Sign in to follow this  
harry4550

[EVENT] The Attack of the Mad Turkeys

Good morning!

We just recently finished our run on the event, and I'd like to start with a large "Thank you!" to Atlas who hosted the event for us. We also wanted to thank the CDT and Event Team for working so hard on the new event. Congrats to the winner of the 'design the next event item' contest... not sure if that info is considered a spoiler right now, so I wont go into any specifics there :) 

We ran the event, and streamed it.. and we will put the video up on youtube, so anyone wanting to see the event before they run it can go take a look. 

Youtube link here (Run starts at 18:50)

I'm hoping in the future, some events will be aimed more towards the average player, or new player. I know you can get all the leet gear from the tavern armory shipment pack, but it doesn't give game mechanic knowledge and years of experience. I don't think this event falls into the style of gameplay that I really enjoy, or came to DD for. But that is ok, everyone has different styles and preferences of play. So hoping that some people are immensity enjoying the event!

Thanks again for making a new event and spending your time keeping the game alive and active :) 

@OrderOfParadox quote:

if anyone knows how to turn that link into a proper link (using edit, not new post), please let avonlea know, so we can fix it.. Thanks!) 

So that is very easy, once you click on the edit post button, it'll take you to a new page.
Once the edit page is loaded, check the URL of that page on the address bar, and it should be something like -- dungeondefenders.com/1/edit/topicComment/<threadID>/<postID>

Here, all you have to do is change the 1 right after the dungeondefenders.com/ to 2, so now your link should be -- dungeondefenders.com/2/edit/topicComment/<threadID>/<postID>. Then hit enter and it will take you to a significantly better edit page, which is only available on the DD2 forums, but we can use it by simply changing the forum number. :-)

Thanks for the Event!

And heres my reply...

First of all thanks to Atlas running me (and my group) during this Event, we was one of the groups who made it. (~15 minutes left, also like 12 Lives.). We runned on sunday, so it was after the mappatch which added more lives for the map (40 -> 60).

I wont say any names, but i was originally premade with One other person and we really where lucky with all our mates. We all traded our equipment (it was open, at least ^^) and figured who builds, and, even better: we all met at ts3, including Atlas, except one of our mates (well. he stood at the crystall all day long and... repaired?). It was great fun and it was not too hard, so i definitely liked it. This time, as far as I am concerned, the group chat was far better organized. The only uncool think i heared so far was that some Event hosts helped and some... not (not saying any names again :) ). That should be fixed, all Event host should help- or no one. But its always more fun to help and it propably would be lame for most of the hosts to only sit around.

On this point also congradulations to Mambo for his Event Item design :) .

Rule CDT!

-> Michili

Thanks Michili! Hope you enjoy the item! :-)

I'd also like to take this moment and thank everyone from the community who voted for my submission and helped me win the contest! It's the first time I've won anything in DD related to contests and giveaways in my 5 years! So it certainly feels nice! :-D

I'd also like to thank people who didn't vote for my item! I hope you at least enjoy it! :-)

I'd like to thank the ENTIRE Events-Team for their work and Middo for hosting me and my friends, as always! :-)

I'd also like to thank Harry for organizing the "Community Designed Event Item" contest, and getting the community involved in the Event process. it was fun designing the items for hours and coming up with one final submission! Also thanks a ton to community members who participated in the contest! I really enjoyed a lot of the submissions! :-)

Finally I'd like to thank Acen for providing the as-is copy of my original submission and handing it to me as part of winning the contest, this was a pleasant surprise! The one I got has 6666 more damage(as it was submitted in the original post), that's all! :-)

Thank you all!

And so on that note, I'd like to request more  "Community Designed Event Item" contests! We get lots of good submissions, and community involvement is always good! Please make it happen again for the next event! :-D

<3 Mambo!

@Black Mamba quote:

And so on that note, I'd like to request more  "Community Designed Event Item" contests! We get lots of good submissions, and community involvement is always good! Please make it happen again for the next event! :-D

<3 Mambo!

While we probably wont do it for every event I was very happy with the turn out and the number of people who took part with learning something in the DDDK. This is surly something that will come back around from time to time.