Sign in to follow this  
Chillix

Restricted Armor

Hmmm it's a strange decision to push this out when it doesn't make much sense to have such a change right now. I hope you guys know what you are doing, because you have just made target farming a whole lot worse and now have added yet another element of RNG to the mix.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Hmmm it's a strange decision to push this out when it doesn't make much sense to have such a change right now. I hope you guys know what you are doing, because you have just made target farming a whole lot worse and now have added yet another element of RNG to the mix.

Yep and I have a horrible feeling all gear obtained and equipped already that is not for the correct class will at some point be removed/stop working and we will be left with half equipped heroes.

Man! QQQQQQ

reporting a bug and being confused about it is one thing. But this thread is mainly complaining. There is expressing concern, but this is just plain QQQQ. 

Trendy gave a quick response (which is always appreciated) and then just backlash. In essence, they said "this is merely temporarily, won't last long. Hang tight. It will all make sense once we release the next loot changes."

The fact they have made it this far shows they know what they are doing.

[[52650,users]] - you say "things like this make me not want to play for awhile." What things do you refer to? Cuz at least 2 things have been discussed. The bug and then tying loot to heroes. Then there is the loot being locked from other heroes.

@Charr Legion quote:

Why was Restricted Armor pushed to release? I understood it being in the test servers but it should NEVER be released to the public. The promise that "It'll make sense later" is absolutely pointless when for the next 2, 4, 6, 8 or god knows how many weeks will be utter garbage. The item system is already terrible - this is just making it 50 shades of worse.

Exactly this, E-X-A-C-T-L-Y T-H-I-S. Why would you push to live this Restricted Armor update if it will take you a good amount of time to push the Inventory/Item/Loot Rework update too? And right when you bring the Terraria update lul, this will sure make some players stop playing.

@Mybrainisanut quote:
@Zimmermann quote:

Dani can you confirm what will happen to items with the wrong classes passives already equipped? Because if you plan on trashing them, I would need to know so i can farm them rather then just being screwed over on the inventory patch.

1e83p2.jpg

WIPE! WIPE! WIPE! WIPE! WIPE! WIPE! WIPE! WIPE! WIPE!

stephen_colbert_holding_Pitchfork_image_

Wipeageddon 2.0: wipes more than 3x layered toilet paper!

This is a terrible idea. 

Loot 2.0 is not here so why push this?

How about you fix things like the Huntress PDT "health bonus" still being in-game when we were told it would not be for long?

Because with this update you've now made players HAVE to farm and equip loot (such as PDT health bonus) which you said won't be in the game for much longer.

And if anyone wonders why there is backlash "despite Trendy responding", it's because it's not a change or a response anyone wanted to hear. 

There is only so much faith we can keep putting into Trendy when all they seem to do is push out updates no one agrees with. 

I knew something like that was coming ages ago. That's why I kept saying "don't invest too much time into the game right now cause lots of things you farm are going to become obsolete." And now there you go. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I'm saying this is a terrible idea. Yes of course they could have waited until loot 2.0 (or actually 3.0???) comes out before implementing this system, but anyways it can't be avoided. We'll have to refarm anyways. 

This might be necessary to get an ultimately better loot system. I'm pretty sure we can expect something similar to pets in the future. That's why I've been saying to not invest too much in the game in its current state.

this new loot rework better involve significantly less rng and the ability to roll hybrid stats on my gear, like i better be able to roll a DP/AP armor set for apprentice and the like for others <.<

im seriously sick of this "play this way or dont effing play at all" attitude the game has been like <.<

I fear of stripping my Huntress of her squire gear =(. For how will my PDT ever get range again because it does not appear on huntress gear anymore.

"It will make sense later" is a very poor reason and justification for this feature change being introduced at this time. It obviously WON'T make sense now to anyone since we don't have the same system as the internal team. Even if the community chooses to trust that statement, what good does that do in game as it is now? Guess we can just twiddle our thumbs as we wait for the new system. 

By releasing it early you introduce more problems into the current system. Even if they will be addressed by future changes, until that day comes the current situation is worse for everyone. Changes like this should not be pushed in part, but as a well thought out whole. 

This seems like a very poorly handled release of an isolated feature change that is meant to be part of an entire system overhaul. It really has no business being released this way. If this one system change was significant enough that the team really wanted to run some tests on the live servers, then control that narrative and give a detailed release window. "We are pushing this change out two days early in the lead up to the inventory overhaul coming out at the end of the week." At the very least this scenario offers you more control over narrative. 

Honestly, seeing stuff like this happen over and over again really weighs heavy on me. I want so badly for this game to succeed. Yet time and time again I see very silly communication mistakes like this continue to erode the communities trust in Trendy. Regardless of the quality of the inventory changes that will follow, the entire feature release is going to be tainted by this. It is up to you guys to now handle damage control and reel in attitudes of players hurt by this. 

@iamisom quote:

It's just part of a larger update that will make more sense soon. I understand the frustration right now, but trust me, it'll make more sense as we incorporate more itemization changes.

Without being too hateful (I apoligize if I am), but most, if not ALL of the things you've added to the game recently, and changes you are making to the game, seem to be the brainfart of a mentally retarded individual.

What is the logic behind making players log in and out adn in and out and in and out of town REPEATEDLY just to reset the passives on weapons in the store there? (the latest dryad-patch weapons)

What is the logic behind locking armors to only being used by the class you picked it up with? (What's wrong with using a item with gunwitch passives on an archer, just ofr the base stats, if the passives wont affect the archer anyway)?

What is the logic behind having certain items only drop one ONE map (any of the 700+ armor pieces in incursion NM4 maps) with a tiny chance? Forcing players to repeat the exact same map, which is boring and easy btw, for a what.. 20% chance to drop an item? Then a tiny chance that the iLvl is actually nice and high, adn an even tinier chance of the passives lining up? why ONE map?

This entire game lost sight of what a game should be.. this tiny little word.. 3 letters... F U N.

it is NOT fun to grind content taht has ZERO, and I mean absolute ZERO challenge to it, in order to beat 1/100000 odds of RNG... it is not fun that now all the gear we spent hours, days, WEEKS to collect, is suddenly locked out of the classes we are using them on because of a passive not lining up? or sometimes even just because we picked them up with the wrong class.. (3 neutral passvies)

@EraChanZ quote:

@iamisom quote:

It's just part of a larger update that will make more sense soon. I understand the frustration right now, but trust me, it'll make more sense as we incorporate more itemization changes.

Without being too hateful (I apoligize if I am), but most, if not ALL of the things you've added to the game recently, and changes you are making to the game, seem to be the brainfart of a mentally retarded individual.

While I agree this specific change was premature, I don't think it is fair to say every change applied to the game has been a tragedy. 

With regard to your comments on how the loot changes don't work - They are part of a bigger system. I don't believe TE should have pushed this update without the rest of the loot overhaul, but obviously this isn't the intended use case. 

Your reaction highlights why this is a problem. When changes like this go live before the rest of the update is ready, it creates a massive pain point for players. 

In general the direction the game has been going is trending towards reducing the grind. Seeing as how almost no changes have been applied to the current end game it is rather unfair to make generalizing statements about how the grindfest is only getting worse. It has remained unchanged at the top level, and actually gotten easier and less rigid at the bottom. 

What if I'm looking for Hero dmg, Hero crit and crit chance...but it's not X hero gear but Y hero gear...now I can't use it on X hero because "it's not the right (Y) hero".

This is despite me not using Y hero for DPS...

I think it's a pretty bad design idea and will only lead to increase the already (bad) grind for gear. 

Something else has to be changing here that we're not aware of...but that's just the problem - we're not aware of it. 

Someone at Trendy needs to step up here and do a better job of communicating with us as right now I have no faith that "oh things are coming, trust us!".

Can anyone explain to me why the Dryad can use this Gunwitch specific item with Gunwitch passives, yet I had saved generic items for other characters with no specific passives that are now only allowed for random heroes.

160F6C94271A911E3F1D8D32F1B5B6324C817DC8

Then I find that some boots I had saved with generic passives for when I make new heroes and want decent-ish gear while trying to beat the horrible RNGesus and I find that these are for the Gunwitch only, yet are for a defense build...on a Gunwitch?

824D8E336C03DC90CD717862A17D63369B9B7011

I get this if for future planning, but couldn't you have brought this out when implementing the whole change? Why release something that is only hindering us and then tell us to deal with it until the new change comes? Just release it all at once and you won't have to worry about people getting annoyed. How long are we going to have to put up with this until the change comes out and makes this worth the hassle and annoyance?

Shocked-Troy-Walks-Into-Fire-With-Pizza-
Trendy in a nutshell

I don't know what they were thinking or what they plan to do in the future, but just from seeing the images and reading this thread alone, it's clear that this half-assessed implementation of whatever Junk Loot 3.0 system they have planned should stay far FAR away from the current game, until it's completely developed and finalized.

Because holy balls, having gear that is not only tied to classes (What is this 2004?) but having said gear spawned with passives that don't even make logical sense for said hero (Gunwitch with Tower passives) is an entire level of screw up.

Then only saying "Have faith and you'll understand soon" is not exactly reassuring, especially when one of the main complaints was already the ***ty RNG & loot system.

So yea, great job to whoever thought bringing the new system in such a rough stage to the current game was such a good idea. Especially when you're trying to gather new players for the game.

I'm sure they'll love it.

This makes me wonder if the next change will be a method for rerolling the passives, thus the character lock, in exchange for gems.

T

@Meowies quote:

Then I find that some boots I had saved with generic passives for when I make new heroes and want decent-ish gear while trying to beat the horrible RNGesus and I find that these are for the Gunwitch only, yet are for a defense build...on a Gunwitch?

824D8E336C03DC90CD717862A17D63369B9B7011

I get this if for future planning, but couldn't you have brought this out when implementing the whole change? Why release something that is only hindering us and then tell us to deal with it until the new change comes? Just release it all at once and you won't have to worry about people getting annoyed. How long are we going to have to put up with this until the change comes out and makes this worth the hassle and annoyance?

This is already been Prioritized by Trendy.

Try this instead

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=800655658

says equipable for Dryad
yet I am level 50
on my dryad
and clearly shows its not able to be equipped

@SGRock quote:

This makes me wonder if the next change will be a method for rerolling the passives, thus the character lock, in exchange for gems.

A truly outrageous idea. 

Completely agree with you.

I just feel like no one listens and cares.

@VincentX3 quote:

Shocked-Troy-Walks-Into-Fire-With-Pizza-
Trendy in a nutshell

I don't know what they were thinking or what they plan to do in the future, but just from seeing the images and reading this thread alone, it's clear that this half-assessed implementation of whatever Junk Loot 3.0 system they have planned should stay far FAR away from the current game, until it's completely developed and finalized.

Because holy balls, having gear that is not only tied to classes (What is this 2004?) but having said gear spawned with passives that don't even make logical sense for said hero (Gunwitch with Tower passives) is an entire level of screw up.

Then only saying "Have faith and you'll understand soon" is not exactly reassuring, especially when one of the main complaints was already the ***ty RNG & loot system.

So yea, great job to whoever thought bringing the new system in such a rough stage to the current game was such a good idea. Especially when you're trying to gather new players for the game.

I'm sure they'll love it.

@Jojozityjo quote:

this new loot rework better involve significantly less rng and the ability to roll hybrid stats on my gear, like i better be able to roll a DP/AP armor set for apprentice and the like for others <.<

im seriously sick of this "play this way or dont effing play at all" attitude the game has been like <.<

Jojo, I respond to you because I respect you. That's not to say that I don't respect anyone else on this thread. I just thought that this mindset should be addressed. :-)

You say you are sick of the play this way or not at all attitude. I really don't think that is really the attitude completely. However, let's just say it is. If that really is the atttitude, let me ask, did you hate all Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, so on and so forth games you have played? Pretty much all video games have this attitude. Even games that ask for player suggestions have this. 

In the end, all game developers have ultimate say on what content is in their game. Their hope is that overall lots of people will play the game and like it enough to keep playing it.

In more recent years, more game developers seem to be going the way of addictive content. What's more addictive than RnG? I think devs want to make a fun and enjoyable game, but those things only hold up for so long. 

Let's be honest, if this game had 0 RnG, how many of us would still be playing, let alone nearly everyday?  Initially, the game is fun and enjoyable. But, we keep coming back for that addictive RnG, do we not? Or stated otherwise, we come back for "better" or "unique" gear.

To say you are tired of then"play this way or not at all" is really short sighted. And Jojo, you normally are NOT short sighted. Again ALL video games have this to en extent. Ever since the beginning of video games. If,you truly are tired of that attitude, maybe you are getting tired of video games in general. And if that is the case, maybe some board games and card games are in order for you? Although, those have rules, too, you can easily break away from those rules and create your own new rules because they are not electronics.

Anyway.... Overall, I am just really surprised at the backlash and anger that has been coming out of players lately. Both old and newer. Like, has something been put in the water? Is everyone on their period right now (both female AND male)? Like...what's the deal?!

TE can't do everything at once. No one can! They just made a butt load of bug fixes, including many from player submitted bugs. We have new cross over things which are super fun! A new map with crafting system, which is fun. A new hero with new mechanics for both DPS and building, both are fun! Despite all these good things, what do we get from players? More and more whining and complaining about ONE thing. The concern has been expressed. Let's just leave it at that. I don't anticipate Trendy doing anything about because they have a clear plan (even if it is not clear to us) and they are implementing it little by little.

Just...come on gang! We are grown ups (or...many of us anyway). So, let's act like grown ups instead of Whiney and complaining children. For goodness sakes!

Anyway, I wish everyone a good and happy day! :-) if anyone is sick, I hope you feel better soon. If anyone hates their job, I hope you find a job you like soon. If anyone hates their life, I hope you can find some happiness soon! Cheers! 

There are some days when I miss being a Moderator.  Other times... not so much  Perceive [[4370,users]] , keep fighting the good fight :)