The PDT is OP challenge ! (moar PDT threads!) -Vids

Lets show Trendy just how broken PDT is.

Rules:

#1 Only use PDT's to win any NM4 map

#2 DPS is allowed but afk is encouraged to show OPness

#3 On very hard maps walls are allowed.

#4 no other towers no buffs no SAs preferably not even passive buffs like eruption or mystic buff.

Make a video !

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Pegazul quote: #3 On very hard maps walls are allowed.

You don't need walls on any map using PDTs. I highly recommend not using walls.

@Pegazul quote: #4 no other towers no buffs no SAs preferably not even passive buffs like eruption or mystic buff.

Half of the reason why PDTs are broken is because they are so efficient... all you need to spend the rest of your DU on buff beams and buff auras after placing PDTs and you won the map. Saying you can't use buff beams is pointless.

Otherwise, this seems like an easy enough challenge to do. Not using SAs will hurt but it's certainly not the end of the world.

Whats the hardest map in the game guys?  I was thinking Terraria incursion, but maybe thats only because of the boss.

I will start with that one XD

@Zimmermann quote:

Whats the hardest map in the game guys? 

The hardest map in the game for PDTs is probably Power Surge.

The hardest map in the game is probably Blood Moon.

@TMTrainer quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

ok TY, i have something fun to do tomorrow evening.

They all ready no how powerful PDT is.  Reason it does not matter right now, is that once phase 3 is out with new difficulty thats when things will change.  And items will be revamped from what I hear, so all the items we get now, will not matter too much.

@Zimmermann quote:

Whats the hardest map in the game guys?  I was thinking Terraria incursion, but maybe thats only because of the boss.

Bastille incursion would be my guess. Terraria might be hard to fight the boss with no SA. Need a tanky character that can heal(ayyyyy lavamancer burrow :D)

@Pegazul quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

Bastille incursion would be my guess. Terraria might be hard to fight the boss with no SA. Need a tanky character that can heal(ayyyyy lavamancer burrow :D)

Bastille complete only PDTs built, no hero dps, just some hero blocking aka getting hit to slow down ogres. Not sure if thats breaking the rules.

@Zimmermann quote:

@Pegazul quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

Bastille complete only PDTs built, no hero dps, just some hero blocking aka getting hit to slow down ogres. Not sure if thats breaking the rules.

Lol its close enough xD. 

I just finished Demons Lair, i did use DPS to quickly kill the lava guardians and the boss but obviously all the other lanes where on their own including more lava guardians.

Nerf serenity auras plz. OP. They can kill things at spawn. People are saying PDT are OP. You can place a Serenity Aura at the very edge of the PDT max range and it will chain kill Mobs all the way back into their spawn even around corners and even if the PDT doesn't have eyes on the spawn. OP. Plz Nerf.

Alright, ill get us started with demons lair since its super fast and drops 750 ipwr gear.

My PDTs took pretty much no dmg even on the hard lanes so i could have probably sat around for a pretty long time instead of killing the lava guardians my self.

@Zimmermann quote:

Bastille NM4 incursion, just PDT's no other towers. No hero DPS, though I did stand in the way of some Ogres.

That's pretty badass man. You pulled it of with no walls and your PDTs look like glass cannons.

I have the benefit of being able to use my PDTs as semi-walls since they got around 300k HP at max tier xD. 

Grats snowman2.png

@Pegazul quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

Bastille NM4 incursion, just PDT's no other towers. No hero DPS, though I did stand in the way of some Ogres.

That's pretty badass man. You pulled it of with no walls and your PDTs look like glass cannons.

I have the benefit of being able to use my PDTs as semi-walls since they got around 300k HP at max tier xD. 

Grats snowman2.png

yeah they had i htink at rank 5 26k hp.  I gave them mostly monk DP/DCD gear, with a few bits of DP/DH.

Holy cow PDT are pretty strong?! First time I'm hearing about this! We should make some topics about it.

Here is NM4 Betsy using PDT's only. The only thing i used my DPS for was to kill betsy in the end. Although i think the PDT got the last hit in :P

Was a bit harder than Demons Lair. Actually had to repair some and rebuild some away from curses.

Also you get to enjoy the aerial view of a flying dryad as the PDTs just rek everything.

@TMTrainer quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

Power Surge is actually easier with PDTs than it is with anything else. Well, assuming you aren't geared to the point that you can use 1 of any tower to cover a lane in it. But, at that point, you probably worked really hard to gear for that, so PDT is still easier.

You guys "complaining" about PDT will get the PDT nerfed to the floor to earthshatter levels and you'll be the first ones to cry about how much the PDT got nerfed.

Not at all, I don't want it nerfed to the ground. But, if you can't see that it's clearly out of line, and that bringing everything to it's level would be foolish, I'm not sure what to say to you.

I see it's utterly broken, but you guys are overdoing it. Trendy is more than well-aware of that, and they're not robots. If you got a bunch of people complaining about the same stuff, once you manage to fix it, you'll want to make sure they stop complaining about that forever or you're going to smack someone with a cactus.

If you don't want it nerfed to the ground, stop being annoying. Make a "thank you" thread for bringing the terraria update (I'm pretty sure it must've been a pain to contact with the terraria guys and do a double patch, because, in case you don't know it, terraria got a Dungeon Defenders 2 patch too, and it's REALLY awesome to see two companies work together like that), thank them for creating the bug reporting webpage, where you have direct contact with the trendy team, and can discuss directly with them the bugs and features of the game. Complain about the earthshatter tower being really weak, tell them to buff the cannonball tower. There are tons of other things to complain about, if you like whining so much. I'm not a game developer, but I'm sure as hell if I got into my game''s forums only to see dozens of people complaining over and over and over and over again about the same thing beating the same dead horse daily making sure there's a new post at least once a day, and several comments on other threads wouldn't motivate me much to keep going, especially if I already knew it is broken.

I'll just say something that seems to tickle everyone's balls when someone says it, but it's the most logical thing to do: if you don't like it, don't use it. It's not like you were using it before it was broken. It being in the game doesn't mean you're being forced to use it. You guys are becoming toxic players with that attitude. That much toxic shock is affecting y'all.

[[130078,users]], really?! This thread is just sad. It makes me cry inside for you. What is your ipwr? you, too [[150185,users]], what is your ipwr level?  I can almost guarantee that you are 750+ ipwr. Most players are not that high. Even most long time players, like myself, are not 750+ ipwr cuz we just don't want to spend so much time farming the gear for a variety of reasons.

Also, try the PDT without accompanying Huntress bow. Showcase that.

Also, try using 700 or lower PDT with accompanying huntress bow and showcase that. 

Zimm, I know you have high ipwr for your monk build. Bcuz of that you do nm4 incs pretty easily (maybe not afk?). The point here is, most builds are "OP" when you have 750+ ipwr gear with all the right passives.

@Vagnar quote:

Holy cow PDT are pretty strong?! First time I'm hearing about this! We should make some topics about it.

LOL

I'm just done talking on the forums after this. Unless someone has a legit question I can answer. Ppl gonna wanna argue to feel "smart" about a bunch of stupid pixels. This game is dumb. All games are dumb. I really enjoy this game, but in the end, it's dumb, just like all games are dumb. I'll Keep playing DD2 cuz I find it really fun. Even if there were no "victory chests" and no more "upgrades" than what we have current, I'd still play, cuz I ind the gameplay in and of itself fun.  I'm just getting tired of all you "elitests" crying for nerfs when thee is no need for nerfs at this time. 

I stand by what I said on the other thread (again, seriously pegazul? This is a new low for you!) SA is what makes the PDT so strong. Just cuz you have ipwr 750+ gear, does not mean PDT build is too OP & needs to be nerfed. Maybe your ego needs to be nerfed?!

I bet you are laughing inside Pega. and if you are, that makes you a jerk and a bully. And people like you make this world a bad place to live in! I hope you are not laughing inside, tho cuz I want to think the best about you. 

Your videos prove only 1 or 2 things: You spend enough time to get the 750+ gear to make all your builds OP. and that you have a big ego! Other than that, your videos prove nothing. 

Like I said, use PDT without huntress bow & see what it does. Try 700 or lower PDT with huntress bow & see if you can afk. Nope! Ogres gonna get ya & maybe some mobs, too. I thought you were better than this Pegazul. Zimm, you, too....I don't understand....You are often times pretty cool about things. but with this whole "PDT BUILD" debate, you are acting like an elitist, which you are not. For shame!! for shame!!!

Good night everyone!

My PDT huntress is somewhere around 720 or 740 idk i haven't looked. I use the towering poison gear so its not super optimized.

This challenge is just to show that PDT can solo everything by it self. If you have a 650 ipwr huntress + boost aura your PDT does the same dmg mine does. Do you really think you should be able to beat the hardest content with 1 tower + boost ?

Its a fun challenge for every one :)

So, "I want to be overpowered, so I use an overpowered tower while I complain because I'm overpowered"?

@Skyaliciouse quote:

@Nefhith quote:

So, "I want to be overpowered, so I use an overpowered tower while I complain because I'm overpowered"?

Hey, if it's directed at me, I have never complained about pdt=p I want all the towers to function properly and have amazing damage dealing capabilities =p

Sorry if it's intended for someone else, didn't mean to indulge

It was, I'm a bit sleepy right now, and didn't quite get what you tried to mention on the comment above. Sorry if I misinterpreted it.

SpiderDanX Yeah I have pretty high ipwr on all my heroes.

Core builders:

• Waller 772
  • SA/Boost 787
  • LA/SGT 778
  • Frosty 779

Builds I dont use:

• PDT 780 (15% weapon trashteir)
  • buff beam 782
  • ballista 775
  • Archer 753
  • Proton 760 (not finished, no frosty nodes)
  • Volcano 743 (not finished)

DPS

• melee burst 765
  • Drench AOE 790
  • Gunwitch 773 (not finished)

However, I am comparing what I can do with a single PDT to my much better geared Monk, sure he has lower Ipwr, but he has perfect passives, while the PDT doesn't even have range on a single item just stacking DP.

Saying well new players cant do that with their PDT's because they have low ipwr is not an argument, simply because they can do even less with their lightning auras.

Also saying "well unequip your weapon" we can say that about any item. a Boost/SA monk would be trash without his weapon or his slow/empowered relic. Squire waller would be trash without their perfect 40% blockade  health etc. Now granted Toxic shock adds insane amounts, as does Infernal combuster, but they are wel designed weapons adding cool aspects to a class and without them, those towers should be trash. But with them they should not single handidly clear a NM4 map.

A clear cut example: 

• With SA's, Blockades, Boost Auras and PDT's I can AFK any and all maps in the game on both defense and incursion (excluding power surge).
  • With SA's, Blockades, Boost Auras, Lightning Auras, Sky Guard Towers and Frostbite Towers I have to actively DPS on many maps as well as repair and pay close attention to which lanes I upgrade in the build phase. I am also unable to do Power Surge (rather I haven't even tried). Oh and I cant public build with LA/SGT/Frosty as it has a high chance of failure due to blockades being destroyed and SGTs being unable to handle air lanes.

Anyway just my opinion on the topic.