Forest Biome Easy NM4 Solo

Your build is basically what everyone else is doing to this map so...I dislike this video. You're not wrong that this is an easy setup. Learn and build other combo setups because those are the builds the community needs to start seeing rather than the cheesy copy-paste setup everyone can do on nearly every map.

@Random Asian quote:

Your build is basically what everyone else is doing to this map so...I dislike this video. You're not wrong that this is an easy setup. Learn and build other combo setups because those are the builds the community needs to start seeing rather than the cheesy copy-paste setup everyone can do on nearly every map.

#Triggered

KAJCag.gif

@Random Asian quote:

Im sorry to dissapoint you sensei but i dont use that build.

raw

@Malaka quote:

@Random Asian quote:

raw

Me neither. 

I just use  1 PDT 1 snake wall and 1 SA per lane. 

I use 1 Poison Dart Tower, 1 Ballista, 1 Orc Blockade, and 1 4-node Proton Beam; each buffed by 1 2-node Buff Beam in every lane. all of it in more or less a straight line. The Proton Beams get built during the 2nd build phase (right after the 1st wave's combat phase).

Placement Goes:

[1st Buff Beam Node]->[Ballista]->[Poison Dart Tower]->[Orc Blockade]->[1st Proton Beam Node]->[2nd Buff Beam Node]->[2nd, 3rd, & 4th Proton Beam Nodes]

With this set up I can solo Forest Biome, and only need to interact with the defenses to upgrade them. Otherwise it takes care of itself (including killing ogres & specials).

Nothing special, you're also using the bugged PDT. Not interesting at all.

Zimmermann caught my attention when he completed Demon Lair NM4 incursion with support towers only (Frosties and serenity). But this defense is just the trending ones, use something new to try things out, it's easy because you're using a bugged pdt. Here's the proof
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGdUDM-H7lY

If you noticed that once you doesn't use pdt, air and boss is a huge problem through the game.

@Random Asian quote:

Woah buddy who pissed on your cheerios?

This is not supposed to be an epeen brag, and by saying this it now comes across as a humble epeen brag which makes it worse... we are now entering epeen brag denial inception.

Anyway here is the new Terraria map incursion without pdt, and with some fun synergies LAs, Frosties, drench weapon.  You can also see the melee hitbox bug at the start of the boss fight, where my entire 10 second burst of about 10 million damage does a total of 1~million in triple the time. Note to self, don't try to use melee DPS in future.

It took 28 minutes, 3 minutes faster then my first kill. It requires some pin point accuracy building and continues awareness for the spooky bosses which can in one situation shoot one of my cores. Depending on where the last empowered wave comes from changes the location of the boss fight and changes how I have to upgrade my defenses leading into round 5. Its very enjoyable and challenging, but not frustrating.

@Imba.Archon quote:

Zimmermann caught my attention when he completed Demon Lair NM4 incursion with support towers only (Frosties and serenity). But this defense is just the trending ones, use something new to try things out, it's easy because you're using a bugged pdt. Here's the proof

If you noticed that once you doesn't use pdt, air and boss is a huge problem through the game.

PDT is not bugged its OP, proton beam is bugged. Air units are not a problem without PDT, and i'd prefer PDTs only attack ground enemies.

@Malaka quote:

@Imba.Archon quote:

PDT is not bugged its OP, proton beam is bugged. Air units are not a problem without PDT, and i'd prefer PDTs only attack ground enemies.

There are at least three known bugs currently active on PDT's.

• 1 the tooltip doesn't reflect the damage it does
  • 2 PDT is currently chilling and slowing enemies in addition to its normal damage
  • 3 PDT's can sometimes stop firing darts for some reason

It is extremely overpowered also doing double the damage is is suggesting it does, though this is not technically a bug with its damage but rather with its tooltip.  Who knows if the Dev team balanced it based on the tooltip damage (not knowing it was double ticking) or if they intended it to completely obliterate every map as the soul source of damage.

Regardless, people need to accept this is not a tower that should be used if they want to play the game legitimately.

@Malaka quote:

You didn't know the double dmg bug that PDT is dealing? Idk the bugged proton beam because I don't own EV2.

Try to complete a NM4 without having any PDT dude, flying kobalds are your worst nightmare. Reason PDT can hold air well because it deals splash dmg when a unit dies. and which reduce the work that your frosties have to deal with, so making your frosties can kill kobalds faster. If wasn't the LoS abuse, you won't able to win. (I mean it's pretty hard because of the kobalds, not a 100% lose, but still have a 1% chance xD)

Here's the PDT Double Dmg bug report, it still haven't got fixed yet if you noticed....Click here --> PDT DD bug. Even it's before the Terraria update, It still deals Double Damage if you noticed.

@SpartyPearl quote:

You all can leave feed back on here as well! :)

@Pegazul quote:

@Malaka quote:

@Random Asian quote:

raw

Me neither. 

I just use  1 PDT 1 snake wall and 1 SA per lane. 

@Cantriped quote:

I use 1 Poison Dart Tower, 1 Ballista, 1 Orc Blockade, and 1 4-node Proton Beam; each buffed by 1 2-node Buff Beam in every lane. all of it in more or less a straight line. The Proton Beams get built during the 2nd build phase (right after the 1st wave's combat phase).

Placement Goes:

[1st Buff Beam Node]->[Ballista]->[Poison Dart Tower]->[Orc Blockade]->[1st Proton Beam Node]->[2nd Buff Beam Node]->[2nd, 3rd, & 4th Proton Beam Nodes]

With this set up I can solo Forest Biome, and only need to interact with the defenses to upgrade them. Otherwise it takes care of itself (including killing ogres & specials).

@Nefhith quote:

@Random Asian quote:

Woah buddy who pissed on your cheerios?

@Zimmermann quote:

This is not supposed to be an epeen brag, and by saying this it now comes across as a humble epeen brag which makes it worse... we are now entering epeen brag denial inception.

Anyway here is the new Terraria map incursion without pdt, and with some fun synergies LAs, Frosties, drench weapon.  You can also see the melee hitbox bug at the start of the boss fight, where my entire 10 second burst of about 10 million damage does a total of 1~million in triple the time. Note to self, don't try to use melee DPS in future.

It took 28 minutes, 3 minutes faster then my first kill. It requires some pin point accuracy building and continues awareness for the spooky bosses which can in one situation shoot one of my cores. Depending on where the last empowered wave comes from changes the location of the boss fight and changes how I have to upgrade my defenses leading into round 5. Its very enjoyable and challenging, but not frustrating.

@Malaka quote:

@Imba.Archon quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

@Malaka quote:

@Imba.Archon quote:

There are at least three known bugs currently active on PDT's.

• 1 the tooltip doesn't reflect the damage it does
  • 2 PDT is currently chilling and slowing enemies in addition to its normal damage
  • 3 PDT's can sometimes stop firing darts for some reason

It is extremely overpowered also doing double the damage is is suggesting it does, though this is not technically a bug with its damage but rather with its tooltip.  Who knows if the Dev team balanced it based on the tooltip damage (not knowing it was double ticking) or if they intended it to completely obliterate every map as the soul source of damage.

Regardless, people need to accept this is not a tower that should be used if they want to play the game legitimately.

Thanks for all the feedback you all. I understand your alls frustration with the build. This in a since wasn't me trying to give you all a crappy easy build that everyone has seen before. It was my first game on with the new update because I haven't been on for a few weeks and it was my take on the new map, that's it. That's why I put in the description of the video, "easy". Sorry to dissapoint you all with a build you didn't want to see. So of this is also to show that there are other DD2 YouTube channels out there that you all can go watch if you ever need help on something with DD2 or just want to watch! Thanks for all the comments though I really appreciate them all! 

@Imba.Archon quote:

@Malaka quote:

You didn't know the double dmg bug that PDT is dealing? Idk the bugged proton beam because I don't own EV2.

Try to complete a NM4 without having any PDT dude, flying kobalds are your worst nightmare. Reason PDT can hold air well because it deals splash dmg when a unit dies. and which reduce the work that your frosties have to deal with, so making your frosties can kill kobalds faster. If wasn't the LoS abuse, you won't able to win. (I mean it's pretty hard because of the kobalds, not a 100% lose, but still have a 1% chance xD)

Here's the PDT Double Dmg bug report, it still haven't got fixed yet if you noticed....Click here --> PDT DD bug. Even it's before the Terraria update, It still deals Double Damage if you noticed.

"This "issue" is more a display issue than anything else." 

Is it clear now? they told u alredy.

@SpartyPearl quote:
Thanks for all the feedback you all. I understand your alls frustration with the build. This in a since wasn't me trying to give you all a crappy easy build that everyone has seen before. It was my first game on with the new update because I haven't been on for a few weeks and it was my take on the new map, that's it. That's why I put in the description of the video, "easy". Sorry to dissapoint you all with a build you didn't want to see. So of this is also to show that there are other DD2 YouTube channels out there that you all can go watch if you ever need help on something with DD2 or just want to watch! Thanks for all the comments though I really appreciate them all! 

The only mad guy here is the first one. Weve gone off topic, as always XD.

@SpartyPearl quote:

Nice video man, don't let people discourage you from making them if that is what you want to do. The community for this games pretty killer. I member when I used to play this game, there will always be a single build for every map that's most efficient and everyone will use that build unless there trying to achieve something or playing the game for fun. Most people are all out of playing this game for fun (hence why i havnt been back since EV release-ish"

Either way with how easy information spreads, it will always be like that it's not a skill based game.

But yeah don't let your dreams be dreams.

FML i just recorded a NM4 forest biome run with only PDTs. But the video ended up all black. I think the broken PDTs broke the video.

All i did was put 1 PDT per lane and upgrade them to max by wave 2 or 3 and thats it. Full afk no other towers.

If that's not OP broken then i don't know what is. 

@In.Session quote:

@SpartyPearl quote:

Nice video man, don't let people discourage you from making them if that is what you want to do. The community for this games pretty killer. I member when I used to play this game, there will always be a single build for every map that's most efficient and everyone will use that build unless there trying to achieve something or playing the game for fun. Most people are all out of playing this game for fun (hence why i havnt been back since EV release-ish"

Either way with how easy information spreads, it will always be like that it's not a skill based game.

But yeah don't let your dreams be dreams.

@Imba.Archon quote:

@Malaka quote:

Wait, did you just say that NM4 is impossible without PDTs? Because, uh, wat?

@SpartyPearl quote:

Don't be sorry and ignore these hating walnuts. Even if you used a cheese tower, you did a nm4 map, which is really hard for many people. Hating people are people with 95248376 hours in the game and expect trendy to do a Dungeon Defenders 3 in a week because they're bored.

@In.Session quote:

1)don't let people discourage you from making them if that is what you want to do.

2)there will always be a single build for every map that's most efficient and everyone will use that build unless there trying to achieve something or playing the game for fun.

3)it's not a skill based game.

1) We are actually disappointed, if you're showing something "easy" but while everyone is doing it, it's nothing interesting at all. Keep in mind that 95% of the players does the same thing. If you want something more unique than others, I would suggest like a full afk PDT build, no upgrade nor repairs.

2) It is efficient, but something different to show?

3)This really draws my attention, if a game is not skilled base, then it's not fun at all, not challenging, no replay value to the game.

Let me take a game as example, Dota 2. Why it does have a great replay value? Everything you done, all the choice you make will change the whole game, and not a single game is even same, we can try varieties of build to make a new meta of a hero. And it's just only 1 map, the one and only, just the map, but a great replay value.
Meanwhile DD2 only have a little bit replay value, that's getting another stats of the weapon, that's all. We could also try varieties of defense combo too, but almost everything you are going to do is almost the same, choice making doesn't change much. Since it's a PVE game, you should put more effort and love to make the game have a good replay value.

Back to "skilled based game", it's almost everything involve a skill, either you cook, drive, play chess, everything needs skill, even opening a soda can also need some skills. Which some people create life hacks to make something easier, more efficient. But something almost everyone is doing (for example cooking an instant noodles), you will also get bored and disappointed, like, why don't you do a more "unique" way to cook an instant noodles, yes I know some people doesn't know how to do it, but you know.... it's nothing interesting.

Disclaimer :   I am not discouraging nor saying this game is bad. But, can we do something different if you want to show people? This is a great game, but everything is imbalanced, which makes the game worse and people are starting to lose interest to the game. If you see the recent reviews at the store page, you'll see why some people quits DD2. Once again, this is a great but imbalanced game, just see what angle are you playing the game.

@Random Asian quote:

After reading my comment the 2nd/3rd time it does sound more like I'm triggered. :L

I wrote it while sounding laid-back in my head (._.)

I know you. You joined one of my games the other day and rage quit, because i was using PDT.  lol

@Soulstiger quote:

@Imba.Archon quote:

@Malaka quote:

Wait, did you just say that NM4 is impossible without PDTs? Because, uh, wat?

I didn't say it's impossible without PDTs, due to the flying kobalds really rekt your defenses, it's a hard problem dealing with it, but it's not a 100% impossible since you can get some frosties to deal with it, but I would say it's also not always works, cus a swarm of them come then your frosties will even sweat.

@mrwald0 quote:

@Random Asian quote:

After reading my comment the 2nd/3rd time it does sound more like I'm triggered. :L

I wrote it while sounding laid-back in my head (._.)

I know you. You joined one of my games the other day and rage quit, because i was using PDT.  lol

Yea I do that when someone puts test build in title then pdt is about the only thing thats relevant in it. Its less rage and more like not the christmas present I wanted aka disapointment that should have been expected