspect.  Which is unfortunate, b/c I was leaning towards a Slime spec :(

They also seem like the perfect replacement for all ground defenses now we have the siege engine. build next to lanes, and cannot take any damage.

@Zimmermann quote:

They also seem like the perfect replacement for all ground defenses now we have the siege engine. build next to lanes, and cannot take any damage.

Auras/Traps/Beams have always been stronger than normal Towers because they are immune to Monster attacks with no drawback, that isn't new.  However, the Siege Engine will definitely compound the problem, bringing it more into public focus.  Coupled with the fact that Slime Pit has zero Spheres vs. Hornet's 2, I think we'll be seeing a lot more builds with at least 1/2 the DU allocated to Hornet.

@Immortal-D quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

Auras/Traps/Beams have always been stronger than normal Towers because they are immune to Monster attacks with no drawback, that isn't new.  However, the Siege Engine will definitely compound the problem, bringing it more into public focus.  Coupled with the fact that Slime Pit has zero Spheres vs. Hornet's 2, I think we'll be seeing a lot more builds with at least 1/2 the DU allocated to Hornet.

TBH I dont see any change other then SA's being placed out of the lanes, and walls replacing any proton beams.

If the AI on hornets can cause them to sometimes attack the "sweet spot" on the siege engine, then they will take center stage, if not they wont complete with PDT unless the mortars from the siege engine can damage normal towers.

I just see the siege engine as something that gets blocked by a while while player DPS kill it from behind.

I do worry about ground defenses being "stronger" when right now most of them are doing far less damage then standard towers other then proton beam.

Hornets have been one of my go tos lately for sure. They're crazy good and since upgrading atm is low priority, it makes it great for lazy planning lol

@Zimmermann quote:

@Immortal-D quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

TBH I dont see any change other then SA's being placed out of the lanes, and walls replacing any proton beams.

If the AI on hornets can cause them to sometimes attack the "sweet spot" on the siege engine, then they will take center stage, if not they wont complete with PDT unless the mortars from the siege engine can damage normal towers.

I just see the siege engine as something that gets blocked by a while while player DPS kill it from behind.

I do worry about ground defenses being "stronger" when right now most of them are doing far less damage then standard towers other then proton beam.

Yea I wonder how that siege tank works. If it has two separate targets, the hornets should be able to attack it. Since only one hornet from each nest can attack a single target maybe they can attack both at the same time?

It would trivialize the siege tank for sure.

Also will be interesting to see if training dummy can send it back, or is that functionality all gone? When it comes to bosses.

Also wondering how LA's will do damage to it, will it damage both? If so what is stopping 200k poison damage ticks from spreading to it as well.

I think we will start to see people implement a obelisk into their PDT builds. place it behind the tank and let it rip it to shreds in a few seconds.

@PandynatorDD quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

@Immortal-D quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

Yea I wonder how that siege tank works. If it has two separate targets, the hornets should be able to attack it. Since only one hornet from each nest can attack a single target maybe they can attack both at the same time?

It would trivialize the siege tank for sure.

Also will be interesting to see if training dummy can send it back, or is that functionality all gone? When it comes to bosses.

Also wondering how LA's will do damage to it, will it damage both? If so what is stopping 200k poison damage ticks from spreading to it as well.

I think we will start to see people implement a obelisk into their PDT builds. place it behind the tank and let it rip it to shreds in a few seconds.

New meta, PDTs/walls/obelisk.

old less powerful ground defense builds can all RIP.

If this is the case, it would actually make the game worse by narrowing down a META that works and ruining a lot if not all ground defense builds, so lets hope we are both wrong on that front.

I think Pandynator has suggested a nice tactic having a fully upgraded obelisk placed behind it whilst it being tanked from the front.

Would a blocking squire in a serenity and maybe a tree aura be able to just hold it in place. I guess we'll find out pretty quickly. The stream seemed to suggest it has a particular weakness

The mortars were nice shame they seemed such short range.

I presume everything will stay the same...except changes in spawn builds. Tank will be dpsed down as soon as it comes out from the spawn.