Sign in to follow this  
Carnage-

City in the Cliffs Build

The forum search here is... bad... links don't work any more and ddplanner has gone away. Does anyone have a screenshot based NM survival build for city in the cliffs?

This is my build for Djinnlet Farming:
South-most Buff Beam is 5 DU, North West Buff Beam is 6 DU & doesn't have a Slow Aura becasue not needed, rest all Buffs are 4 DU. Max out South Aura Stacks first. And don't forget to bring in extras before wave 14 ends.
Stats are 5k dmg 3k HP on all, Buffs are 5k 6k same with Minions. Definitely doable with even lesser stats.

Of course, this can be improved by a whole lot, but I only farm Djinnlets so its okay for that.
Gotten till wave 28 on NMHCMM using this, but I quit after that coz its not worth farming this map for armor.

It's been a long time since I ran that survival & my build was on ddplanner. If you still need help send me an invite and I'll see if I can remember my setup.

I officially hate this map now. Everything I build gets steam rolled at about wave 20. Builders are 3.5k - 4k with ~2k in side stats. (3k minion health)

Which build were you using? The one I posted?
If your minions are getting whacked, I'd suggested respec-ing all points into Minion HP, that will help you a ton in survivals. Often, minion-hp is a ignored stat, but its actually very much needed for high end maps + survivals.
If you are doing this for the Trans Survivalist Achievement, I can possibly help with that.

Apart from that one-time Achievement, and the Djinnlets the map isn't worth farming.

Your build, yes. One of the lightning towers went down and from there, the buff beam and minions on it.

Edit: yes I am doing this for the survival achievement, it shouldn't be hard to get - I'm just surprised my builds keep failing.

For the full survival you can get rid of the LTs. They are quite squishy tbh, I mainly use them to speed things up in the Djinnlet run since at wave 13-15 the mos aren't quite as strong. But yea for the full run I might drop them in favor or a couple of Spike Traps. Although for that map I'm not sure why they would go down easily becasue I use them in other higher maps too. But either way, drop them and replace with ESTs.

That map basically requires building on either side of all the crystals, so its not that hard to do.

@Carnage- quote:

I officially hate this map now. Everything I build gets steam rolled at about wave 20. Builders are 3.5k - 4k with ~2k in side stats. (3k minion health)

Tell me about it -_-

Freakin Rug Beaters 

i tried it at w20 and this is what i came up with http://imgur.com/a/ECaxr

first i had walls everywhere but they went down so fast, i replaced them with traps. you might get rid of the other walls. gear of my builders is capping trans. hope it helps and gl

so i made it to w30 nmhcmm with 1 char. i would do 2 poons at the south now and move the mage a bit away from the crystal because splash almost killed the crystal. everything else worked

Beat it finally. Turns out Mix Mode is /easier/ than normal mode because you don't get mini ogres. Got a couple of nice bits of armour out of it as well. 

Basic layout was aura stacks, gas + proxy/spike at each choke point with a minion wall of various numbers. Finished off with a sprinkling of MM towers and a harpoon near the forge. Mages were still nearly getting wacked though - and that with nearly 4k minion health now.

Building on both sides of each crystal is actually a bad idea, because you spread your defenses thinner than you need to.  You don't need to defend that southwest passage at all.

It helps to build so that your archers take all the damage, so your squishy mages don't get hurt.