Sign in to follow this  
Nazgren

How do you guys rate the Terraria weapons?

@Zimmermann quote:

@SpiderDanX quote:

Additionally, I like to use crane stance on my Monk so my melee does huge burst dmg. You need 6+ shots to make crane stance useful. So, having North pole adds some extra dmg as well as slowing, before I go into my main melee attack. 

Crane stance doesn't work with any altfire and that includes the north pole, though thats not a problem with the weapon but rather with crane stance itself. If crane stance is proc'ing its either proc'ing from your pet ability or from storm gloves.

I just feel the legendary passive is far inferior to Glaive of the storm (awesome) and the spooky weapon which is slightly better for melee but lacks the extra effects of storm. 

Nevertheless a weapon that you can get with a perfect 750 ipwr and reroll to perfect passives should never be as good as normal weapons you find, otherwise its the only weapon anyone will use. When its sub-par, well then its the first go-to weapon due to the ease of farming it, and then people when they have farmed up the rest of their gear can replace it with a nicely rolled spooky or storm glaive. So just to emphasis, I have no problem and prefer it to be "sub-optimal".

I disagree that they should be inferior. Providing players with options is a good thing.

That said, I like the idea that they'd be strong and straightforward vs specialized weapons. Monk weapon, all by itself, should be at the same level of Glaive/Spooky/etc from a raw dps perspective. What it does lack is interesting synergies and setups that other weapons can take advantage of to create a different way to approach a map. 

It's actually less effort to obtain a Glaive of Storms too (assuming you have progressed enough to win Power Surge), but it's more subject to RNG. Depending on these itemization changes, this might not be an issue anymore, and I could see people complaining about how long it takes to save up souls to buy it as opposed to getting a drop from a single run of mission

[[157895,users]] I agree with you in principle that all weapons should be equally powerful with very different but nevertheless game changing passives, Glaive of storm and Sky Dragon's Fury (pre nerf) as perfect examples.

However given that they were releasing 8-9 weapons at once it was unrealistic to assume they would be game changing and ultimately falling pray to being imbalanced. Therefore if they are to release such easily obtainable perfect rolled weapons, its better they be weaker then other options rather then equal or stronger.

Well, as I said, itemization changes could still make rolling universally easier. Based on all the hints they've dropped, it certainly sounds like that will be the case soon.

And besides, to get my Megashark I have, it still took me more than a week to get the rolls I wanted despite the reduced RNG (and even yet, it's not perfect. My Witch Mark is 18%, but it rolled with Crit dmg/chance and Witch Mark after many hours reloading) I wouldn't say it was any less tedious than having a map that drops a guaranteed item and focus farming it. Gather 80 souls then reroll the merchant until he has what you want is still a chore lol.

@Zimmermann quote:

@SpiderDanX quote:

Additionally, I like to use crane stance on my Monk so my melee does huge burst dmg. You need 6+ shots to make crane stance useful. So, having North pole adds some extra dmg as well as slowing, before I go into my main melee attack. 

Crane stance doesn't work with any altfire and that includes the north pole, though thats not a problem with the weapon but rather with crane stance itself. If crane stance is proc'ing its either proc'ing from your pet ability or from storm gloves.

I just feel the legendary passive is far inferior to Glaive of the storm (awesome) and the spooky weapon which is slightly better for melee but lacks the extra effects of storm. 

Nevertheless a weapon that you can get with a perfect 750 ipwr and reroll to perfect passives should never be as good as normal weapons you find, otherwise its the only weapon anyone will use. When its sub-par, well then its the first go-to weapon due to the ease of farming it, and then people when they have farmed up the rest of their gear can replace it with a nicely rolled spooky or storm glaive. So just to emphasis, I have no problem and prefer it to be "sub-optimal".

Well...as long as it's proc'ing! X-) I have tested attacking with & without using crane stance with North Pole & Crane stance is def. Proc'ing. But, if you say it is doing so  due to storm glove or pet (I'd guess more likely the storm glove) Then I will believe you. 

As for Glaive of the storm, I don't seem to do a significant amount of DPS dmg, but I do really enjoy it for the perma stun feature! :-)

@xXKillahEdgeDumbXx CZ quote:

I AM A GOD!!! I FEEL LIKE A ONE MILLION FERRARRI!!

I'm confused...are you God or are you a human that feels like a one million car? :-P

And does one million car mean you feel like the one millionth Ferrari or you feel like one million Ferraris? Either way, pretty amazing that you know what either of those feel like. I sure don't! :-P Kee hee!

why does the megashark feel weaker than a sweeper cannon thats 100+ iPWR lower? It functions as bad here as in Terraria itself. High rate should not mean lower dps. If someone has a better experience with it pls post its stats. I feel like I'm missing something.

@The Falcon Hunter quote:

why does the megashark feel weaker than a sweeper cannon thats 100+ iPWR lower? It functions as bad here as in Terraria itself. High rate should not mean lower dps. If someone has a better experience with it pls post its stats. I feel like I'm missing something.

Well, you're already wrong, because it's a great weapon in Terraria.

@Soulstiger quote:

Let me rephrase that. High ROF with low DPS is not my style. If you got a roll that allows for high DPS then please share.

@Soulstiger quote:

Let me rephrase that. High ROF with low DPS is not my style. If you got a roll that allows for high DPS then please share.

You seem confused. I didn't say it was a good weapon in Dungeon Defenders. But, it's an amazing weapon in Terraria, with high DPS.

It feels weaker because it is :) 

In my build it does about 100k less DPS than my Sweeper cannon. 

as i mentioned someplace else.. the Megashark only does about 50% more damage then my old Sweeper.. and thats only if it hits another target.. which some of the time it doesnt