Giveaway - Quick Giveaway For Fast People

It's about to end, friends. In around 20 hours, once it's the 28th everywhere in the world, I'll draw an additionnal prize or two randomly and will then be able to give winners their prize. Or actually ask them what they want.

Ah dang looks like Pjtor ran them again the last day too, so much for third place, can't compete with the guys with thousands of hours and all the event items yet I guess haha.

Well friends, this is the end. I checked every times and I'm ready to announce the winners.

And the winners are...

• Kirbykibble in first place. Gratz Kirby, if I didn't know you though, I'd call hax. ^_~ Kirby already chose his prize. He chose the NPC so Vortex Set and Cavalry are left.
  • ThePoet came in second. Gratz ThePoet ! Really glad you put so much efforts into this, you well deserve your prize. I'll ask you what you want as soon as I meet you. (EDIT : He chose Vortex Set.)

• And Pjtor came in third. Gratz Pjtor ! I'll give you what's left when I get to talk to ThePoet. Now you know what to do : Beat Ember a hundred times. Make that Phoenix your ***** ! =) (EDIT : He wins Cavalry.)

I'll also be drawing a cat from last event for those that didn't win anything. You will get to choose which of the two cats you want. I will however give all main prizes before.

Well thanks all for entering my first giveaway. :3 I wanted to feel like the people who'd get the prizes were really involved hence the amount of work that was required for this giveaway. While not many applied, those that applied I think would all deserve something. Sadly I can't. =( But know that I'm quite happy with the way this turned out.

Love you all, looking forward to seeing you ingame !  <3

So, I know I can't beat those times but is Kirby exempt from having to post steam screenshots since he is your friend? How do we know he just did those for this contest and it isn't an all time record that he was working on for months? Anyhow fun contest, ~12-16 hours of learning how to farm some good maps better, haha

The point of this rule was to avoid giving prizes to less desirable individuals, really. Which I think worked. I "know" he didn't work on those times forever for various reasons, else friend or not I wouldn't care, really. Which is why I let it go. It's that.

I'll be drawing cats purrty soon using a RNG somewhere and will give you the results. =)

Thanks for the contest Arch, it was fun to look at some new maps.

@wdaled quote:

So, I know I can't beat those times but is Kirby exempt from having to post steam screenshots since he is your friend? How do we know he just did those for this contest and it isn't an all time record that he was working on for months? Anyhow fun contest, ~12-16 hours of learning how to farm some good maps better, haha

To be honest I didn't even read the steam part and just posted like I usually do with gyazo. If you want I can also update my times to steam shizzle if it comforts you, but I can tell you that old times will be outdated and slower regardless due to the changes between then and the current patch.

It's not about comfort, it just seemed weird that the person with the best times didn't follow what was stated in the rules. I'll just enter the random ones in the future, since having a giveaway of event items with a bias towards the players that already have event items is not something I can be terribly competitive in. 

If you seen this giveaway only as free events, then maybe it wasn't for you, yes.

Number one player did use a RM which helped him, however second and third did not AFAIK and no NPC will make your speedruns 3 mins shorter. The three winners really enjoyed it and it shows. That's all I'm concerned about, really.

- TL;DR : They didn't win because of events but because of skills. Yes. Good players had a better chance at making it. Yes. I dislike RNG drawings.

Also I have given second and third prizes. Soon as I give Kirby his NPC I'll draw the cat. (You get to choose which.)

I did use a (borrowed) Rain for Ember. However none of my tower stats were higher than 5.5k at the time of the runs (that being monk's Tdmg) and the only event item on my tower chars was the Black Satin on adept. (which has 5.2k Tdmg) I also swapped my small diamonds to big ones for extra movement speed. It didn't make much difference as I was unable to do better time on ember/ww than I did previously with my regular gear due to bad luck with bosses. If I could dance I would've used ToT-s...

Regarding Kirby's times I don't think stat difference made a significant impact in our times. I know we had very similar builds for akatiti/bb/tinkerers and I had lower combat time on aka/bb but still took me longer due to build time which I can't blame on stats. (we both ran solo)

My builders are between 4k and 5k on damage, and dps characters in a similar range, I think my biggest difference in combat times was probably on WW since the bosses do take me quite a while - my solo scores were several minutes slower on WW alone. 

During the build phase I believe is where stats would make the biggest difference since on a lot of maps at 4k or 8k you are still waiting for ogres on most combat phases. It didn't make a massive difference but I did try the maps again with my guys using the tavern armory pack stuff on open, and managed to shave a few minutes off due to less building required - and perfect run/cast speed things, it wasn't enough to pass your times with only one try but it was closer to reachable.

@wdaled quote:

... and managed to shave a few minutes off due to less building required - and perfect run/cast speed things

I'd say that's the problem here - 4k or 6k there's the same amount to build. With the exception of Embermount all maps can be done building auras, buffs and Lightning Towers only. Basically on every map you need a stack of auras at each crystal and buffs then you can do LT-s during combat. (atleast this is the order how I did them) Even with 4k stats it will work. I just tested Akatiti with 4k stats and it worked, I had 30s longer combat and that's all. (17:40 total)

WW is a bit different, when I did pure-LT build I got trolled so bad by bosses that my total time was the same as my hybrid LT + minions build.

I had to add summons on all maps but buccaneer bay, but my apprentice only has like 1k 3k 4k 2.5k so maybe my lightning towers aren't quite hearty enough. I did try a number of different things, and I was actually tempted to submit my tavern armory geared character times - it just seemed a bit shady since I don't actually have characters that good. My final setup ended up on most maps with my apprentice and EV using tower statted genies, EV with mana gun trying all manner of building during the combat waves but my build times is where i was the largest portion behind on basically every map still.