Sign in to follow this  
Nigiri_Toro

Gold Ingot question

Has anyone found the trigger for getting this to spawn consistantly?

For us so far:

It seems like every time someone dies it doesnt spawn.

It has spawned when we all just afk at the campfire.

where does it spawn?

it flashed up a couple of times, i ran round the map found some chest couldnt find it, gave up and left.

It always spawned after combat had ended after round 5 for me.

Where ever you see the glowing "gold" on the roofs of the caves, is a spawn point for it, typically always on the walls or ceiling inside caverns.

I have never seen the "warning" for the gold ingot. Can it spawn without a warning and I not know about it? I have looked during waves, after waves and a lot of running around after wave 5 and still nothing. Maybe the gold ingot doesn't like me :(

Is it basically like Maldonis where I have to run around each wave and search for a small gold bar instead of a chest?

@Meowies quote:

I have never seen the "warning" for the gold ingot. Can it spawn without a warning and I not know about it? I have looked during waves, after waves and a lot of running around after wave 5 and still nothing. Maybe the gold ingot doesn't like me :(

Is it basically like Maldonis where I have to run around each wave and search for a small gold bar instead of a chest?

No, after you kill EoC (the boss) it will say across the center of the screen, "a gold ingot has spawned" or something along those lines.

After lots of testing, not sure if it is random or a bug, that the ingot is not there every time. However, The Gold Ingot does not appear to spawn if you do not get the warning of "a gold ingot has spawned" Every time that splash does come up, the ingot has been on the ceiling in the cavern passes where the gold mark is.

Can Trendy check it out and see if it is indeed a bug or intended, that the ingot appears to show up randomly?

edited for clarity

It seems to me like it's the speed of your run on the map.  I ran the normal version of Forest Biome yesterday a few times and consistently got gold ingots to spawn at the end of the map. 4 out of 4 runs I got gold ingots to spawn.

I'll need to do more runs to test this, but pretty sure it's about speed. For the normal defense map, the gold ingot spawns after the victory chest appears. It'll display a message saying "A Gold Ingot Has Spawned!" and there are a few different spawn points throughout the map.

The gold chest are, according to Terraria, supposed to be opened with golden keys dropped by dungeon slimes or rarely from destroyables in the dungeon.

Having a drop chance is a boring way to trigger the small secret there but acceptable.

@Zaknafein quote:

It seems to me like it's the speed of your run on the map.  I ran the normal version of Forest Biome yesterday a few times and consistently got gold ingots to spawn at the end of the map. 4 out of 4 runs I got gold ingots to spawn.

I'll need to do more runs to test this, but pretty sure it's about speed. For the normal defense map, the gold ingot spawns after the victory chest appears. It'll display a message saying "A Gold Ingot Has Spawned!" and there are a few different spawn points throughout the map.

By normal version, do you mean a NM4 defense instead of Incursion?

I tried that and still no ingots...grrrr. But I guess this tells me that it is possible to get it from the defense mode and it isn't restricted to Incursion mode only :\

@Meowies quote:

@Zaknafein quote:

By normal version, do you mean a NM4 defense instead of Incursion?

I tried that and still no ingots...grrrr. But I guess this tells me that it is possible to get it from the defense mode and it isn't restricted to Incursion mode only :\

Yeah, that's what I meant.

How fast were you clearing the map? I was pressing G as soon as a wave ended and upgraded towers during the waves. Also, how quickly are you able to build for the map? Maybe the "timer" starts as soon as you load into the map?

@Zaknafein quote:

How fast were you clearing the map? I was pressing G as soon as a wave ended and upgraded towers during the waves. Also, how quickly are you able to build for the map? Maybe the "timer" starts as soon as you load into the map?

A few times we were clearing it pretty quickly, especially before we knew about the imbuing and crafting or the ingot. Other times we took our time looking around and messing about with the stations. So it is varied on time between waves and for set up.

So is there a time limit that you have to complete the map for the ingot to spawn? An unofficial Bastille Incursion kind of deal, just without the timer on the screen? Seems pretty odd, but with Trendy...who knows?

Turns out you can get the gold ingot during the Defense mode also, so it isn't exclusive to the Incursion mode like I assumed. Finally got my first ingot! YAY!! :p

Not sure if the fact that we G'ed up fast between waves and upgrade during the wave helped. Hopefully Trendy can confirm whether this is a time based issue or not.

@Juicebags quote:

After lots of testing, not sure if it is random or a bug. However, The Gold Ingot does not appear to spawn if you do not get the warning of "a gold ingot has spawned" Every time that splash does come up, the ingot has been on the ceiling in the cavern passes where the gold mark is.

Can Trendy check it out and see if it is indeed a bug or intended?

I'm confused as to what you believe is a bug. 

Would be a bug if it spawned without a warning.

And why would it be a bug that the ore spawns on the specifically marked places?

For me, it has only appeared when I go to the gold chest sometime before wave 5. When I don't go there it does not spawn. But, that could just be RnG playing tricks on me. :-p

@Soulstiger quote:

@Juicebags quote:

After lots of testing, not sure if it is random or a bug. However, The Gold Ingot does not appear to spawn if you do not get the warning of "a gold ingot has spawned" Every time that splash does come up, the ingot has been on the ceiling in the cavern passes where the gold mark is.

Can Trendy check it out and see if it is indeed a bug or intended?

I'm confused as to what you believe is a bug. 

Would be a bug if it spawned without a warning.

And why would it be a bug that the ore spawns on the specifically marked places?

A bug that it isn't there every time. (Originally that was the OP's question) Currently other than the "fun factor" there is no reason to do the Incursion at all. It takes a minute or 2 longer and gives no reward. imo At a minimum the chest should be there 100% of the time if doing the incursion.

@Juicebags quote:

A bug that it isn't there every time. (Originally that was the OP's question) Currently other than the "fun factor" there is no reason to do the Incursion at all. It takes a minute or 2 longer and gives no reward. imo At a minimum the chest should be there 100% of the time if doing the incursion.

I timed them both, and defense was like 30 seconds faster.  Since boss dies in incursion in like 2 sec that makes up for the time sink.  Either way its more easy to afk in defense then to have to fight a boss.
Did another test, and Incursion is faster by 1.3min.