Sign in to follow this  
playlessNamer

I was more than 1 year gone, what did i miss?

I left the game before the starwars update comes, now everything is new. New heros, new town.

As i left there was nothing playable than traptress. What is the actual meta to go with the 4 basic chars? Dont wanna waste time and work into useless skillbuilds.

Anything happend to cannons?

Lobby talked about poisondarttowers are now good. What stats are the deal there?

Think about starting over again, give the game another try in our group.

What is there more to know? Some new spheres? gamemodes?

new maps/characters/sphere for new characters/ new pets that can be bought with medals/ medals new currency/ new items like the one that makes pdt very strong/ specific maps have 100% drop chance of specific items from chests/ game very easy atm.

Meta right now, if not exploiting the *** out of the magma guy, is basically plop a toxic shock poison dart tower in each lane, then do whatever the heck else you want then afk. It's that strong.

Toxic shock is acquired from the Chrome Enemies incursion, from the end chest. It directly increases pdt dmg, and adds an aoe explosion on enemy death that deals dmg based on defense power. What's more, the explosion appears to apply poison stacks to other enemies it hits. As you might imagine, this quickly results in an entire horde of enemies exploding with poison. It stacks well with the Monk build item that also adds a death explosion.

So basically, it does great single target dmg, the explosion makes it amazing for groups, and it's cheap as hell to place. It's OP AF right now, so expect nerfs, but how hard nobody knows.

Dunno what heroes were out at the time you stopped playing, but new heroes beyond the original 4 include Abyss Lord, EV-2, Gunwitch, Lavamancer, Mystic, with Dryad coming on the 15th.

AL is the nod to the summoner from DD1. It summons skeletal defenses, and for a time was the strongest builder class thanks to it's very strong skeletal archer tower. It's still really good, and makes for a different, but still quite effective, DPS character as well.

EV-2 is the upgrade from DD1's EV. Proton beams, reflect walls, and boost beams make a reappearance. The reflect beam in particular is awesome, given how long range the javelin and dark mage guys are. Expensive, however. Boost beams are obviously good, but expensive. Proton beams are very strong with a crit build, especially since you can take a single chain and make apattern like a star, so that each beam is hitting enemies simultaneously. But, it's usually used as a hybrid CC/damage ability with a gear passive she gets that adds a chance to freeze enemies hit by the beams. She's an amazing DPS character as well, with her proton charge beam thingy and relevant spheres.

Gunwitch is the first pure dps character, specializing in ranged attacks/abilities. Highly mobile with the ability to fly around on a broom. Don't own her, so can't really comment.

Lavamancer is pretty cool, but he's fairly OP atm thanks to some bugs with one of his abilities. He can buff all towers on the map for a brief duration, which buffs towers that buff other towers too, like boost aura/beam. By stacking all this stuff, he can get towers doing literally millions of dps. I think he might be an ok dps too? Not sure, as I don't own him.

Mystic is in a weird place, imo. Her viper tower has some very good single target dps, doing over 300k after the full ramp up even with my ***ty sub-700 ipwr gear and only like 5% crit. Unfortunately, only one beam may be targeting an enemy at a time, so no dmg stacking with multiple towers. This is particularly bad when using the split vipers sphere, which removes the tower's ability to grow it's dmg through continuous use on the same target, but gives it the ability to target 3 enemies at once. So 3 towers can hit 9 enemies at once, but no stacking, and low dmg per target in comparison with the single target version. So you have to choose between the tower being good at killing a single thing, or good at handling nothing but trash mobs and be useless against bosses. She makes a good waller though. Her wall is about as tough as the squires, also only costs 30du, and has a ranged CC ability that lifts enemies into the air for a few seconds periodically.

Personally, I don't consider mystic to be good enough as a primary builder. It's fine while leveling, but once you get to higher levels split vipers just aren't strong enough to deal with tough enemies like ogres/bosses, and the single target versions don't do much until you can get some levels behind them, making them very expensive to spam as a primary tower. I usually build with something else, and throw down one or two single target vipers to help burn down tough enemies more quickly. So I guess I consider her a support builder/waller? I know a lot ofpeople like to take advantage of her excellent tower crit dmg scaling, and it really is amazing. Over 100k bonus dmg on a crit for a rank 5 tower I think? But I don't have that gear yet, so I can't attest to how much of a difference that really makes. I haven't tried her as a dps myself, but from what I understand it's pretty average.

@playlessNamer quote:

I left the game before the starwars update comes, now everything is new. New heros, new town.

As i left there was nothing playable than traptress. What is the actual meta to go with the 4 basic chars? Dont wanna waste time and work into useless skillbuilds.

Lobby talked about poisondarttowers are now good. What stats are the deal there?

I suggest starting with brand new heroes, get a nice set (waller/builder/support/DPS) and begin with the campaign. Its been revamped and should be quite fun. Completing all 16 maps on the campaign will bring all your heroes to lvl 50.

All the new heroes are pretty cool and interesting, the only problem is all of their towers are completely overpowered, bar one or two exceptions.

When you hit end game there are now quite a few incursions, with many of them giving a 750 guaranteed weapon drop (guaranteed drops is a thing now, allowing you to farm set dungeons for particular weapons you need) and a chance at a 750.

The NM4 incursions with 750 ipwr Weapon and rare armour drops are: Bastille (helm), Bling King (gloves), Catacombs (chest), Molten Citadel (Medallion), Power Surge (Boots) and the Halloween map which only drops spooky 750 weapons.

Wanna know what I think? You missed nothing. You can wait pretty much two or more years, maybe this game will be in an enjoyable state then. I am pretty disappointed of many decisions TE has made.

They launched way too early in their so-called "Early Access" which was nothing more than a kickstarter funding, in my opinion. I still hope to get a nice game in maybe two years. But right now? Not worth the time.

Edit: Holy ***, this forum software is still crap. Just tried to whitelist this site for NoScript via accessing a simple VPN and browser, so at first nothing got posted and then my answer was posted 5 times. That's why I hate writing in forums these days.

Hello...guy from the...past.
You remember our best times....
Now enjoy our dissapoiting future ! Welcome!

@Skalli quote:

Wanna know what I think? You missed nothing. You can wait pretty much two or more years, maybe this game will be in an enjoyable state then. I am pretty disappointed of many decisions TE has made.

They launched way too early in their so-called "Early Access" which was nothing more than a kickstarter funding, in my opinion. I still hope to get a nice game in maybe two years. But right now? Not worth the time.

Edit: Holy ***, this forum software is still crap. Just tried to whitelist this site for NoScript via accessing a simple VPN and browser, so at first nothing got posted and then my answer was posted 5 times. That's why I hate writing in forums these days.

I come back every 3-4 months, and the game is ALWAYS in a different state with more gear/content.  It's a blessing in disguise though, because there are 1-2 more heroes to buy (cash grab at its finest) and there is still ZERO balance.

Every time I go back, 3+ classes are useless, 1 is stupid OP, and there is a completely different cheese build to breeze through any content.

To me, devs seemed more interested in releasing characters for the $$$ then balancing their game.  Especially when a new character is VERY OP on release and allows user to cheese content, and they wait WAY too long to detune them, forcing more hands to buy said OP character to gear up their deck before the nerf.

I see almost everything they do and dont do as a money grab.  Thats why the starter heroes are in such shambles right now, and have been for quite sometime.

You guys and girls don't have a whole picture what is about to come and why did they make such choices (filling content into an unbalance game)... and they do have bigger picture. Maybe not whole, cause it is work in progress but much much more then most of us. Relax, play with some other toys and lets see what we have when revamp hits and game enters into official waters Emoji_Kobalt.png

@playlessNamer quote:

Also....

Storm gear! Gives your heroes extra utility. Here are the parts and where you can find them:

Storm Helm (Burried Bastille Defense mode): raises max mana/heat, etc and gives a chance at restoring lots of mana over 1-3 seconds.

Storm Chest (The burning city - can't recall the name right now - Defense mode): remember the old Taser suit? It's that. If you don't rememeber, stuns enemies for X amount of time in an X amount of radius.

Storm Gloves (Assualt on Throne Room Dfense mode): adds lightning bolts to,your attacks every second. Does X% hero Dmg and chains to 2-4 enemies.

This is really useful when using water weapons with drench or water pets that have the "tidal wave" ability. Stuns enemies a lot. :-)

Storm Legs (Nimbus Reach Defense): makes you faster! :-) adds 300-800 movement speed. Adds X% hero storm Dmg when landing a jump (think of jumping on drenched enemy heads and stunning them a lot.)

Also, Malthius has a chance to drops hero weapons that cannot be found anywhere else.

Additionally, there are special hero weapons that do special things when defeating certain enemies. I.e monk weapon can shoot firecrackers. Squire shield can shoot out fire balls. These weapons are only found in onslaught mode starting wave 14/15 and every 10 waves after that. 

I think those last 2 things were in the game a year ago, but not sure how much you explored. :-)