Sign in to follow this  
harry4550

[Contest] Design the Next Event Item!

With the next event a few weeks away it is time to come up with the next event item, and this time we thought we would give the community the chance to pick the next event item!

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO

1. Pick an item in game that the event item will be modeled after

2. Pick a new name, description, raised by:, upgrade level 

3. Pick out new colors for the event, this can include how shinny you may want the item to be. (You can even choose the size of the item)

4. Pick stats for the item. Pick what stats the item has, how high the stats are, ect. (You can even change the swing speed of melee weapons to if you would like)

Restrictions

1. The item can not have profanity, anything inappropriate, copyrighted names ect. 

2. The item will have to pass my "OP" filter. You can suggest whatever you want but know that the actual  item may not end up as strong as you may have wanted it. 

rewards

The person who comes up with the best idea for a new event item will have there item be the next event item! A winner will be picked based on community feed back and the event team. 

Also, the person who comes up with the best idea will win a set of event items from the last event! That is 5 event items!!! So make sure to think up something cool and unique!

Modeled off Make America Great Again hat

Named "MDDGA", description is "Dungeon Defenders was made great on *insert date when CDT took over*, raised by America, upgrades is 118 since November 8th is MAGA day.

Red with white text saying MDDGA

Stats are all 999 since it will literally be the best thing to ever happen to DD.

just going to throw this out there, if anyone wants help modeling out what their item will look like in game give me your info in or send me a PM and I can make one up and send you a picture. (Mainly for if you arent sure what colors you want...). I'm sure other event hosts that know how to do it will gladly help you out as well.

@curtisgk quote:

Modeled off Make America Great Again hat

Named "MDDGA", description is "Dungeon Defenders was made great on *insert date when CDT took over*, raised by America, upgrades is 118 since November 8th is MAGA day.

Red with white text saying MDDGA

Stats are all 999 since it will literally be the best thing to ever happen to DD.

well we lose everyone this contest is over :)

The Roost

Glowing yellow chicken gun forged by Chicken Breeder

"You will soon become the Chicken..." or "What are you, chicken?"

• 30000 damage
  • 6 shots per second
  • 2 additional projectiles
  • 200 knockback
  • 6000 projectile speed

• 500 hero health
  • 300 hero dmg
  • 700 casting rate
  • 500 ability 2
  • 500 tower health
  • 300 tower rate
  • 700 tower dmg
  • 500 tower range
As big as possible, 250/250 upgrades

I definitely agree with the christmas design of scylla... at least since i think its a christmas event. if thats not the chase, you can just ignore my post. snowman2.png

Ruprecht´s Mask

(Mask acc)

• Forged by: Packager Snowman
  • Descirption: "Only presents for the finest"
  • Should looking like Turkey mask, maybe the mask should be totally in a rose red but with white eyes. If thats possible i would like to get away the little string on the left side or the nose, so the mask would look similar on both sides. The "x" mark on the forehead should be removed also.
  • Edit: it should be with like 24/24 upgrades and should be marked as a supreme Mask.

Stats:

1. 284 Hero Health
  2. 461 Hero Damage
  3. 321 Hero Cast Rate
  4. 101 Hero ab 2
  5. 24 Tower Health
  6. 12 Tower Attack Rate
  7. 20 Tower Damage
  8. 16 Tower Range

In chase no one noticed... the last 4 stats (the tower ones) are the date of christmas this year. Since I´m not shure if in other lands then germany the 23 or 25 might be celebrated (but i´m pretty shure its 24) you can ofcorse replace the 24.

The Hero stats are random picked, you can change them if they are too high for a Event item.

Have a nice day. squire_small.png

-> Michili

Glowing white bracer with Tower stats bec its hard to find a good bracer :D so its perfect for an event item

Tower sides:   Life 200

Dmg 350

Rate 200

Range 200

Hero stats are random maybe all 50

but i have no name for that :D

BMyKqax.pngUco8mFk.png

Skin color: very light pink-ish (full white was kinda creepy)

Clothes color: Golden

Size: obscenely huge

We alredy have a Bone staff event, so is fair for those who d hather Bloodshot (like me) to have one too.

So here is my suggestion:

Name: Poison Tear

Description: His touch is toxic

Raised by: Venom Goblin

Upgrades: 500/500

z6U39ev.png

Color:

wCc0eRd.jpg

Name: The Reverse Leaf Blower

Model: http://dungeondefenders.wikia.com/wiki/Projector
(The green with gold in the picture looks pretty nice so keep it like that)

Description: Your not so normal leaf blower...

Raised by: Gardener1337

Rarity: Ult+

Damage: 1337
Ammo: 420
Reload speed: if possible not visible else keep it 1
Projectile speed: not visible
Upgrade: 500/500

Stats:
Hero damage: -99
Hero health: -99
Cast: 100
Speed: 100

Tower health: 400
Tower damage: 700
Tower rate: 700
Tower range: 400

Side note: I've always liked that gun but it's not very useful

@[Ger] Michili quote:

lol the last one is Rainmaker with even higher stats O.o

Actually if I am thinking correctly the Oculus doesnt have a major buff in NM so it wouldnt be as powerful as a RM...though I may be wrong. I havent used on in a long time.

A few good submissions already. Keep the ideas flowing guys. :D

@Black Mamba quote:

How do I personally model, as in change the stats, size and colors of a weapon on Open mode? Is there a guide for that or like something? I have plenty of ideas in mind but I need access to the tools to execute them properly. Yes I can ask people to do it, but its not the same! :D

Downloading DDDK as we speak, someone just point me were and what is needed to spawn the item and change its characteristics, thanks.

PM me on steam and i can walk you through it. its pretty easy to do

Event Item Lore

Now that the old ones armies are left in ruins our heroes retreat back to the castle eternia. but they are unaware of something left behind deep within the crystalline dimension . Among the rubble of the old ones armies that clashed upon the ancient crystal and fidget wastes of the crystalline dimension is a weapon of unnatural power.  Stabbed in one of the far islands of the dimension lies a cursed glaive that radiates a ancient evil power. As one draws closer to the glaive sparks begin to shoot from it's surface and a hollow whisper seeps from it's eternal blades a whisper that would drive all but the most pure of mind into madness. Legend has it that part of the old one is contained within it's wicked edge just waiting patiently to return and call forth the army of the old ones once more.

Event Item Info

Name: Old Ones Cursed Glaive
item Base: http://dungeondefenders.wikia.com/wiki/Magina's_Last_Glaive
Rarity: Cursed
Size: Large (within reason)
Colour: Blue glowing
Swing Speed: Faster than normal
Forged: The Old One
Upgrades: 1178 / 1178
Description: One of the following (second if i can't have my name in it)

• "A atherial glow shimmers from the cursed blade as if something is trapped within"
  • "A etherial glow shimmers from the cursed blade as if something is trapped within"

Stats

Base Damage: 155,556
Lightning Damage: 76,900
Ranged Damage: 67,890
Extra Projectiles: +4
Hero Health: +750
Hero Damage: +750
Ability One: +585
Ability Two: +585
Tower Health: -999
Tower Damage: -999
Tower Rate: -999
Tower Range: -999
Projectile Speed: +15051
(please note that the numbers for base damage and ranged are ball park and would need to be properly tested to place them at a decent spot but still beatable sorta like the calvary, Also the tower stats are not essential to be kept like that i just feel it would be cool to have since the oid one fights alone)

In Game Appearance

(once me and star get around to making one i will update this post with the images)

Okay, I really(REALLY) wanted to do a Wep + Pet combo. But since there is only 1 event item limit, so after much self-debates and thinking, I've decided to go ahead with the following submission:

Item GIF:
OWlrLWN.gif
(Item size might look big in here, but in-game its well within reasonable limits)
(EDIT: Item size is reduced a bit since a few people requested that)

Item Screenshots:
GSnpOC2.jpg
(Item colors tend to vary depending on map lighting. I could possibly reduce the glow a bit if needed)
(EDIT: Reduced the glow a bit since a few people requested that, screenshots are still of the original color and size)

Stats: 
fvgZeMj.png
(Looking for a better description if anyone wants to help out, I suck at captioning!)
(Forger name is final! Equipment Name, I might still consider a better one)

DPS: (Not including Piercing Shot damage, since that tends to be low on Flamethrowers)

• All were tests done with the same Propeller Cat(190^), on a Ranger with Tuxedo Skin, so as to get the highest possible DPS, since it will only reduce on other skins.
  • 53k EmberFlame -- 11.72m
  • 66k Death Wish   -- 12.01m
  • 60k EmberFlame -- 12.95m
  • Note: Hero Damage was at its highest with this item equipped at 5.8k. And at its lowest at around 5.1k with the 60k Ember Flame since the one I have has negative Hero Damage.

Overall, stats & DPS-wise I'd say this is pretty reasonable. Usually Flamethrowers were the highest DPS weps until they were abandoned in favor of long range guns a while back. However, with the recent addition of Ember Flame there has been a slight resurgence in their usage. But they are still not quite as much popular since Flamethrowers are usually very limited at ranged, which is an understandable trade-off so they don't get crazy OP.

Additional INFO for CDT & Events Team:

• WeaponModel = <REMOVED>
  • EquipmentName = Death Wish
  • EquipmentDescription =  Meet <REMOVED>
  • ForgerName = Mambo <REMOVED>
  • DrawScale = <REMOVED>
  • PrimaryColor = <REMOVED>
  • SecondaryColor = <REMOVED>
  • WepBaseDamage = <REMOVED>
  • ClipAmmo = <REMOVED>
  • NumberofProjectiles = <REMOVED>
  • ReloadSpeed = <REMOVED>
  • LevelRequirement = <REMOVED>
  • Rest stats are as per the picture above, <REMOVED>

<EDIT:>SINCE THIS ITEM WAS SELECTED AS THE EVENT CONTEST WINNER, I HAVE TAKEN TO LIBERTY TO "REMOVE" ANY CRITICAL INFO RELATED TO HOW TO RE-PRODUCE ITEM TO PREVENT DUPING, ETC. I HAVE ALSO EDITED OUT TO THE IMAGE SLIGHTLY TO MORPH ITS STATS.

If this item is selected, I have the following request:

• I don't know how to change the current Mana Value for the item, but if it is possible, I'd like it changed to 666.

Thanks, and good luck to all the participants!

i'd like to see a staff similar to the Rainmaker, but with different colors of the projectiles, if this is possible

Item Name: Rainbowmaker

Item Description: shoots Rainbows

Forged By Name: Rainbow Unicorns

Model: Bloodshot Staff

Stats: similar to Rainmaker

To everyone suggesting RainMaker 2.0:

The item will have to pass my "OP" filter. You can suggest whatever you want but know that the actual  item may not end up as strong as you may have wanted it.

I think you might have missed this part of the original post :)

What i really want

The thing is in this event i would really just like to see a basic pair of armguards but i know that it would not win the contest i want the stats to be 35 at the highest and the item to just look good and not be a you need to have said item like the rain maker. why can't we do the old way of making accessories like the armguards series or the something blue and poly there are so many great event items out there that are not OP but a a nice reward and a reminder of what is important in a event and that being the experience of running it.

> atherial 

Event Item Info:

Name:King Lazer

Description:Dont Mess with The Lazer!

Color: Gold and Black

Rarity: Mythical

Forged: Queen Plane

Stats are

Base Damage: 100k

Projectiles: 5

Projectile SPeed: 20k

Hero Hp , Dmg , abi1 , abi2 , Casting rate: 400

All tower stats: 100

P.S its a lazer bot

Since the forum didn't allow me to change my original post...

Santa's Staff

Forged By: The Elves

Description: The Power of Santa Claus's Village

DPSmelee      80k   range90k   range100k range
(2,5k jester)50k755k850k945k
(4,5k monk)150k1,35M1,5M1,7M
(4,5k monk + 2k boost)500k4,5M5M5,6M
(4,5k monk + 2k boost + 189 cat)1M9,2M10,3M11,6M

SFu0Cz8.png

n8qzLw7.png

the towerstats form the x-mass date "25-12-2016" the upgrades are also 2016
can be changed to american standard

----------------Idea----------------

Since we only can make one item, why not four versions of that item :D
After a person has run the event he can chose one of the four versions (just like the hats and cats)
The stats of all four versions are the same, only the color is changed

cheBAIt.png

----------------how to edit----------------

Model: DreidleSpear
drawscale 1.2
primary color: {9, 9, 8} 
secondary: {40, 0, 0}, ({0, 40, 0},{0, 10, 30},{20, 20, 0})
quality: 19
maxup: 2016
swingspeed 1.5
herostats: [400, 400, 0, 0, 250, 250, -25, -12, -20, -16]
equipmentstats: [7770, x, 0, 6, -, -, 0, 0, 5, 30k]   (x = {80k: 99990, 90k: 112490, 100k: 124990})
levelrequirement: 74

(For the event team: i have the dddk save and the open save if you want them)

Looks nice Scylla! Always a fan of SpoL! :)
Anyways, if someone who wants to do a submission but doesn't know how to model their items, I am also willing to help for that! :D

@Black Mamba quote:

Looks nice Scylla! Always a fan of SpoL! :)
Anyways, if someone who wants to do a submission but doesn't know how to model their items, I am also willing to help for that! :D

Tnx! Your item also looks realy awesome! 

And the same goes for me, if you need help moddeling add me on steam :)

@Black Mamba quote:

I don't like the idea of choosing in between items, I didn't like it in the previous event either, especially for winners. So yea, a no to this!

Yeah i get that from a collection point of vieuw, but this time the stats dont even change. I think its a fun twist for the winners that they can choose there fav color. But opinions differ. 

If people like my origianal vote they vote for red only, like this one for 4 colors