Sign in to follow this  
wdaled

Question about drops and ideal farming wave(s)

So someone told me about how drop's can be "too good" and rollover back to crappy items, which is the basic understanding I have about it, but my question is:

What waves have the best shot for farming an ult++ bloodshot?

So far I have done 5-6 times anywhere from 15-18 until wave 35 and have seen around 6 ultimate items - is it just a matter of time, or is there a set wave I should start at? End at? Also does the way drops rollover apply to other maps or mainly just mirrago since it has 35 waves instead of 30?

That turned out to be more than one question, but any clarity would be appreciated.

So yes there is a sweet spot for each map. However each map is different. Each map will have a wave where a theoretical max spawn drop is possible. For most end game maps this happens around wave 22-23 with mm enabled. I typically do not farm a lot of raggo anymore but I would say that with mm on waves 24-28 are probably the sweet points. 

I think the sweet spot thing is a pretty major design flaw in DunDef (if you look at it as an item collection game, anyway).

By the way, I got my 423^ bloodshot (my best so far) on wave 33. 

Cool, thanks - so does it just cap out at wave 22-23 and you have 12-13 waves of potentially the highest quality items? Or does it lap around by having too much quality?

@Plane quote:

I think the sweet spot thing is a pretty major design flaw in DunDef (if you look at it as an item collection game, anyway).

I agree, I find it hard to imagine that this was done on purpose though. Any thoughts on fixing this, cdt?

@wdaled quote:

Cool, thanks - so does it just cap out at wave 22-23 and you have 12-13 waves of potentially the highest quality items? Or does it lap around by having too much quality?

I think it must be the latter.  If you run WW NMHCMM, you'll usually get your best items in the 20s and not much at all in the 30s.  (You can still get good items toward the end, but I think it's less likely?)

After wave 25( or 27 for w35+ maps) everything is garbage, becasue of roll-over.
BUT if you find something after wave those waves, chances are it'll be pretty good.
Usually you'll never find anything good after 25 though. Which sucks and should be fixed IMO.

Well, the quest for Ult++ didn't go as intended but I did find something hilarious.. a cursed bloodshot staff lol

Today I farmed a u++ bloodshot that didnt spawn with elemental damage :C

The rollover should really be fixed so sup and higher gear is more common. In one run of moraggo survival wave 24-35, I see about 15 items supreme or higher. Items in total, not specifically bloodshots. The u++ bloodshot that didnt spawn with elemental is the highest quality bloodshot I have farmed but that happening screwed me over.

@Ultii quote:

26k is nothing... Transcendents can reach up to 35-40k

26k is amazing for a lvl 0 character though.

@Ultii quote:

The rollover should really be fixed so sup and higher gear is more common. 

I'm pretty sure Sup and higher quality gear is more common now(compared to v7.5 which I played before quitting). The problem is that right now the RNG is Godawful, again compared to v7.5(or whatever was the patch version after Tinkerer's was released).

So right now mostly you'll find Sup and higher gear being worse than some absolute high quality Trans gear. I'm speaking about armors and in specific from Survival. But I'm pretty sure this applies to weapons as well. People that have played survivals extensively from back in the day can verify my claims. In fact I've been in touch with a few and all agreed that the current RNG is absolutely horrible.

I think people probably asked for more "Sup and Higher" gear, but didn't realize that the quality has literally tanked. I'd take one or 2 sup armor per run but with good quality over 3-4 sups per run with absolute garbage quality. I've had so many Ults and Sups that are barely comparable to high end Trans pieces(300^ +).

If you are a weapon collector / farmer, one thing that can be done is that Shards maps could use a slightly higher drop rate of their specific weapons for each map. For example,
Right now if you run Mistymire(for whatever reason), chances are that even on NMHC Mix Mode you might not find a single Misty specific weapon in an entire run, forget about getting them in Sup or higher! While this hasn't happened with me so far, but the lowest I've had is just 3 Misty specific weps from 17 to 30 in one run, and both were before wave 22. So there is a high chance you can run dry in there.
Although this is an issue only with Mistymire, which sucks becasue for item collectors like me its an absolute pain in the butt to finish the collection.

see this thread: https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/141362/item-upgrade-levels-rollover-problem

As an experiment, I did a KG NMHCMM run yesterday from wave 14 to 30, with two active players. 

After the first couple of waves of upgrading with DPS chars, we switched to summoners. Trans started dropping at a rate of 2-3 per wave, by the mid 20's It was up to 10 or more per wave. The sweet spot seemed to be wave 24 which dropped 18 Trans and 1 Ult+ after this, the numbers started to dwindle again by the last 2-3 waves it was down to 5-6 Trans per wave. The Ult+ was the only item above Trans quality for the entire run. This from an investment of 4 or so hours of time.

As a further point of proof past wave 25 - there were plenty (1-3 per wave that I noticed) of mythical items lying around with 300+ on most stats and 20-80 levels - without the level rollover these would have undoubtedly been supreme or better - this would equate to about 5 - 15 supreme or better per run, maybe a few too many however several of these were badly formed eg 300+ hero stats but missing a resist - I'd estimate about 3-5 would actually be usable. 

FYI: I posted a reply on the referenced post by "Carnage-" https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/141362/item-upgrade-levels-rollover-problem

https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/141362/?scrollTo=1252817&page=1#1252817

Its a long one, but I did spend a decent amount of time writing it, reading it will be much quicker.

Carnage-, I apologize in advance that I most likely obliterated your thread with my long response and Wdaled its possible that this thread will die as well :(