What's the deal with the warm-up phase?

its so you wait 20 seconds, for the 10 second start timer, then realize there is no start timer and press G, thinking "why am I an idiot?".

The original system of the timer I think was to give players a chance to join right? it seems redundant now, not really sure of its purpose.

The only thing I've found a use for it is, when I create a game and I'm the only one there to G the warm up when people join after it still assigns all the mana to me so I guess their "fix" to the open to public if you're quick enough.

I used to have to take a jog around the block, do some pushups, maybe some jumping jacks to get warmed up. Now I just have to press G. Thanks Trendy!

It's there as a form of manual control instead of waiting for a map to start. I don't think the game's infrastructure lets them just remove it entirely.

Some of us were asking for something like that, as the old countdown got.... Tiresome in solo/private games. It's not ideal solution, but it's probably saved me personally about 723 hours of waiting so far.

It was to give players time to join the map because the mana is evenly divided among players. If you joined too late you got no mana.

Now they give us the ability to skip that or to wait longer if some people are taking too long.

Most people don't care about the mana any more though and everyone just drops it to whoever has the strongest towers, so just push G and skip the warm up. At some point you'll remember that there is no warm up timer and it will become automatic and save you that 10 seconds.

It's to wait for more players and/or discuss how to build without some walnut pressing G making you rush the building beause he fell head first to the floor when he was born.