Sign in to follow this  
Nefhith

Bags and size.

Hello. I saw the post about the UI revamp saying you guys will increase all bag size to 64 slots. I have quite a few large ones, will I get some refund for those? I mean, if some people with 16-slot bags will have those increased to 64 slots, wouldn't that be unfair if I paid for the large ones? How is this going to work?

All my bags are large too. I don't think that they'll refund anything.

I think they will give us more bags, than the people with smaller bags will get.

We will now at the lastet at November 25th, 3PM EST.

I don't expect a full refund, but maybe a refund of the difference between the large and small bags, depending on how it works.

They will probably still sell bag space.

So you will most likely have more bag space than someone who has not bought any, or bought small ones.

I'm sure they can figure out a way to make it fair for everyone.

Worst case scenario we will be refunded some gems.

We will be doing a smart conversion. players will end up with more slots than they had originally since we will round up to multiples of 64. No player will have less slots than before the conversion. Hope that clarifies for you!

Not really, hahaha

I meant, if I bought 3x32 slots bags, and someone bought 3x16 slots bags, wouldn't that be unfair for everyone to end up with 3x64 slots bags?

@Nefhith quote:

Not really, hahaha

I meant, if I bought 3x32 slots bags, and someone bought 3x16 slots bags, wouldn't that be unfair for everyone to end up with 3x64 slots bags?

Your math is atrocious.

3x32 = 96. 96 rounded up to a multiple of 64 is 128.

3x16 = 48. 48 rounded up to a multiple of 64 is 64.

So how is everyone getting 192 in your example?

@Javahawk quote:

We will be doing a smart conversion. players will end up with more slots than they had originally since we will round up to multiples of 64. No player will have less slots than before the conversion. Hope that clarifies for you!

I love myself a good riddle.  I will ask to clarify for people who spent gems for bags.

Will we just increase my 11 bags of 32(352 inventory space) and transfer it into 11 bags of 64(704)?

or

If i had 11 bags of 16, do they also get 64 bags with 704 slots?

What people are asking is if I spent twice as much gems,  are we getting shafted? Why not just make it 64 slots for every 16.

yep.. need to know this aswell.. i was planning on buying the Baggins Steam pack for more space.. but if people with 16 slot bags are being upgraded to 64's why buy the premium bags ??

@Nefhith quote:

All bags transformed to 64 slot bags.

My math isn't atrocious. Your face is.

He said the number of slots will be rounded up to 64. He did not say all bags will transform into 64 slot bags.

@wallewallewalle quote:

@Javahawk quote:

I love myself a good riddle.  I will ask to clarify for people who spent gems for bags.

Will we just increase my 11 bags of 32(352 inventory space) and transfer it into 11 bags of 64(704)?

or

What people are asking is if I spent twice as much gems,  are we getting shafted? Why not just make it 64 slots for every 16.

What riddle? The answer was pretty clear.

@wallewallewalle quote:

@Javahawk quote:

or

Your 11 32 slot bags will be converted to 6 64 slot bags, giving you effectively 32 more spaces to work with. This is because 384 is the next multiple of 64 above your current total of 352, which is not a multiple of 64.

If you had 11 16 slot bags instead, you would see them converted to 3 64 slot bags, because 192 slots is the next multiple of 64 above the current total of 176, gaining 16 free slots.

If you have 10 32 bag slots, you won't see any change in total slot numbers because you're already at a total slot number that is already a multiple of 64. Your bags will be changed to 5 64 slot bags.

In that last situation though, you could buy a cheapo 16 slot bag prior to the change to get upgraded to the next multiple of 64 for cheap, gaining 64 slots after the change for the cost of 16.

@Nefhith quote:

Hello. I saw the post about the UI revamp saying you guys will increase all bag size to 64 slots. I have quite a few large ones, will I get some refund for those? I mean, if some people with 16-slot bags will have those increased to 64 slots, wouldn't that be unfair if I paid for the large ones? How is this going to work?

I don't see why Trendy should be concerned about such arbitrary ideas of fairness in a game with no player competition whatsoever, be it competitive PvP (there's no PvP!), competitive vying for limited membership slots in a guild (there are no guilds), competitive vying for slots in parties (not like anyone can inspect you and then kick you because you have smaller bags. There's no inspecting!), or competitive economic advantage in the in-game economy (there's no player-to-player trading!)

Basically, since other players now having more bag slots doesn't hurt you in any conceivable way whatsoever because there's no competitive aspect of this game in any conceivable way whatsoever, there's no real such thing as "unfair" because fairness, at least where it actually COUNTS towards the health of a game, only applies to competing with others.  Thus Trendy isn't really obligated to own anyone anything.  At least if all these "Now defaulted to 64 slots" bags from here on cost the same as the old 64 slot bags (and even if not, most MMORPG companies only give a one week grace period at best when it comes to price changes)

@Ambiguous quote:

Your 11 32 slot bags will be converted to 6 64 slot bags, giving you effectively 32 more spaces to work with. This is because 384 is the next multiple of 64 above your current total of 352, which is not a multiple of 64.

If you had 11 16 slot bags instead, you would see them converted to 3 64 slot bags, because 192 slots is the next multiple of 64 above the current total of 176, gaining 16 free slots.

If you have 10 32 bag slots, you won't see any change in total slot numbers because you're already at a total slot number that is already a multiple of 64. Your bags will be changed to 5 64 slot bags.

In that last situation though, you could buy a cheapo 16 slot bag prior to the change to get upgraded to the next multiple of 64 for cheap, gaining 64 slots after the change for the cost of 16.

So... if I have 16 premium bags(512 slots) I'll gain no free slots, while people with 10 premium and 1 small(336 slots) will get free 48 slots because the next 64 multiplier is 384? Boy, that is harsh, I can see people getting mad at it.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

3x32 = 96. 96 rounded up to a multiple of 64 is 128.

3x16 = 48. 48 rounded up to a multiple of 64 is 64.

So how is everyone getting 192 in your example?

Well you know not everyone find it easy to think logically, i guess the thread just keeps ignoring this and keeps asking for answers.

Sorry for you

@Tiamata quote:

I don't see why Trendy should be concerned about such arbitrary ideas of fairness in a game with no player competition whatsoever, be it competitive PvP (there's no PvP!), competitive vying for limited membership slots in a guild (there are no guilds), competitive vying for slots in parties (not like anyone can inspect you and then kick you because you have smaller bags. There's no inspecting!), or competitive economic advantage in the in-game economy (there's no player-to-player trading!)

Basically, since other players now having more bag slots doesn't hurt you in any conceivable way whatsoever because there's no competitive aspect of this game in any conceivable way whatsoever, there's no real such thing as "unfair" because fairness, at least where it actually COUNTS towards the health of a game, only applies to competing with others.  Thus Trendy isn't really obligated to own anyone anything.  At least if all these "Now defaulted to 64 slots" bags from here on cost the same as the old 64 slot bags (and even if not, most MMORPG companies only give a one week grace period at best when it comes to price changes)

Totally agree, and yet majority rules. There tends to be significant outcry about fairness for these kinds of things, so it tends to be in the best interest of the community to make changes as "fair" as possible within reason. There is always a minority (myself included) of people who mention this disconnect as the game is pretty much a single player game. There is no trading, so your experience is pretty independent even if you happen to play with friends. 

That being said, when it comes to a feature that player's pay for there is far more attention paid to how changes in that area are handled. I spent quite a few gems on my bags, I expect the privilege that I paid for to be respected within future systems. 

@Captain Alejo quote:
@Tiamata quote:

not like anyone can inspect you and then kick you because you have smaller bags.

I spent quite a few gems on my bags, I expect the privilege that I paid for to be respected within future systems. 

This. It's not about unfairness towards other players, it's about other players getting more benefit by spending less money.

@Nefhith quote:

@Captain Alejo quote:
@Tiamata quote:

not like anyone can inspect you and then kick you because you have smaller bags.

I spent quite a few gems on my bags, I expect the privilege that I paid for to be respected within future systems. 

This. It's not about unfairness towards other players, it's about other players getting more benefit by spending less money.

Well, like I said, most F2P games I've seen give a week grace period for purchases if that much and see that as fair.  If you brought your bags for over a week before the change was announced (though for some companies, the announcement IS the end of the grace period in the first place), then it's "too bad for you".

That said, they usually do that only when it comes to them lowering the price of an item.  In this case, it's actually "increasing the value of the price some others paid", which is an even murkier area.  And honestly kind of a logistical nightmare to reimburse anyone for because it's far more complex when it comes to tracking down who to reimburse than "lowering the price of an item" even if they do decide it's "unfair".

Before I clarify, I want to say that this type of name calling and language used by certain posters on this thread (you know who you are) is unnecessary and uncalled for. On a personal level, this is the type of behavior I expect from children, and it doesn't help the community. In order for us to be a thriving community, we should support each other with healthy speculation and encouraging discourse. 

So please, going forward, if you disagree with someone, tell them _why_ you disagree with them! Don't tell them that they are wrong and call them a name. Let's try to pretend that we like each other, especially as more and more new players start to jump onto the message boards!

SO

To clarify, the design right now has all bag space converting to bags of size 64 slots when this rolls out. This means inventory space will end up in multiples of 64 only. Players who don't have bag space with a multiple of 64 will be rounded up to the nearest multiple of 64. We thought this was the fairest solution. 

@Javahawk quote:

To clarify, the design right now has all bags converting to size 64 slots when this rolls out. This means inventory space will end up in multiples of 64 only. Players who don't have bag space with a multiple of 64 will be rounded up to the nearest multiple of 64. We thought this was the fairest solution. 

So, if I now buy a bunch of 16 slot bags, they'll be converted to 64 slot bags?

@Nefhith quote:

@Javahawk quote:

To clarify, the design right now has all bags converting to size 64 slots when this rolls out. This means inventory space will end up in multiples of 64 only. Players who don't have bag space with a multiple of 64 will be rounded up to the nearest multiple of 64. We thought this was the fairest solution. 

So, if I now buy a bunch of 16 slot bags, they'll be converted to 64 slot bags?

No, we will add up total inventory space and split you up a new set of bags in multiples of 64.