Sign in to follow this  
xMay

What is the event thats happening in dd2 right now?

What is the event thats happening in dd2 right now? when I finish a map , I see "Events - 5 Medals" so I'm wondering wats the event? o.o

double medals, for thanksgiving.

its not the best event for people just starting out as you gain so little medals anyway, that doubling it is still very little. But once you hit level 50 and start doing NM4 it will really pay off.

Try and complete maps that reward more Medals.

@Zimmermann quote:

its not the best event for people just starting out as you gain so little medals anyway, that doubling it is still very little. But once you hit level 50 and start doing NM4 it will really pay off.

Does this affect dailys?

@OriDragon quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

Does this affect dailys?

No, dailies will be once per day as normal, and no it will not cause you to get twice as many medals from dailies either.

However, if you mean the "weekend double dailies event" then yes, its 2x medals this weekend not that :)

It only really benefits people who farm aggressively sadly. The bonus missions were probably much more universally beneficial, which is why it got switched back again but to double instead of triple, which probably hurts the incentive to spam farm for at least a portion of the people who spammed triple missions to cap every weekend.

This is genuinely not an incentive to play for those of us who don't have a ton of time/day to run that many missions. I usually stop at my daily 5, and on days I keep going, it's usually in Onslaught to optimize my heros at the i700 level (which is where I currently stop on all but my favorites until they improve loot acquisition).

So.... I guess 300 more medals a week vs no bonus at all is still a bonus, but for people who've gotten to experience the other stuff that they've been doing every weekend for a while now, it feels so close to nothing that it has about the same level of motivation lol.

TLDR: Boo, but whatever. I'll live.

I'd be all in for getting monthlies back and them giving 2000 medals, 100k gold and a "consumable" pack as they -sometimes- did. Same for daily missions. They now feel extremely bland. I want medals, gold and something else, as they used to do.

@Nefhith quote:

I'd be all in for getting monthlies back and them giving 2000 medals, 100k gold and a "consumable" pack as they -sometimes- did. Same for daily missions. They now feel extremely bland. I want medals, gold and something else, as they used to do.

You can get 100k+ gold from clearing Dragonfall Bazaar on hard, if you use only hero damage and have 14-15% jackpot gear with the 2 gold spheres.

@Zimmermann quote:

@Nefhith quote:

You can get 100k+ gold from clearing Dragonfall Bazaar on hard, if you use only hero damage and have 14-15% jackpot gear with the 2 gold spheres.

SZAXMD7.jpg

I feel like this 2x medal weekend & lthe last couple weekends prior of 2x dailies were like this:

1 - Trendy stated, in past dev streams that the bonus weekends were to say "thanks guys for helping us test out DD2 & reporting bus, etc."

2 - TE also stated in past dev streams that "bonus weekends will be going away for  the most part once game is fully release" <---not an exact quote.

With these 2 statements, it seems to me that with a new group of players (coming largely from Terraria), Trendy still wants to reward us and the new players, but don't want to give new players as many Defender Medals, past the initial 5K after completing the campaign, as they have not done as much as the "tenured" players. 

Since there is not way to reward players differently (that I am aware of), then all of us get 2x, instead of 3x. Just a way to say "Thanks for all the past help, but we won't reward as much since we have more newer players now and don't want them to be in the same category as more experienced players as far as rewards go."

I hope this made sense. This is how I am viewing the 2x instead of 3x events. This is a positive thing in my opinion.

@SpiderDanX quote:

I feel like this 2x medal weekend & lthe last couple weekends prior of 2x dailies were like this:

1 - Trendy stated, in past dev streams that the bonus weekends were to say "thanks guys for helping us test out DD2 & reporting bus, etc."

2 - TE also stated in past dev streams that "bonus weekends will be going away for  the most part once game is fully release" <---not an exact quote.

With these 2 statements, it seems to me that with a new group of players (coming largely from Terraria), Trendy still wants to reward us and the new players, but don't want to give new players as many Defender Medals, past the initial 5K after completing the campaign, as they have not done as much as the "tenured" players. 

Since there is not way to reward players differently (that I am aware of), then all of us get 2x, instead of 3x. Just a way to say "Thanks for all the past help, but we won't reward as much since we have more newer players now and don't want them to be in the same category as more experienced players as far as rewards go."

I hope this made sense. This is how I am viewing the 2x instead of 3x events. This is a positive thing in my opinion.

My only beef with it is the timing. The game is awaiting a difficulty revamp, but currently way too easy, and farming gear is an absolute chore. Medals were a large incentive to log on and play right now, but even that's going away.

I currently have no real drive to log on and play, as everything is locked behind a trivially easy game with ungodly bad RNG, and now one of the few consistent reward systems is being dragged out drastically vs what we're used to. For the amount of time I am able to put into farming, even buying a medal pet egg is starting to look to be over a month away after exhausting my stock. If they want to keep heroes hard to obtain for free, at the very least they could reduce the price of the pets to balance the pacing.

While I still love the game, I'm starting to not care about actually playing anymore and instead mostly theorycraft, daydream, and participate in forum discussion. Incentives are drying up fast.

@Vagnar quote:

and participate in forum discussion. Incentives are drying up fast.

This is me right now. I stay on the forum 24/7 nowadays, mainly just to see whats up with others. 

@OriDragon quote:

@Vagnar quote:

This is me right now. I stay on the forum 24/7 nowadays, mainly just to see whats up with others. 

+1. I just can't be arsed to fight with RNGesus knowing a huge patch is coming, which is probably going to reroll all of my hard-earned items.

@OriDragon quote:

@Vagnar quote:

I hear ya guys. I don't disagree. Maybe farm night souls in the meantime. Save those up until after revamps. I dunno, just a thought. I just really enjoy being able to DPS with my wallers and builders in Terraria map with the big huge fire shield. Lol

@Zimmermann quote:

Lol, I'm lvl 50, I was just doing a noob map at that time to quickly complete a mission n log off, when I saw my medals getting doubled, so I thought to myself, which event is happening rn? n I forgot it was thanksgiving since I don't celebrate it, so yup. thanks

@xMay quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

Lol, I'm lvl 50, I was just doing a noob map at that time to quickly complete a mission n log off, when I saw my medals getting doubled, so I thought to myself, which event is happening rn? n I forgot it was thanksgiving since I don't celebrate it, so yup. thanks

Thanksgiving (or your countries equivalent) is one of those holidays you celebrate involuntarily just by being alive :( THERE'S NO ESCAPE