Sign in to follow this  
Carnage-

Better loot tier names

I don't know if this is possible; but could we have better tier names for items above ultimate? Assuming that the CDT has no plans to bring in a higher tier than ult++; I suggest making ult++ into ultimate and then finding new names for ult, ult93 and ult+ while we are at it; should probably make the level requirement for ult+ 96

Some suggestions:

Phenomenal, Exalted, Fabled, Divine

It is probably too late to change current tier names.  However new tiers are still possible.

I'm not sure there is much point in new tiers:

1) Ultimate is already rare; ult++ is 64 times rarer.

2) Very little ult++ gear can reach it's cap, a new tier which raises the cap seems pointless

3) You can beat every map currently in the game with Myth/Trans items, anything above is just for showing off.

I've just never really liked the tack on ult93, ult+ and ult++ levels and thought it would be nice to name them better (even if it's just for new drops)

I like the tier names the way they are :)  I think changing them would just be confusing for existing players, even if the new names are cool.

By the way, it's rare, but I don't think it's 64 times rarerAs for capping, a lot of ult++ weapons and pets cap, but ult++ armor can never cap.

A new tier doesn't necessarily need to have a higher cap, so that doesn't need to be an argument against it.  It could have higher spawn stats or more upgrades but the same cap.  (I don't think this makes sense from a game balance point of view, though.  I think the items that drop now are already OP enough, unless other major changes are made to the game.)

I do like the idea of changing ult+ from level 100 to 96.  Or 97 or 98 or 99.  I got trolled by level 100 lab pets so many times, only to find out they were ult+ :(

@Plane quote:

I do like the idea of changing ult+ from level 100 to 96.  Or 97 or 98 or 99.  I got trolled by level 100 lab pets so many times, only to find out they were ult+ :(

+1

new tiers could be any number of things.

- more stats - because some still like stats even though more stats dont make a difference

- more ups - keep caps but just more ups to spread around

- added effects - extra damage, healing, speed etc

- rarity - just something else for those who love farming rare items

Maybe new hero levels could be created, like up to 105 for the new tier.  There are lots of possibilities for a new tier if one is ever created.

@ddace quote:

- more stats - because some still like stats even though more stats dont make a difference

Maybe new hero levels could be created, like up to 105 for the new tier.  There are lots of possibilities for a new tier if one is ever created.

no one is asking about that acen....

@mkjo quote:

@Plane quote:

+1

+1 from me aswell

However:

@ddace quote:

I like the Idea of adding new qualities of armor with some tasty names, however I don´t like making Higher stats possible. Please keep the max stats as high as they are now and don´t increase it, especially on armor. However I´d like for example some new effects or such on armor just like those that you added on accessoires. So that you for example have some floating effects or such... 

And I´d like some kind of "salty" quality. Very low drop rate like ult but a maximum of 4 stats possible. So you can actually build sets out of those but they are very unlikely to have the correct stats. 

@ddace quote:

new hero levels means more TD runs.... please no

also level 100 is such a nice level to stop on lets be honest.

i like the idea of having rare armor with added attributes. But i am a little nervous abot having added move speed on armor or gear since then the person with move speed would have a complete advantage in the forms of speed runs and in order to be a optimal farmer you would want nothing but move speed on every item.

More stats just adds bloat and as you said it it pointless due to scaling all it wold really be useful for is making you sides insanely high.

The more ups would be completely insane on dps armor and for hybrid characters but i do love myself items with 500+ ups... it is tempting but i feel it falls into the same category of more stats.

but i really like the idea of having say a roaster of 10 or so addtional effects that can be added to armor and stacked so in total you have 4 slots so you can either have 4 semi weak effects or say stack 3 and then have 1 extra slot for another thing. adds more customization to characters. But i think anything that adds more to speed is risky since speed is not a good idea we already se the female skins and characters for builders due to speed adding armor with a implicit speed would make every other implicit properties sorta useless on builders..

I'm totally against any sort of "more stat tier" & I don't like the idea of more item qualities.

Instead what I'd prefer is some sort of way wherein -- without "inspecting" a player you can make out what armor set they are wearing, or if they are equipping a non-matching armor set. In a way, adding a cosmetic effect on a character which lets others know that a player has equipped say a full set of Pristine Armor. And the magnitude of the effect would vary depending on item quality, so a full set of Cursed Armor wouldn't be less "glowy/recognizable" compared to say a full set of Godly or Myth Armor Set.

Finally, if tier name & level requirements for Ult93 and Ult+ can be updated that would be nice. I'd personally prefer a distinguishable name between Ult90 & Ulti93 items, both are Ultimate at the moment with only the level requirement helping you figure out what quality it is. Similarly for Ult+ & Ult++ I'd like the level requirement be lowered for Ult+ to level 96/97 perhaps.

@ddace quote:

Just to run with this idea for fun:

The game has enough power creep already, so I don't think adding more levels or higher tiers would be a good idea.  But it could be fun to have a new lower tier with added effects, which would give players a trade-off between higher stats or added effects.

So like for example:

• Transcendent+
  • Level 86 (higher than sup, despite having lower stats)
  • Stat multiplier 1.33 (same as trans)
  • Stat cap 460 (between trans and sup)
  • Spawn method: 1 in 52 chance that trans is upgraded to trans+
  • Mini-map color: white
  • Slight white glow when dropped
  • One additional effect per item ("extra damage, healing, speed etc") with an extra modifier in the item name ("Swift" = +2.5% speed, "Radiant" = healing, "Winged" = jump higher or double jump, "Vampiric" = absorbs health when player attacks, etc.)
  • Armor-only, pets/weapons never drop trans+

The effects would have to be small enough that it would be a reasonable trade-off versus high-end gear and not super OP, just something to make it interesting.  At the same time, it certainly wouldn't be bad stats-wise, just lower than high-end gear, and they'd be rare enough that farming good ones would take a long time.