Sign in to follow this  
Carnage-

Increase player afk shop limit

Can we get the limit for AFK shops increased from 2 Billion? I'd say it needs to go to at least 15 Bill (approx. cost of a coal) but ideally, 100 Billion (approx. cost of a cube) would be a sane limit.

Edit:

Can it also be made such that if you enable the AFK shop it disables the hide game option (Guess who ran a hidden AFK shop last night...)

This has been suggested multiple times. Haven't heard anything regarding this from the CDT though.
IMO increasing it to anywhere between 50 to 100b is sensible.
15b is still too low for most of us who don't host floor shops(which is a joke these days). Nor do auctions get any traction becasue here people only need "Ult++" stuff, not saying its a bad thing. :-D But trading is pretty much dead for mid-high end items. And people like me are forced to sell stuff which should easily be 10-25b for mere 2b becasue no one is interested in it.
I should be allowed to sell stuff for whatever price I like, it's a free market after all & 2b limit is archaic and crippling.

@Black Mamba quote:

This has been suggested multiple times. Haven't heard anything regarding this from the CDT though.
IMO increasing it to anywhere between 50 to 100b is sensible.
15b is still too low for most of us who don't host floor shops(which is a joke these days). Nor do auctions get any traction becasue here people only need "Ult++" stuff, not saying its a bad thing. :-D But trading is pretty much dead for mid-high end items. And people like me are forced to sell stuff which should easily be 10-25b for mere 2b becasue no one is interested in it.
I should be allowed to sell stuff for whatever price I like, it's a free market after all & 2b limit is archaic and crippling.

Well said Mamba. I totally agree.

In addition, can we make the number of items to sell in AFK shop more? The 250 limit could also be changed to make shops better...... though it is hard enough to keep a shop stocked as it is.... plus mana hackers who buy your shop out.... lol. I think im talking myself out of running my shop :)

Not including a feature because hackers could ruin it is nonsense.

That is a slippery slope leading right down a ravine. A bottomless one.

[[147101,users]] -- As for actual space increases of inventory / shop / floor. That I don't think is possible becasue of how Trendy Servers handle data. I remember reading somewhere wherein Ice(Trendy Staff) mentioned that the current inventory space is the max they can get atm without making things unstable on their servers, or something like that.

[[46188,users]] -- I know right?! That "hackers will hack" argument has been put up literally wherever someone has requested for similar feature changes or additions. Its a senseless argument.

"Let's add a new map"

"BUT THE HACKERS WILL JUST HACK IT"

"Let's add a new achievement."

"BUT THE HACKERS WILL JUST CHEAT TO GET IT"

"Increase mana bank limit to a trillion" (this actually happened)

"THE HACKERS WILL JUST HACK MANA" (This most assuredly also happened)

"Let's nerf and buff some towers and weapons and pets"

"BUT THE HACKERS WILL JUST CHEAT THE STATS ON THE ITEMS"

"Lets add a farming map"

"BUT THE HACKERS WILL JUST FLOOD EVERYONE WITH GEAR"

But if you're so afraid you will get hacked mana (not that anyone can track this or can tell), you could also get duped cubes, hacked coal, duped diamonds, hacked diamonds, hacked ult++ gear and so forth.

The whole cube business only started to begin with because of the low mana bank limit. What is a cube gonna do for you, sit there, look pretty?  It's worth its value in mana but serves no other purpose. In fact, it actually serves no purpose at all other than being a make-believe currency that people think is more secure than mana or coal when hackers can procure 4 coal in something like 5 minutes if they really want to

And if they have the right templates (those are out there), they can clone cubes any number of times 

Whoa, whoa, whoa.... guys, I didnt mean to touch a nerve. I mentioned mana hackers as something that annoys me in my shop. That was literally it. I did not mention anything about changing anything or not doing anything because of hackers.

I will say its suuuuuper annoying to me that i spend a lot of time (really, a lot of time) setting up my shop and setting prices and stuff and then some ass just comes in and buys everything out. I've had to raise all my prices 4-5 times throughout the time running my shop because people would buy literally 100 items out of my shop at a time. The only reason I have Ult weapons for sale is so that hackers have something to buy out that I dont care about. Again, nothing about changing anything, just annoying.

My solution, when I get annoyed about hackers, is to not run my shop, not to complain about it. Simple and easy.

Back to the topic.

@Black Mamba quote:

Dave456 -- As for actual space increases of inventory / shop / floor. That I don't think is possible becasue of how Trendy Servers handle data. I remember reading somewhere wherein Ice(Trendy Staff) mentioned that the current inventory space is the max they can get atm without making things unstable on their servers, or something like that.

Well that is a shame, but good to know. I did think though that there was talk about modifying the Tavern and providing more space on the floor. I def still agree about raising the mana prices in AFK shop.

@Black Mamba quote:

The new Tavern will "visually" be bigger in appearance than the current one, the item limit on floor will be the same.

That is not entirely accurate.  :p

As far as farming maps: I've got an unfinished updated version of Rainbow of Death kind of sitting in my back pocket. It would probably be better for veteran players to grind EXP for new heroes  than for loot, however. But if you guys want it, I could go back and finish it.

@Alhanalem quote:

As far as farming maps: I've got an unfinished updated version of Rainbow of Death kind of sitting in my back pocket. It would probably be better for veteran players to grind EXP for new heroes  than for loot, however. But if you guys want it, I could go back and finish it.

Heck yeah!!!!!

Tiny spoiler the new Tavern map's size will be accompanied by a doubled floor size.  I've thoroughly tested the size increase and its effect on the save file size and it is negligible.