Sign in to follow this  
lordmars

Phoenix New Idea

Hello everybody.

Phoenix is the most powerful boss ever but it doesnt make sense when you are thinking about phoenix.Phoenix should reborn IMO.

We discussed little bit about this idea.There are 2 different opinion.

1) Im thinking about changing Phoenix in Embermount map

2)They should add a new map like a challenge (probably Embermount map challenge version they should give all mana to build)

Phoenix Idea: After phoenix dead it should reborn again like real Phoenix for 1 time.It's new version should be more powerful than before dead.

1 st Phoenix = 1x powerful          2 nd Phoenix (after reborn i mean) = 6x powerful

It should give good items who win that map and if CDT add new very rare items for this map idea it will be new goal for end game players .It will be very hard even for end game players really challenging stuff.Building all ember and at the end fight with really hard boss 2 times at the end will be very good, hard to farm and funny.

Feel Free to Discuss...

I'm sorry for my bad English i hope you understand what i mean.

GOOD DAY DEFENDERS...!!!

@lordmars quote:It should give good items who win that map and if CDT add new very rare items for this map idea it will be new goal for end game players
This just encourage aura hackers and whatnot. Adding very good items behind such a difficulty cannot be the goal of anyone. We already had recently a few heated discussions regarding "effort to reward" on Embermount. Your suggestion just fuels the discussion while possibly adding more complainers about "effort to reward".

Keep in mind that Ember has been seen as challenge for endgame players by the CDT. In fact Ember gets pretty easy for endgamers once practiced, nothing too trivial like WW or Akatiti but doable with a very high success rate.

Instead everyone is able to increase the difficulty just by dumping some stats and restricting the usage of certain items. Don't get me wrong, I do like challenging stuff, hence I would want Endless Boss Rush, Halloween Invasion and more to be ported to ranked BUT without better and better items. Using all the OP stuff already feels and behaves like cheating (got blamed yesterday while playing Ember using an Heal Aura ;) )

Sry if i understood wrong.I didnt mean items with better stats (good items) maybe same quality or less or little more better i dont care actually stats quality what i meant is better customization sets. But rare as hell (like ult sea horse,bunny costume). I know too many end game players playing with lesser stats even they can get more for fun.Improvement of stats wont be goal of everyone but better customization items probably will be good goal of end game players who feel like cheating.This thing i am talking about probably required full team of end game players.(More challenging i mean) I was talking Black Mamba about the phoenix after i failed the boss and he said "I failed in my first 5 run after that i've never failed." You said "Ember has been seen as challenge for endgame players by the CDT." but if someone never fails after first 5 run i dont think like its challenging.(Dont take it offensive pls just my opinion).

And the problem is after you get your trans gear game stops for playing starts for FARMING rare items (like ult sea horse). Cause after trans set you could be able to do every map easily very very easily.Tell me if i am wrong There is no point of Farming ult-sup gear or except rarity.These items dont help you to finish any map you failed.

Thing about pew pew pew he has guide which he cleared all game on NM with only 2K stats.If u can finish entire game with 2k, OFC no one want to play with 7-8-9k.It always fells like hacking because game doesnt have any challenging map.If anyone see they cant be able to do map with 5k or less they will farm the gears not for rarity for progress of game.I saw all of end game players trying to farm ULT horse or better because of rarity.IMO this is not funny Farming best dps pet for just rarity (for nothing).Yeah better gear Speeds up the farming but if u Successed it doesnt matter IMO.

These are just my opinions dont take it offensively any of them if i exceed accept my apologise.

NOTE: I'm Sorry for my bad English i hope you understand what i meant.

@EagleOne quote:

@lordmars quote:It should give good items who win that map and if CDT add new very rare items for this map idea it will be new goal for end game players

"I'm like a Phoenix rising from Arizona!"

As for your suggestion, I don't personally like the idea of fighting it twice. Once is more than enough already! Phoenix being re-born and such is a nice pop-culture myth/reference. But having to play the same Boss twice is definitely tedious and boring, challenge or not, harder or not.
And yes, as I said yesterday in chat that I did fail for 5 times back to back before beating it(not a pro + rusty after 2 year break), and never failed since then. But that doesn't mean the map is easy for me after 5 failures! :D Its just that now I'm better at dodging the Phoenix that I avoid mistakes which usually tend to make or break the run! :-)
The only reason Embermount "feels" hard is due to lack of space on the map where you can efficiently dodge the Phoenix. Compare the Ember Phoenix to the recent Halloween Event Phoenix, the latter felt waaaaaaaaay easier becasue there was ample space to effectively dodge and run around on that map, especially on the roof-tops.
On Embermount however, there is just the narrow bridge where you can effectively dodge it without wrecking your towers, that is what brings in the challenge, since there are so many hazards in the map. Also the mob strength in Embermount was significantly higher than that of in the Halloween Event map, so that is the added challenge + the Harbingers.

IMO, CDT should just stop doing anything in the game related to "hard/challenging/rewarding" content becasue there will always be hackers in the game and somehow a certain section of people will always bring up the argument that "XYZ will encourage more hackers", so I think we should just not have any real progress. And as far as I'm concerned we should only focus more on how to tackle a handful of hackers rather than focusing on actual players, becasue that's why CDT was formed -- to not bring new, harder and (possibly more)rewarding content becasue hackers will still keep hacking.

Consider this hypothetical situation where development was focused around hackers and rewards --
Today -- Hey CDT, please remove Embermount coz the map is hard and rewards are good and so hackers are hacking there. Ok, Embermount removed!
2 days later -- Hey CDT, please remove Crystalline Dimension, coz the map is hard and rewards are good and so hackers are hacking there. Ok, Crystalline Dimension removed!
4 days later -- Hey CDT, please remove Akatiti Jungle, coz the map is hard and rewards are good and so hackers are hacking there. Ok, Akatiti Jungle removed!
6 days later -- Hey CDT, please remove Sky City, coz the map is hard and rewards are good and so hackers are hacking there. Ok, Sky City removed!
8 days later -- Hey CDT, please remove Winter Wonderland, coz the map is hard and rewards are good and so hackers are hacking there. Ok, Winter Wonderland removed!

60 days later -- Hey CDT, please remove Deeper Wells, coz the map is hard and rewards are good(since there is nothing else left) and so hackers are hacking there. Ok, Deeper Wells removed!

Enjoy the game now, its hacker free, map free and more importantly rewards free!

@lordmars quote:

You said "Ember has been seen as challenge for endgame players by the CDT." but if someone never fails after first 5 run i dont think like its challenging.

You are right, that's why I said it gets easier once you have run it a few times. It is/was challenging such as Winter Wonderland, Greater Turkey Hunt or Temple O'Love when they have been released [remembering an old thread about ToL - if you are wondering... i've removed my responses after the ***storm I've received ^^] A map is hard as long as you haven't figured a good strategy.

I was replying here because of the statement; "who wins gets good items". I do like challenges as long as they are NOT required to be done to get good items :)

Sidenote: It's me pew pew pew if you didn't know :)

@Black Mamba quote:IMO, CDT should just stop doing anything in the game related to "hard/challenging/rewarding" content becasue there will always be hackers in the game and somehow a certain section of people will always bring up the argument that "XYZ will encourage more hackers", so I think we should just not have any real progress. And as far as I'm concerned we should only focus more on how to tackle a handful of hackers rather than focusing on actual players, becasue that's why CDT was formed -- to not bring new, harder and (possibly more)rewarding content becasue hackers will still keep hacking.

Consider this hypothetical situation where development was focused around hackers and rewards --
Today -- Hey CDT, please remove Embermount coz the map is hard and rewards are good and so hackers are hacking there. Ok, Embermount removed!
2 days later -- Hey CDT, please remove Crystalline Dimension, coz the map is hard and rewards are good and so hackers are hacking there. Ok, Crystalline Dimension removed!
4 days later -- Hey CDT, please remove Akatiti Jungle, coz the map is hard and rewards are good and so hackers are hacking there. Ok, Akatiti Jungle removed!
6 days later -- Hey CDT, please remove Sky City, coz the map is hard and rewards are good and so hackers are hacking there. Ok, Sky City removed!
8 days later -- Hey CDT, please remove Winter Wonderland, coz the map is hard and rewards are good and so hackers are hacking there. Ok, Winter Wonderland removed!

60 days later -- Hey CDT, please remove Deeper Wells, coz the map is hard and rewards are good(since there is nothing else left) and so hackers are hacking there. Ok, Deeper Wells removed!

Enjoy the game now, its hacker free, map free and more importantly rewards free!

This is directed to me isn't it? If it isn't ignore the wall of text below :)

I cannot think of any thread or posts where I've requested to remove content. I also haven't said the CDT isn't allowed to add something challenging [as long as they don't break previous content like it happened with golden enemies; my suggestion was to add new harder flying enemy types for new maps]

RNG on Ember is just as fine [or bad] as on any other map. Yes you have to be more active on Ember than on other maps but isn't it great to be actual in need of doing something during combat phases? "Regular NM maps" get boring pretty fast if you are not playing and talking with friends. All I ask for is stopping to introduce better and better content, certain individuals within the community are able to beat a huge part of the game on NM using a single item, not carrying anything else than one item.

I do like current Ember rewards a lot (although spectre, pony and fenix are way too strong) and I hope next additions will behave similar. The veterans do not need better items especially because of the challenging purpose new content has, the beginners are not forced to run such hard maps to get something decent. Progression has to stop somewhere after hundreds and thousands of hours.

Why would you play Ember anyways?

To have something more interesting to do than being afk during the whole run,
to brag about your success when using some of the brilliant looking items even though they are not the best choices dps-wise.

Why do I come up with the hacker argument over and over again?

I feel we are not in need to fuel ongoing hacking issue by introducing better items (quality and quantity-wise) on maps which are so much harder than previous maps. 

I didnt know that you are pew pew pew but it doesnt matter it gives you good item or bad item game need really good challenging things that anyone cant do with lower than 7k stats it will make people who feel like hacking when using these kind of items (7-8-9k) they will use it withouth feeling bad and it force players to farm ultimates for good reason.IMO i believe like that.
Note: Im sry for my bad english

No, it is directed at hypothetical arguments such as -- "we can't have harder challenges drop equally as much rewarding items becasue there is bound to be someone out there hacking". So people who play legit need to be denied a satisfaction(#) they deserve becasue XYZ person will also hack more. So, its a hypothetical argument aimed to counter another hypothetical argument that is put up anytime someone asks or mentions anything about rewards, better or equal or even less.

# = Everyone has a different perception of "satisfaction". For some it might simply be getting a good quality of X item. And for some it might simply be beating X map on Y difficulty with Z character. Or for some it might be both or neither. We have no right to decide which one it is for whom.

At the end of the day this is simply a PvE game with no real impact on what someone does in their game to anyone else. Given the fact that you have liberty to leave a hacked game or kick the hacker and not trade with someone you suspect to be a hacker. Moreover, if a certain map is indeed dropping high end gear, and if someone doesn't like it, then you can simply drop the item/sell it to tavern-keep and keep enjoying the map however you like it.
I don't see the big issue here considering how much liberty is available in the game to player that want to play it their way. So I don't really understand what your obsession is with hackers. You want to have challenges, that is totally fine by me. But there are plenty who want the challenges to be rewarding to them.

So I'm unfollowing this one coz I made my point pretty clear about how we should not focus on rewards based on what hackers should do or not! :-) And as we both know we can't agree on this one, so yea... <3 <3 :D