Sign in to follow this  
Shadow 1924

Are the Dryad's Hornets, Slimes and Harpies worth using?

PDT is still the dominant tower in the game, and I tried using the Slimes, Harpies and Hornets but they're just too weak. Are the worth using at this stage?

Until they explain why the crit dmg doesn't scale with upgrades, not really. Multiple hornet nests don't attack the same target as well so that's dumb. She has a LOT of potential but they really made her defenses pretty bleh. She scales well with crit dmg but I wish that multiple hornets can attack the same target :L I wanted to see an ogre covered with hornets, FeelsBadMan.

I like Harpies a lot. They're like more general purpose Sand Vipers.

Slimes hit really really hard, and Hornets are good for single target. Nimbus is nuts.

So, yeah, they're worth using. I'm doing maps usong only her and Serenty Auras right now and not struggling at all. 

Best towers? No, the ones you listed won't be new meta, but her full kit has everything you need just about. Slap a few support in and she can carry the layout.

I use Harpy, Hornets and Nimbus all the time. They are great because they seem to do more DPS than a PDT but they hit very few targets, so they are really good for beating down Elites and Ogres. Hornets and Harpies are very easy to fit in a build, considering they are 30 and 40 DU, respectively, and neither require upkeep (Hornets can't be destroyed and Harpies have very long range)!

I can't find a place to put Slimes, considering the passives for Slimes conflict with what stats you want for them (They scale really well with TDamage and THealth, not so much with TCrit... which is what they are pushing). I'd love to see a change to the slime passive to make them a bit more viable to use (without repairing every few waves, they seem to deplete HP faster than an overextended Boost Aura!).