Sign in to follow this  
Carnage-

More logical map placement

Just a few ideas on tidying up the menus and making it easier to find maps you are looking for. (Or in my case, look through for any random maps not completed/completed on nightmare) 

Can we move:

PVP maps into their own category button

Bucc bay invasion into challenges

Crystaline dimension into quest for eternia shards menu (in addition to or instead of portal [personally I'd like the portal removed or togglable...])

Bonus maps into their own menu

Karachi jungle and Bucc bay into the bonus maps menu (they don't contain story line from the Qftles or lost quests)

@Carnage- quote:

Just a few ideas on tidying up the menus and making it easier to find maps you are looking for. (Or in my case, look through for any random maps not completed/completed on nightmare) 

Can we move:

PVP maps into their own category button

Bucc bay invasion into challenges

Crystaline dimension into quest for eternia shards menu (in addition to or instead of portal [personally I'd like the portal removed or togglable...])

Bonus maps into their own menu

Karachi jungle and Bucc bay into the bonus maps menu (they don't contain story line from the Qftles or lost quests)

We had discussed this previously back when we first started.  It was thought best to not mess with the current layout and put all CDT stuff in one place.

I don't know about moving the others, I'm neutral on those.

But I absolutely support having the option to toggle that damn Crystal on/off and the ability to launch CD via the map selection menu on NMHC. Also, most of the time when you start CD, you realize HC wasn't ticked on, it is quite annoying. IMO the Crystalline Portal should've been a one time thing, so once you get the achievement it automatically goes off and CD appears in the map menu. So that keeps the initial feeling of heading into the Crystalline Dimension right from your tavern, but it doesn't look like an eye-sore once you have beaten it! :-D

And while on the topic of CD, can we have its map tag changed form "Challenge" to "Campaign"? I'm pretty sure its part of the QFTLES Campaign, but if you want to check your stats on it, then you have to look for it in the "Challenges" section.

The option to disable the CD portal was previously suggested and has already been added to the coming Update.

Well I mean removed in the sense that the option to toggle it off and the option to launch CD via the map menu should have been there from the start.

I think they mean something like CD appear as a fifth map in shards once you have it unlocked harry, so you can toggle off the massive portal in your tavern.

@wdaled quote:

I think they mean something like CD appear as a fifth map in shards once you have it unlocked harry, so you can toggle off the massive portal in your tavern.

yea i know.... that was a i run to much cd joke....

@ddace quote:

The option to disable the CD portal was previously suggested and has already been added to the coming Update.

I lost count of how many times I accidentally ran CD without HC.  But I did get my 2nd best espear without HC, so it wasn't all bad.

I actually think the portal is really cool, but I don't think it's cool enough to override the usability problems of forgetting HC or picking up items stuck in the portal, so that seems like a good change.

@Carnage- quote:

Pulling the thread back on topic.

What about moving the PvP maps? They shouldn't really sit under 'Challenges'

Sounds like a good idea in theory, but at this point we're getting into bikeshedding, trivial stuff that won't really improve the game.  We have to remember that changes like this don't come for free:

• All the old players probably know where every map is in the list already, so every change is going to make them re-learn stuff.  That's bad from a game design perspective.  How many people still go to the "challenges" menu every time they want to load up Moonbase? Re-learning is harder than learning.
  • Every time you change something there's the possibility you're introducing a bug.  That means extra testing, and sometimes bugs slip through anyway, so you should make sure every change is actually worth making.

So maybe this is the best option:

@ddace quote:It was thought best to not mess with the current layout and put all CDT stuff in one place.

:)