Sign in to follow this  
harry4550

[EVENT] The Attack of the Mad Turkeys

I like challenging stuff. I really do. Actually happy on my side Poly is coming into ranked. I know you're working on progression maps too which I think is really nice.

That being said... Map is not fun. It's frustrating as all hell and easily failable should you get a host connection that's not kind with you. (I lived it already, can't imagine once some of you guys host while streaming uh... Stuff. ^_~)

Since Mambo summed it VERY WELL already, perhaps except the sucky part... Since I think it's well done and everything but did you guys ever test this out of your 10k sets ? (Don't BS 4K miracle in a lagless environment like some event I've seen before... 2 teams made it.)

If there's prizes for winning this bois, just use cloaked huntresses and cheese it. Just like we had to cheese last event with broken LTs. We want to win them so bad, that's what we'll resort to each time. Making them ez by breaking them in w/e way possible. So long prizes are given out for winning that is.

As I final word... I'd still use the map if I were you. Watch everybody fail. And do better next time. But please don't make it win-based. It's not fun, and trust me I won't carry a bunch of newer players on this... Hate it.

Sorry for the harsh words, but I wanted to make this as clear as possible. Thanks for all the time you're putting into making DD better.

- Arch.

I have not tried the map but I know it must be so very hard to build maps with such limited resources.

@Arch-Nihil quote:

If there's prizes for winning this bois, just use cloaked huntresses and cheese it. Just like we had to cheese last event with broken LTs. We want to win them so bad, that's what we'll resort to each time. Making them ez by breaking them in w/e way possible. So long prizes are given out for winning that is.

Although I like the idea of players practising the map before the event in order to maximise their, the host's and the other player's experience I am generally not in favour of extra rewards for winning maps as it always seemed a little unfair for less experienced or younger players  [I do love the idea of options on reward items though].

Please no hate from the younger players - I know you can be young and good. 

I can beat most DD maps with my stats. However the greater turkey hunt is still one which has eluded me. I have a 50% success rate on the first wave on insane. If this event is what I think it is (Turkey hunt on sky city?) it's likely to be over real fast.

Hi everybody. We understand your concern, and as I tested the map myself and found it to be really hard, I get what you mean. Altough, you guys wont have to worry about winning the map or carrying people as there is no "winning-only" bonus item this time around. We are aware this map is insanely hardcore and didnt wanted to limit some extra prizes to only elite players. So just take it easy and try to have fun while dying horribly like I did several time on our test run (I litterally wasted half the life myself on our test run). As for the "bug" you guys mentionned about the ability, I'm not 100% aware of this, but I remember I read something about making it so only the host can roll the wheel and player can't. I dont know if this actually affected all other ability as well, or if it was intended. I'll dig in more information about it and come back with more. 

GTH2(Greater Turkey Hunt) one of the most hated challenges in DD, seems way more fun to me compared to this map. So take a guess! :-) And while you are at it, take a try on this map as well! :-)

(*PS: GTH2 is certainly fun[IMO] and fairly easily doable on solo once you know what to do.)

There won't be any more "extra rewards for those who win" type events. Hope is an put some minds at ease at the very least

Well even if there is no extra prize for "winning", but if there is a reward only for winners and not for just participation, it makes it about as bad as being suggested above.
I can never understand the concept behind "more HP more enemies and more dmg" = fun. That's what made NMHC a hated thing in the beginning, but eventually it was balanced out in the most hilarious ways with towers and pets. But yeah, this map = not fun IMO. If you just want people to join the map run it and fail it(which most will), might as well just hand out free event items to everyone. :-)

But if we are keeping the items behind a "win-wall", then we are better off making maps on a level playing field for everyone else as well so even the guy with 50 hours has about as much chance(or close to as much) as say someone with 500 hours or 1000 hours for that matter. Becasue if this event's actual item(s) itself is limited only to winners and participants dont get jack***(please clarify this), then that's not fair to new players and it proves my rant about catering towards high-end players!

As for bugs since you asked and since you mentioned about limiting certain abilities to hosts(why even?), there is one bug where you can't go into overlord mode if you are not the host. So you can't even phase heal anyone, thanks for making it irrationally hard and pushing a monotonous way for clearing this map using Fairies. Again that is something which most people don't have on Ult Quality becasue anything else for this map heals like crap(tried and tested)! So right now -- 2 Huntresses/Rangers + 2 Monks each with a Cat + Fairy respectively & a Monk for Tower Boost is how I see this being done efficiently without tearing your hair apart or breaking your keyboard! :-) (Yay for "hard" challenges... not!)

One more bug is that the "forge" for non-host players keeps disappearing and the others can't see it, or switch to character after a wave, only way to fix that is restart. The forge bug I believe could be related to network issues, mostly lag. Which again is a real thing when playing with the event hosts due to different locations for different players. So that makes it even harder for the players and annoying for hosts! :-)

Another bug I'll list is that that chain right besides the mid crystal that goes up the mini-ship thingy, well, if you aim down your camera you can't go up the chain since there is a weird invisible wall on them. So you have look 90 degrees up while walking the chain if you want to go up, which almost feels like you are walking the plank. Yes there is a fan there, but just saying that the chain has a weird invisible collision on it, and you can fall off it real quick.

Also on the T-Crossroads plank on the West part of the map, (see this -- http://i.imgur.com/M7eOnMA.jpg ) where I'm shooting, there is a really weird Wyvern & Djinn pile up there that barely manages to move, and kills you in an instant (+ 2 Turkey Bosses makes it sure you'll die if they catch you). So if you have anything less than 250k HP and are visible to enemies you are toast. At least on the slightly better side, the Golden enemy buff was reverted, other wise anyone would e toast in that area coz even the big wyverns get golden-e-fied by the Djinns. :-)

The only thing I've liked so far about the combat of this map is the Copter Turkeys & the mini-turkeys. But on a map like this with such fall-off hazard, I have to say it was a poor design choice. Its a fun addition, but its not fun on this map.

@russman quote:

So do you get the reward even if you don't beat the map?  If so I'll definitely give the event a shot.

There is always the participation award.  On a rare occasion there is another reward for those who win.  This event is only based on participation so no reward for winning.

NOTE TO ALL - I HIGHLY recommend using voice chat if you can for this.  I was literally in tears from laughing so hard when we were testing. 

@ddace quote:

NOTE TO ALL - I HIGHLY recommend using voice chat if you can for this.  I was literally in tears from laughing so hard when we were testing. 

My tears were from getting owned 100%

Methinks it was a bit to hard esp with rainmaker nerf!!

Still, thanks (everyone) for taking the time to do this

@Hover Tower 2000 quote:

@ddace quote:

My tears were from getting owned 100%

Methinks it was a bit to hard esp with rainmaker nerf!!

Still, thanks (everyone) for taking the time to do this

I was mostly laughing at Acen the whole time.... I guess when playing it casually with out any care if you win or loose the deaths are a lot funnier 

I'll agree that the deaths(plenty of them) are definitely hilarious as hell! :'D 
My best death on this map would be -- I got webbed while doing a fan jump, got hit by an egg while webbed and fell off the map thanks to a random knockback attack all the while staying webbed! I certainly laughed a lot on that one!
My second best would be -- Got knocked back but the 2 turkeys on the T-Platform, the left one knockback sent me near the right Turkey, then that one knock-backed and sent me near the left one again, which then pecked me to my death! :'D

Maybe I'm just stupid and not seeing the bigger picture with this map, but whatever.

@Black Mamba quote:

I'll agree that the deaths(plenty of them) are definitely hilarious as hell! :'D 
My best death on this map would be -- I got webbed while doing a fan jump, got hit by an egg while webbed and fell off the map thanks to a random knockback attack all the while staying webbed! I certainly laughed a lot on that one!
My second best would be -- Got knocked back but the 2 turkeys on the T-Platform, the left one knockback sent me near the right Turkey, then that one knock-backed and sent me near the left one again, which then pecked me to my death! :'D

Maybe I'm just stupid and not seeing the bigger picture with this map, but whatever.

Guess for this one you have to not care as much about winning and just laugh at yourself and your friends more

My favorite death from testing last night with acen atlas and mischief. We ran out of lives on the last wave and i was the last one left. I was trying to get to the left mega turkey but every time i got to the T section he would do his mega knockback and i would go flying back to the main section. like 3 tries later i hit something in air and fell to my death. We all sat around laughing for a while after that one. 

Thanks to Atlas for the run and the CDT for the map.

I had a lot of fun. Mainly because, although I wanted to beat the map (I did after all do one whole practice run), I did not mind if we lost. I felt bad for a couple of the super sad deaths but I think the team I was in was pretty chilled.

I would probably like to run it again with more planning and a super serious team but for me the event was a success as it was fun.

My worst death was falling off the chain as Fat Barb. Not sure I even got knocked off by anything (sorry guys)

Initially i want to start with big thanks to all CDT.Event was awesome! Map was like a extended version of sky city with extra jumping spots and turkeys.It was not so easy, it was challenging because of time limit and turkey's knock backs.It was terrific and considerably funny, i enjoyed a lot.Thank you beautiful people!

The map definitely isn't easy, but it isn't that hard.  We did lose in the event, but we came very close to carrying 3 randoms despite repeatedly dying horrible laggy deaths :)   Both doom turkeys were close to dead when we ran out of time.  I think it's just difficult with more players because of the crazy HP scaling, which is something like:

1P - 300M
2P -435M
3P - 751M
4P - 1,051M
5P - 1,251M
6P - 1,502M

In my opinion anyone who got frustrated with the map during the event should try it 1P or 2P, which is a lot easier and really pretty fun. 

Anyway, I had fun with the event.  Thanks for the game and see you all around :)

@Plane quote:

The map definitely isn't easy, but it isn't that hard.  We did lose in the event, but we came very close to carrying 3 randoms despite repeatedly dying horrible laggy deaths :)   Both doom turkeys were close to dead when we ran out of time.  I think it's just difficult with more players because of the crazy HP scaling, which is something like:

1P - 300M
2P -435M
3P - 751M
4P - 1,051M
5P - 1,251M
6P - 1,502M

In my opinion anyone who got frustrated with the map during the event should try it 1P or 2P, which is a lot easier and really pretty fun. 

Anyway, I had fun with the event.  Thanks for the game and see you all around :)

I agree, a personalised run with an event host (so 2P) would be ideal

[[49571,users]] -- But then that would require a lot of waiting around I guess.
Maybe if they cap the HP to 3 player or 4 player and reduce the total amount of the wyverns in this map it might be enjoyable, I dunno at least right now apart from the Final Wave I personally didn't enjoy the map on my few practice runs with friends. I'd prefer more mini turkeys and copter turkeys added versus more wyverns and super wyverns.

@ddace quote:

@russman quote:

So do you get the reward even if you don't beat the map?  If so I'll definitely give the event a shot.

There is always the participation award.  On a rare occasion there is another reward for those who win.  This event is only based on participation so no reward for winning.

@Black Mamba quote:

Carnage- -- Just join the group chat on this group -- http://steamcommunity.com/groups/PcCommunityEventsGroup

(Ohh, 2600th post! LOL!)

2100 methinks!!!!