Sign in to follow this  
SilentMayu

A Thought for the CDT regarding Map Leaderboards.

Hey there everyone <3

I know i never usually post anything except the odd auction here n there, but after discussing map leader boards with my friend Arch i thought i might as well make a suggestion that some people would enjoy =)

So we all know that at the forge on every map it shows who the best player to do the map was, there time and score and such, but we also know that certain people use a exploit known as wave skipping to get much faster times that normally achievable through normally playing the map, we also know hackers with hacked gear can easily top the number 1 map spot for speed and such due to there cheated gear.

My suggestion although i don't know exactly how easy or hard this would be to implement into the game, but it would add something new/fun to the game for the people who enjoy that sort of thing, topping the map and all.

So that suggestion is every i would say 3 months? the leader boards for all maps in the game reset to 0, no one being top, and then everyone can compete again for the top spot, as most of these top spot hackers/skippers don't even play anymore, so no one can ever beat them.

And of course you might say well what if they do hack or skip it again, well at least its not permanent and their score top spot will reset in 3 months, might not be a permanent solution to the problem but it at least gives people more of a chance at having their name as top for a little while.

I'm open  to any feedback

thanks for reading defenders <3

cookies and hugs for all =D

Silent =)

Not a fan of leader-boards in the first place, but I don't mind a total wipeout after X amount of months at least all the non-active hacked scores are wiped-out, might also wipe out a few legit scores in Top 10-50 from active players, so there's that.

In my opinion these obvious exploiters are as bad as hackers and needs to be banned. Common sense, everyone knows that wave skipping isn't intended therefore you should be punished for doing that. Sadly we do see also well known players on that list, which I believe is the reason nothing happens regarding this matter.

However, I wouldn't like monthly or continuous resets because some scores of me are so well that certain exploiters were asking me how I've reached such an high score, since they skipped waves and haven't reached them, sometimes not even close.

Instead of resets I would like more frequent checks probably also automatically. It isn't too hard to figure lowest possible times and maximal possible scores. The majority of the players included into the leaderboards are obvious hackers/exploiters.

hmm possibly eagle, i just thought it would be a new nice thing for people to compete for during those months, see how can win it this month, maybe a system to show like the overall number 1 and then a number 1 for the current 3month period before a reset and just keep the original ones that are legit! =D

I think a system where obviously hacked times are deleted would obviously be best, Eagle, but that would also be a pain to implement if even doable.

I'd be for a total wipeout of stats everyonce in a while, kinda like those Hack N' Slash seasonal leaderboards. As of now either scores are pretty much set either the leaderboards is full of nonsense. They did clean it up a bit, which was nice, but I think frequent resets might be the best way to go.

What about not to wipe leaderboard every N month, but use it's values only for last N month? Then after N month some score on leaderboard will "expire", and not visible due to irrelevant value. And implement anti-exploit system, as [[42201,users]] said. This will:

1. Player needs to refresh his highscore periodically, but if someone will have a better score, it also will be time-limited.
  2. Leaderboard hack/exploit detection which will tell to staff to check a person for stats and gears and then decide for a competitive/Trendynet ban.

This "last N month period" thing can be made just as selecting scores for N month and calculate/use them. But it needs to store ALL the scores.

Another variant is to just delete expired scores, so we will have like a "last N month score cache". Oh, but remember somewhere top M scores (for statistics, monitoring and improve anticheat system) and hacker's values (to know, why player was banned, and improve anticheat, of course).

Please, tell me, if my idea is useful and good, and tell me about any mistakes/corrections. I hope, this is better, than just "periodically wipe scores".