Sign in to follow this  
Nazgren

How do you guys rate the Terraria weapons?

What weapons do you think are worth buying and which aren't? If there's multiple versions which do you prefer? Do you think any of them are useless?

I got Shark and celebration as only GW and EV didn't already have a 750.

The others don't seem to offer anything amazing 

JMHO

I'll review the ones I have:

Megashark - Super fun. Damage is high/on par with other guns but may prevent certain sphere setups due to firerate. Love it though.

Terra Blade/Meowmere - I only have the Dryad variants as I never use Squire anyway. Good strong options, and Meowmere is hilarious (especially if you own cats that stare at the tv while you use it)

Bone Glove - I really like it. Adds a bit more flavor to LM melee and is i750, but his next weapon could likely cream it depending on passive.

Celebration - I love it simply because I finally can goof off on DPS EV2. I never liked the Proton Beam and only Proton Beam setup, but her other weapons never quite hit the mark for me. This one does. Good alternative playstyle, which is what I want from weapon variety.

Demon Scythe - I hate this weapon lol. It's noticeably weaker than Scorched Tome, restricted completely to his alt fire, and the scythes are aligned vertically, so it's visually unimpressive too. I really hope this one gets some love.

I'm still working on the rest, but I never use Squire/Monk/Apprentice outside of focused Onslaught farming, so they're super low priority for me.

Not that impressed with the monk weapon North Pole.

The unique passive is just terrible, no damage and a very short range.. that does little to no damage. For me a unique passive is why you get the weapon, it should change your game play to using it as your primary means of attack (eg pre nerfed Sky Dragon's Fury), this weapon does not do that.

It does slow, but slowing is irrelevant when you damage is so pitiful with the ranged attack as its used to "give you time", but all you are doing by firing your ranged attack is putting yourself even further behind due to the awful damage it does.

The fact you cant get a heavy or medium weapon is also bad as heavy is doing more damage then light at the moment it seems.

What is nice is being able to get close or perfect passives with a guaranteed 750 ipwr meaning its a great end game "starter weapon".

Does it do what I expect it should do for a cross over patch? yes 100%, was never expecting the weapons to be godmode, and frankly they shouldn't be.

@Vagnar quote:

Demon Scythe - I hate this weapon lol. It's noticeably weaker than Scorched Tome, restricted completely to his alt fire, and the scythes are aligned vertically, so it's visually unimpressive too. I really hope this one gets some love.

I'm still working on the rest, but I never use Squire/Monk/Apprentice outside of focused Onslaught farming, so they're super low priority for me.

That's really disappointing to hear about the Demon Scythe...

The Lunar Portals have impressive range, but they are single target, won't hit a target being attacked by other portals, and you're limited to 4. These wouldn't be so bad if it also had around a 1/3rd of the damage and attacked at half the speed...

I got the EV Celebration, and recommend it highly. Single target damage is slightly higher than normal EV weapons due to the higher item power, and the area effect explosion does help a lot for normal firing at goblin crowds. Waiting for the proper passives + stats is annoying, but worth it.

Want the Lavamancer and GW and Dryad one, but haven't seen the right passives+stats yet. Have enough for another 2, and will stockpile souls for NM5 versions after I get those 3.

EV2 and GW weapon are the only 2 ones that are the top ones, only because they have no special weapons or any 750s as of now, I suppose could say same for Dryad since she has no 750 as well.

@mindlessdefender quote:

EV2 and GW weapon are the only 2 ones that are the top ones, only because they have no special weapons or any 750s as of now, I suppose could say same for Dryad since she has no 750 as well.

What about Lavamancer? ;) It's his first 750 as well.

@iAndy quote:

Are any of them dropping with builder weapon stats?

Well, they don't drop, you buy them in the Heroes' Marketplace. And I don't believe they can have builder stats.

No builder stats. I'm yet to see elemental damage as well, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible. Feeling unlikely though. 

@Soulstiger quote:

@mindlessdefender quote:

Can't the burning tome be >700?

@Nefhith quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

@mindlessdefender quote:

Yes, but that is for the Abyss Lord. ;)

@Soulstiger quote:

@Nefhith quote:

@Soulstiger quote:

@mindlessdefender quote:

Yes, but that is for the Abyss Lord. ;)

Oh lol. I spent so much time calling him "lavamancer" because of the tome and burning dot spheres I totally derped there.

These are the Terraria weapons I currently own.

3 Stars Tsunami is  an adequate bow. If only it was 4/s   Pretty visual effects when attacking.

5 Stars Lunar Portal Staff is a excellent weapon. Amazing secondary attacks visual effects.

5 Stars Meowmare ( The Dryad) is a adorable and awesome weapon.

2 Stars Terra Blade  ( no comment)

@Zimmermann quote:

The unique passive is just terrible, no damage and a very short range.. that does little to no damage. For me a unique passive is why you get the weapon, it should change your game play to using it as your primary means of attack (eg pre nerfed Sky Dragon's Fury), this weapon does not do that.

It does slow, but slowing is irrelevant when you damage is so pitiful with the ranged attack as its used to "give you time", but all you are doing by firing your ranged attack is putting yourself even further behind due to the awful damage it does.

The fact you cant get a heavy or medium weapon is also bad as heavy is doing more damage then light at the moment it seems.

What is nice is being able to get close or perfect passives with a guaranteed 750 ipwr meaning its a great end game "starter weapon".

Does it do what I expect it should do for a cross over patch? yes 100%, was never expecting the weapons to be godmode, and frankly they shouldn't be.

Me and you see eye to eye haha. :) But really when i saw the SDF nerf i was like well there goes my monk... again. And then i saw the North Pole and was like "AHA I KNEW TRENDY WOULD COME THROUGH!" However i proceeded to acquire the  weapon and was just as disappointing. I mean the things range is horrid, It has absolutely no damage, and the slow is pointless.

@Zimmermann quote:

I will respectfully disagree. Although not "AWESOMESAUCE" it use useful. 

Like you said, it slows enemies. Also, the range does actually go far. Also, when you shoot flyers (or just shoot high into the air), then snowflakes drop & hit ground mobs, too. Those snowflakes do the same amount of dmg as if you were shooting your target straight on. 

Additionally, I like to use crane stance on my Monk so my melee does huge burst dmg. You need 6+ shots to make crane stance useful. So, having North pole adds some extra dmg as well as slowing, before I go into my main melee attack. 

EV2 Celebration is nice to have the fireworks home in on enemies. Also, nice that shots can turn around if a target is missed. Another nice thing about it is that the charge shot knocks back enemies, which tells me it is a variation of a tome canister. I like that knock back effect! :-)

@SpiderDanX quote:

Additionally, I like to use crane stance on my Monk so my melee does huge burst dmg. You need 6+ shots to make crane stance useful. So, having North pole adds some extra dmg as well as slowing, before I go into my main melee attack. 

Crane stance doesn't work with any altfire and that includes the north pole, though thats not a problem with the weapon but rather with crane stance itself. If crane stance is proc'ing its either proc'ing from your pet ability or from storm gloves.

I just feel the legendary passive is far inferior to Glaive of the storm (awesome) and the spooky weapon which is slightly better for melee but lacks the extra effects of storm. 

Nevertheless a weapon that you can get with a perfect 750 ipwr and reroll to perfect passives should never be as good as normal weapons you find, otherwise its the only weapon anyone will use. When its sub-par, well then its the first go-to weapon due to the ease of farming it, and then people when they have farmed up the rest of their gear can replace it with a nicely rolled spooky or storm glaive. So just to emphasis, I have no problem and prefer it to be "sub-optimal".

Rather than having sub-optimal, optimal or mayonaisse weapons, I prefer mine to do cool effects and allow for different builds.

Monk's terraria WAPA is a must, 100% faster secondary attack 2x pierce and drops snow grenades til' it reachs an obstacle. And the 750 ilvl + custom passives makes it an ultimate WAPA.

@Malaka quote:

Monk's terraria WAPA is a must, 100% faster secondary attack 2x pierce and drops snow grenades til' it reachs an obstacle. And the 750 ilvl + custom passives makes it an ultimate WAPA.

Never heard the Term WAPA used for weapon before XD

Its annoying to shoot down air unites with the secondary due to its short range.

it does not shoot faster, though it does pierce, which gives it an edge verses short range fliers verses a standard secondary attack.i

It is consistently parsing worse then both Glaive of the storm and Wailing Glaive with single target burst and sustained LMB attacks. 

Its secondary is by no means a game changer unlike Wailing glaive which gives it the edge on single target burst, and Glaive of the storm which turns the weapon into an insane synergy drench tool to complement monk Lightning Auras.