Sign in to follow this  
Nigiri_Toro

Why does Dryad gear have so many passives?

We had this problem with the original 4 characters and it was addressed and it seems like every new character is worse then the last with the number of variables that can RNG on their gear.

Looking at the small sample size of gear I have so far I have seen the following for a defense gear:

Slime damage increased by X%

Slime critical damage increased by X%

Harpy damage increased by X%

Harpy critical damage increased by X%

Angry Nimbus rain damage increased by X%

Angry Nimbus critical damage increased by X%

Moss Hornets critical damage increased by X%

Moss Hornet damage increased by X%

(Totem only?) World Trees health increased by 12%

So We have a damage increase and a crit increase for each of the 4 types of towers and a world tree health piece. So to build a optimal build for each tower you would need 5 dryads just for building. I havent actually seen dcrit roll on dryad gear but lets assume its actually in game and its just horrible rng for each building you would need:

(tower) Dryad

Dpwr/DCrit - (tower) Dmg/(tower) Crit dmg/ dcrit 5%

Where (tower) is slime, nimbus, harpy or hornet.

And you would want a seperate Dryad for Tree since you wouldnt want to use a dhealth totem on a defense builder

Tree Dryad 

Dhealth/Dpower - Worth tree health totem.

So 5 Dryads plus maybe you want a DPS as well so 6 total. The RNG farming for the correct passive combos is insane.

It is annoying to farm so many passives. All heroes's passives should be +X% more tower damage/critical, instead of an individual one for each tower.

@Nefhith quote:

It is annoying to farm so many passives. All heroes's passives should be +X% more tower damage/critical, instead of an individual one for each tower.

omg this, this, a THOUSAND times this! combine the dps tower buff passives to all dps towers, not just 3 diff buffs per 1 tower x.x

god it would help so much

@Jojozityjo quote:

@Nefhith quote:

omg this, this, a THOUSAND times this! combine the dps tower buff passives to all dps towers, not just 3 diff buffs per 1 tower x.x

I agree with this alot, there is no need for these passives to be seperated. And there is no need to build 1 dryad for 1 tower to optimize it. Kinda overkill if you ask me.

Hybrids dont work and the gear for the Dryad supports only 1 tower per Dryad if you want to have both tower stats on one piece of gear. It seems like a major flaw in their design especially considering their remarks on raising the 64 character limit

I think Trendy should simplify passive. For example, The Dryad can have a one passive that increase the damage and critical damage for x amount. All of her passive relate to increase x amount of damage and critical damage. Except for her passive for the relic.  It better if Trendy consolidate her passives as one particular passive that would apply to all of her towers. 

Yeah I agree with the to many passives .  They should allow x modifier to convert with highest base stats to towers Aka ultimate sphere slot for all classes not op but something to hybrid s bit,  so you don't have 5 of one class just to do things the demo dryad is a great example of what does well , would be nice if we could see some trendy dev builds of classes or demo dryad and heros for example . 

The Dryad is such a weird character, and not in a good way.

Unless you're building her for DPS (Which is questionable, since other than some shrooms she really has no good DPS skills) she's pretty much useless to an extent, you pretty much NEED to build 2 of the same character.

If you decide to build one with just tower DPS|Crit then the Tree wall will have no HP and will crumble in an instant, making it so you have to waste 30DU on the tree then at least another 30DU on another different barricade.

Yet:

If you decide to go Tower HP, you're towers are pretty much useless for DPS, in that case why bother using her at all? Everything but the tree will be useless, and the tree itself (On a pure tower HP build) will just act like another wall with HP regen and a slight hero boost.

It's such a weird design choice, the fact that you can't build her as a solid standalone character is just off putting & questionable..

Agree it makes me worried about this upcoming itemization change when trendy goes in a completely bad direction with its most recent hero. 

I think nobody likes the +3% dmg passives on any hero.

I want them to just go into detail about their changes lol.

People will complain either way, but others will try to work with what's presented be it good or bad. I'd like to know what's coming though.

Hers admittedly feel a bit excessive lol. DPS side is equally rough with the form limitations on the passives.

@Jojozityjo quote:

@Nefhith quote:

whut? I thought you liked hybrids? Make yourself a slime/harpy hybrid and enjoy how "unique" you are.

I don't think it's really a good model to divide so much potential in charecter. Crit for one thing then well tree can't do this now,.. newer chars should have individual skill point treess tailored to their kits vs original four.  If I had to say it sadly only class got a clean slate was gun witch simple yet effective. Not saying complex isn't bad but newer characters could benefit talent trees to their builds vs same layout to all. Sas wise. 

This was a good idea when our builders were limited by the hero deck and we had lane resistances. You weren't meant to max out every defense. You were meant to choose a specialization or be more generalized in your build. You had to make a choice: Do I max out one of my towers to wreck a certain lane, or do I try to improve 2 or 3 of my towers for my diversity? But now that there's no limit on what heroes you can build with, there's no reason to not make heroes that specialize in 1 thing. There is no choice to make any more unless you just refuse to buy hero slots and level up new heroes.

In all other games people seem to be fine with choosing a specific role and filling it, being a tank that can absorb hits but not deal a lot of damage, or fragile glass cannon, or provide utility and support for other players, but in DD2 for some reason these hyper entitled players want to be the best at everything. Give me max passives for every ability. Give me max passives for every defense. Give me max stats for every defense. I want it all.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

This was a good idea when our builders were limited by the hero deck and we had lane resistances. You weren't meant to max out every defense. You were meant to choose a specialization or be more generalized in your build. You had to make a choice: Do I max out one of my towers to wreck a certain lane, or do I try to improve 2 or 3 of my towers for my diversity? But now that there's no limit on what heroes you can build with, there's no reason to not make heroes that specialize in 1 thing. There is no choice to make any more unless you just refuse to buy hero slots and level up new heroes.

In all other games people seem to be fine with choosing a specific role and filling it, being a tank that can absorb hits but not deal a lot of damage, or fragile glass cannon, or provide utility and support for other players, but in DD2 for some reason these hyper entitled players want to be the best at everything. Give me max passives for every ability. Give me max passives for every defense. Give me max stats for every defense. I want it all.

In games where you are (all but) forced into a single role, most/all of your character's (equipped) abilities are (equally) useful. Rarely do you completely abandon an ability (that you have equipped).

DD2, on the other hand, gives us characters each with their own set of 8 towers/abilities (that cannot be changed), but then turns around and only lets a single character use one, maybe two, of them effectively.

In the context of this game, allowing specialization is fine. But forcing it, forcing a character to (for all intents and purposes) abandon the majority of their towers/abilities, just makes the game, IMO, less fun.

EDIT: I just thought I'd add that uniqueness and creativity could still be allowed for by changing build passives to "side-grades" (like uber spheres were intended to be; and it is my opinion that build passives should be on spheres, any way). This would let people customize a tower or two (or however many the updated itemization and sphere systems allow) as needed while still being able to use the other towers as they are.

We're not asking that we be handed everything on a silver platter. We're simply requesting that they not force us to completely abandon towers as all that does is force those that want to get around that limitation to create, level, and gear the same character again and again.

Yes, some grinding is okay, but games are supposed to be fun. Grinding for the sake of grinding is not fun. That's one of the reasons they're looking to revamp items, the inventory, and end game in the first place: to give us a reason to play that is not simply to acquire ever-so-slightly better gear. That will always be part of it, but it should not be the main reason for playing.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@Jojozityjo quote:

@Nefhith quote:

whut? I thought you liked hybrids? Make yourself a slime/harpy hybrid and enjoy how "unique" you are.

that is in the favor of hybrids, and everyone really, i mean, think of it. Dryad for example, combine the +x% dmg to slime, harpy, hornet, and cloud into just 1 passive that says "+X% Dmg to all Dryads Attack Towers".

come on .. come oooooon .. you cant tell me that EVERYONE would enjoy that, hybrid and pures alike ,as well as the significantly less RNG it would cause, and we all know, DD2 desperately needs a better/less RnG.

so it's agreed, combining all those stats into one stat to save on rng aand possibly 4 extra chars that can be combined into 1 to save time and gear grind lol

I feel ok with 6 heroes (1 for each defence + at least 1 dps)
Cause regular players shouldn't own every defence of every hero.
You should choise from it -> here's realy many ways to build maps.
Haven't Three? Use other blocks or buffs e.t.c.
You can do everythin' even with start 4 heroes.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

This was a good idea when our builders were limited by the hero deck and we had lane resistances. You weren't meant to max out every defense.

Never felt so cause even at this times i was need 4 builders + 1 dps hero if I don't want to be useless during battle.But...max was 4.So I always was just a builder.

@Jojozityjo quote:

so it's agreed, combining all those stats into one stat to save on rng aand possibly 4 extra chars that can be combined into 1 to save time and gear grind lol

Uhhh.... Yeah... of course combing multiple passives into 1 passive will make it easier to get everything. That doesn't make it a good idea though. Just because people want to have everything doesn't mean they should have everything.

Games are much more interesting when the player has to make a decision about how to build, where to put their strengths, and where to put their weaknesses. Making everyone OP all the time does not make for fun or interesting gameplay.