Sign in to follow this  
harry4550

[Contest] Design the Next Event Item!

Name:unarmed

Model:backstabber(smallest it can get, preferably non visable if possible)

Description:You too, can be one punch man

Forged by: Yourself

Stats:

Base dmg(idk how it scales)(want it around a 60k glad range)

Lightning dmg:1

Block 100%

Knock back:30

Hero health:123

Hero atk:456

Hero speed:789

Cast rate:101

Ab1:112

Ab2:131

Trate:415

Trange:161

I actually really liked the choosing aspect.  It gives collectors a reason to trade, because not everyone has the full set of items, so it makes the items more valuable :)

(I personally don't plan to ever trade an event item for cubes, but I think giving people a reason to trade is a good thing :)

Hi, so I'd like to offer a few suggestions, but dont have the technical skill to model them.  If anyone is interested, feel free.

There are some great ideas, and great submissions here. I liked the bracers and the fairy. Lore for Old One's cursed glaive is cool, but that thing is not cursed at all :D

ok ideas that i had -

Mithril Armor - Forged by Hephaestus

A set of Sup or Ult  Pristine armor in Silver instead of Gold

Resistance - 20 / 20 / 20 / 20

Hero stats - 100 / 100 / 100 / 100

Tower stats 200 / 200 / 500 or 550 / 200

Pet Dragon - Is there any way to make the Ancient Dragon mini and have him be a pet? I really like how he looks, and would like to have him in my tavern or on my shoulder.

ok, those are two particulars. In general, i was thinking about weapons that we have not had yet. A tower weapon for monk or apprentice. A DPS gun for Huntress (Made by Smith n Wesson or Mikhail Kalashnikov. 15 shots. 150k per shot)

Having a bunch of rewards and asking people to choose was cool, but killed me inside :D They were all so amazing.

Anyhoo, hope this might spark someone's thoughts.

[[8505,users]] -- We already have an Apprentice Tower Weapon(Pumpkin Staff, has like 666 on all stats I believe). No Monk Tower Weapon though, yet.
The current DDDK doesn't have assets for the new Monk Wep from Ember Mount, otherwise I had a really cool idea about making a decent stat Monk Tower Weapon(400 400 700 700, or something similar) with a neat color touch to it. But with the current DDDK its not possible to model it. Hopefully there can be done something to provide a better updated DDDK.

ok so i know im only allowed one entry but when talking to a friend about this whole thing and the events in general lately we came to the idea that this is sorta the event item we would like to see more of. So i'm posting this not so much as mine since i do not think it has a chance of winning.

Arm Guard of Frost

Name: Arm Guard of Frost
Base: Annatar Bracers
Colour:  Blue and White (glowing)
Forged By: Winter
Upgrades: 1/45
Level to Use: 0
Description: "May make your hands a little chilly"

Stats

Hero Health: 15
Hero Move Speed: 25
Hero Damage: 20
Hero Cast Rate: 15
Hero Ability 2: 35
Tower Health: 15
Tower Damage: 25
Tower Rate: 10

In Game Look

(there were some modifications made to the name and forged by after posting this image of the items info screen but that is a good general idea to what the item will look like)

have a good day

@Black Mamba quote:

Okay, I really(REALLY) wanted to do a Wep + Pet combo. But since there is only 1 event item limit, so after much self-debates and thinking, I've decided to go ahead with the following submission:

Item GIF:
OWlrLWN.gif

WeaponModel = Shaitan of a Thousand Winds(wiki link)(not core drop)

That one looks awesome! What pet did you want as well?

This is a pet + mask combo

Aku Aku (Pet):

Base item: Tribal mask 

Coloured like: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/0f/19/35/0f1935886190bac7d35cf65963b43295.jpg

Stats:

Needs to be usable, but not over powered, possibly 400 all round. Should provide a knock back attack (similar to tigers) and also a healing attack 

Super Aku Aku (Acc):

Base Item: Tribal mask

Colours as above but more shiny; ideally would leave coloured particle trails

Stats: High hero health, attack and ideally a movement speed bonus

Yes, these are based on the mask from Crash Bandicoot - when I saw the tribal mask a few days ago, it reminded me of that game :p The description and raised by text should reflect their origin.

@Black Mamba quote:

Dave -- We already have an Apprentice Tower Weapon(Pumpkin Staff, has like 666 on all stats I believe). No Monk Tower Weapon though, yet.
The current DDDK doesn't have assets for the new Monk Wep from Ember Mount, otherwise I had a really cool idea about making a decent stat Monk Tower Weapon(400 400 700 700, or something similar) with a neat color touch to it. But with the current DDDK its not possible to model it. Hopefully there can be done something to provide a better updated DDDK.

Even if a tower weapon or similar event has been done before, that doesnt prevent another from being made. 

The public DDDK will likely not be updated so if someone wants an event item based on any of the newer items, we can still do that but would just mean harry or myself would likely have to create one if you need a picture of it.

@Black Mamba quote:

Dave -- We already have an Apprentice Tower Weapon(Pumpkin Staff, has like 666 on all stats I believe). No Monk Tower Weapon though, yet.

Thanks for reminding me, Mamba. I did forget about the Pumpkin staff. Huh, now that i think about it, i wonder why we dont see more of them. they are pretty nice.....

@ddace quote:Even if a tower weapon or similar event has been done before, that doesnt prevent another from being made. 

I know we could do another one, but id like to have something different and useful. Plus its a good jumping off point to brainstorm about ideas.

@Dave456 quote:Pet Dragon - Is there any way to make the Ancient Dragon mini and have him be a pet? I really like how he looks, and would like to have him in my tavern or on my shoulder.
I love this sort of idea :)  I had a similar idea for a Goblin Copter pet.  Unfortunately I imagine a new model would have to be made with a much lower poly count and a different set of animations, so I don't think it's as simple as shrinking the model for the boss.  It would probably take some doing on the part of the CDT.

For those interested in submitting an idea, it's not quite so hard as needing the skills to "model" an item. All  you have to do is type cheat codes*** inside the Dungeon Defender's Development Kit (free download under Tools in your Steam library) to change item characteristics. I will try to list a concise set of steps here that resourceful people could get set up, I will also volunteer for questions in my forum  pm's if you need a little extra guidance.

1. Download the Dungeon Defender's Development Kit in the Tools section of your Steam library.
  2. Navigate to the directory where you have DD installed then go to Binaries/Win32/DunDefDevelopment.exe
  3. This is the test/development version of the game that comes with the DDDK, plays like the regular game but with chat commands.
  4. You will start with a blank save, so use chat commands to get items. If you start typing in chat they will list autocomplete options. You will want to know "dolevelvictory" (to get end of map rewards), "killallenemies", "godall" to start getting items. Type them in the chat without quotes.
  5. Once you have an item, most item modifying commands start with "setequipment ". Drop the item on the ground and while looking at the item so it's info pops up on screen type these commands to modify it. For example, I can change the hero damage of a weapon by looking at it and typing "setEquipmentHeroStatValue 3 999". This set's 3rd hero stat(hero damage iirc) to 999.
  6. Other useful commands are "setTimeDilation" and "duplicateItem"

***This is a development tool, these "cheat codes" are there because they were useful in testing the game(they really do help). This will not affect or work in your regular steam copy of Dungeon Defenders. But hey, while you've got the DDDK downloaded why not try to make an event map or two:) 

I may not be very quick in responding to pm's, but will try to check at least every day for a little while. Don't be shy if you are having trouble!

@ddace quote:
Even if a tower weapon or similar event has been done before, that doesnt prevent another from being made. The public DDDK will likely not be updated so if someone wants an event item based on any of the newer items, we can still do that but would just mean harry or myself would likely have to create one if you need a picture of it.

Oh yea, I didn't mean it that way, was notifying Dave about an already existing tower wep for App.
BTW, when does this end, and what is the criteria for winning?

End date is say next Tuesday the 22. 

Winner will be decided based on number of thumbs and host input. The winner will be announced at the start of the event to not ruin the reward for those who wish to be surprised 

@Dave456 quote:

Mithril Armor - Forged by Hephaestus

A set of Sup or Ult  Pristine armor in Silver instead of Gold

Armor can't be colored on the ground nor in the icon. Best you can do for armor is to use zamira

http://cr4zyb4st4rd.co.uk/RewardandCustomise.html

has link to a map called testmap

if you save that file udkgame/content/map then in the dddk you can type loadlevel testmap.udk and it should give you easy access to all the items to make it a bit easier on yourself

@Black Mamba quote:

Nice one Atherial, how did you color the Forged by text?

ask otter he made it for me :)

we were trying to get the DDDK to work on my PC for like 2 hours so he just made the change for me. 

to color the forged by or description of items you add color tags. For example if I want a red color forgedBy I can type:

setEquipmentForgerName <COLOR:255,0,0>This is red</COLOR>

Format is <COLOR:[red],[green],[blue]>[text]</COLOR> where RGB values are 0-255. You can have multiple colors in one thing as well by using multiple tags. However you will quickly run into chat character limit. There is a way to modify a line in the udk files to increase the chat limit but I've forgotten where

Oh yeah, I ran into the chat limit, sadly. monk_small.png
Thanks though. if you figure out how to increase the chat limit let us know!
This also works for Description and Equipment Name, but for Equipment Name, in the inventory it gets goofed up and shows the tags as well. Sucks! But yeah, thanks to you and Acen!

@Black Mamba quote:

Oh yeah, I ran into the chat limit, sadly. monk_small.png
Thanks though. if you figure out how to increase the chat limit let us know!
This also works for Description and Equipment Name, but for Equipment Name, in the inventory it gets goofed up and shows the tags as well. Sucks! But yeah, thanks to you and Acen!

What do you mean by shows the tags, as in the quality tags? You can remove that from the description if you lower the quality index.