Sign in to follow this  
MaJean

Report bugs, but stop complaining about them, they´ll be fixed in due time.

There, I wanted to get that off my chest for some time now. All I read are complaints and more complaints, heck I even complained myself. I´ll take a break from complaining now, because I for one, am super exited to see the cooperation between Trendy and Re-Logic. Never heard of Re-Logic or Terraria before, but I can tell they are visionaries, and have a ton of great ideas, so I´m definetely HYPED for this. 

I am 100% sure Trendy wants all the bugs to be fixed just as much as we do, so why should we whine about them in the meantime? It´s exhausting to be a part of, or to read about. Report them buggers, and move on... 

End game for us veterans, will come too, that´s something I REALLY look forward to.

Take a break from the game, if all it is, is a reason to become negative over bugs or any other thing for that matter. Yes, some of the bugs have been around for ages, and should definetely be retired by now, but then again, if the game annoys you, take a break, untill they are fixed. Because- They will be fixed. To quote a once GREAT band:

"All we need is just a little patience."

M.

@mindlessdefender quote:

I think zimmer the only one complaining about them.  I have not seen any topics made lately complaining about bugs either.  Other then topics showing that bugs are being fixed.

This thread was NOT about singling anyone out. It was just generally speaking.

I'd honestly like people to stop complaining about anything they've confirmed is happening, at least until the next wave of info comes out.

Multiplayer Lag? They're on it. It's not an overnight fix.

Revamp? On it. It's a massive undertaking. It will take time, and it won't launch as a perfect solution. We can talk about it more then.

Bugs? Those are eternal. They'll fix them. More will pop up with patches. They'll fix them too. 

Inventory? On it.

Acknowledging the problem is one thing, but pointing it out over and over and over is just... Blah. Let's talk about actual game mechanics and ways they can improve the experience instead of point stuff out we already know. It's not helping anyone.

Follow up: I'd say it actually hurts to stay aggressive like this. Have you ever had a situation where someone was hovering over your shoulder impatiently waiting for you to accomplish a task? It's stressful, and makes you more prone to making a new mistake.

I always read about games that were rushed out and how the community THEN moans about how they should have taken more time, but it was that same community that whined when the game might have been delayed prior to launch.

If they say they're aware and working on, it probably benefits everyone, even you, to give them room to work.

Saying things like "oh but they keep releasing new content instead of fixes" is also wrong. Stop speculating. Unless you actually work there and sit in on meetings, stop making claims like that. It's insulting.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

One of the long time bugs that really needs to be fixed is Sharken not appearing in my game.

That really needs to be a priority.

Use the bug reporting site!

@Vagnar quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

One of the long time bugs that really needs to be fixed is Sharken not appearing in my game.

Use the bug reporting site!

Why thankyou kind sir, hopefully this gets rectified sooner than later.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Who knows...maybe one day. Just one day. We'll see themsquire_small.png

I do find it odd that a Florida based company, especially in Gainesville, lacks proper water monster representation in their game. No sharks, NO GATORS? Why no Manatees? 

@Yoeblue quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

Who knows...maybe one day. Just one day. We'll see themsquire_small.png

Oh, so it's a global problem and not just me?

Well there you go now it definitely needs to be seriously looked into.

Guys there are actually very few bug related Topics, specifically complaining about Trendy not fixing them. There are however plenty of posts (many by me) complaining about bugs in relation to the Halloween patch as well as the new announced patch for the 15th of Nov.

Now regarding my comments only 

Every single comment/complaint I made was before the bug list was posted, and since then I have commended them on their action.

Now just so everyone understand the environment pre bug fix announcement. We had bugs continuously being reported, then re-reported, for months, then finally we received a bug report website, where it seemed all previous bugs had to be re-re-reported to that to have any chance of them being fixed. Week 2 of the website resulted in 1 fixed bug, that didn't work... week 3 of the website resulted in a bug fix that was in fact a "work around", that had always been there... (I had used that work around since the bug first occurred).

Now that you have that environment you can understand, 2 months of no nagging tower/hero bug fixing and very few fixes in general, and then 3 weeks into the new system we have 2 fixes that were not actual fixes.. my confidence of their ability to rectify the problems was at an all time low. 

If I am guilty of anything, its pessimism, which frankly I see as realism based on the available data. Now lets be clear, I did not think they would never fix any bugs, I thought they had bugs at the bottom of the "to-do-list".

Finally that fantastic bug fix list was reported, and since I am not complaining for fun I see no reason to complain at present. So Majean I would disagree but respect the sentiments of this topic as a fair view of the situation if it was posted pre "bug report announcement", but its seeing this whole situation with 20/20 hind sight now that we all know bugs will get fixed. Now its nice you are positive, and for all I know you have always felt this way, but I would have liked to have seen such a topic or at least some opposition to my "negativity" before we got the positive news from Trendy from others, other then just Vagnar who is an eternal optimist :D

Hope this makes my negative posts appear a little more justified, and I know there are a few others that also felt not enough was being done regarding bugs, though they are a little less active on the forums or approach it with a bit of "cheesy" comedy gobu.

A side note, 

Complaining about bugs, is bug reporting. Please keep complaining, though now with the new bug report system you can post them there. In some cases (multi-buff bugs) posting there was resulting in "rejections" so in those cases, bring evidence to the forums, complain and get it noticed. 

[[94093,users]] reported 30+ bugs some regarding multi-buffing, he and I were having our bug reports rejected on this topic (not blaming Trendy, could have been the wording etc). I complained on the forums, added a video, rereported the bug (with better wording) and its now on the "to-do-list". Sometimes life gets complicated, but complaining and reporting is making this game better. 

Trendy are human, they need to be persuaded a bug is indeed a bug, and sometimes thats not clear on each report.

@Zimmermann quote:

Complaining about bugs, is bug reporting. Please keep complaining, though now with the new bug report system you can post them there. In some cases (multi-buff bugs) posting there was resulting in "rejections" so in those cases, bring evidence to the forums, complain and get it noticed. 

Dreamanime reported 30+ bugs some regarding multi-buffing, he and I were having our bug reports rejected on this topic (not blaming Trendy, could have been the wording etc). I complained on the forums, added a video, rereported the bug (with better wording) and its now on the "to-do-list". Sometimes life gets complicated, but complaining and reporting is making this game better. 

Trendy are human, they need to be persuaded a bug is indeed a bug, and sometimes thats not clear on each report.

Bugs can rejected for a variety of reasons, if you feel if there's an issue and the rejection was unwarranted, by all means leave a comment or report again with further information - we're pretty good at accessing bug reports but nobody is perfect. I'm happy to listen carefully to folks that disagree with me especially about bugs or issues impacting the game.

However, having been and coming from the community here on the forums, I have noticed a distinct trend in the past year of discussing bugs in general and using their existence in a negative light to unfairly criticise the game and the developers. This isn't the first time I've heard folks accuse us of not fixing bugs or ignoring bugs or not finding or seeing or acknowledging bugs.

This is why I supported the new bug reporting system - the visibility is designed to show folks that bugs sourced from the community do get addressed and acknowledged.

So, we've provided a place for the discussion of bugs - that same place allows us to gather information from multiple sources and allows us to ask questions and gather additional information when needed. With that in mind, seeing folks here repeatedly bring up "the game has bugs" and using that an excuse to be negative and salty isn't helping anyone. We all want to see the game improve, right? So why keep doing this to ourselves?

Going forward, I want the community here to stop taking every opportunity  to be salty. Don't like our new content? Fine. Asking why we are doing that instead of fixing bugs is just silly. Outright stupid even. Bug fixing is a never ending thing, every single update we've ever made has a ton of bug fixes - we've never released a content update that didn't have substantial amount in all honesty. New content instead of end game? Nope - we've announced we're working on that separately for a release afterwards. Inventory? Loot? Same story, we're working on it, it takes time and we've set our schedule for it and we've announced it in advance to let you know it's coming.

The thing is, I respect everyone here, because, despite the salt, and the arguments and the occasionally unwarranted negativity (and maybe even the warranted!), you folks have stood by us, and at the core everyone here just wants to make the game and the experience better, even if we all disagree about the best way to do it, the schedule, the methods or a million other things.

So please, direct folks to our new bug site. Use it. Keep it out of here and the rest of the forums. If we get it wrong, tell us. We'll listen.

And thanks.

@Dani quote:

salty!

Without salt we goblins could not live in the forest, gobu. It is essential for our survival to have enough of it on our dishes like bugs and frogs and fishes gobu.

Visiting the forum provides a whole legion with enough salt. If this would go away thousend of goblins would die! Please think about all these goblin children too, gobu!

+1820 goblins support this too

[[150185,users]] lol. I wouldn't say I'm an optimist. There's a handful of things that cheese me off right now. I just try to remember that this stuff takes time and I don't have any power in what happens, nor am I the one doing it. I'm here to enjoy the game and give feedback that hopefully helps shape the game.

I just have to remember that TE is a game dev that's been around a while, and I trust they have a gameplan. They want the game to succeed more than any of us. I'm here by my own free will, and can stop playing/supporting on my own free will, so I'd rather focus on the positive aspects and helping shape the game while pointing out problems, but not dwelling on them. 

Dani ok its clear what I have said appears unfair, and maybe it is.

But can we all please just remember further back then the last 3 days and the circumstances leading up to this negativity regarding bugs.

Take Dark Altar, I mean that place was a nightmare with the first attempt exposing glaring bugs. It was so bad, I actually couldn't believe it was tested even after the Devstream categorically stated "we tested it thoroughly and found nothing". I was just thinking, "no thats a lie, its literally impossible to not notice bugs there if you did it thoroughly". So there I would agree I was unfairly critical of the devs.

Unfortunately I seem to like classes and defenses that are either underpowered or have had some bad luck with bugs (amped up bug, frosty bug, sky dragons fury dps bug, SGT's 1 projectile bug, even my blockades were bugged for a short period). It was getting to the point where bugs were a standard part of my gaming experience, climaxing with the Erupt multi-buffing fiasco. So again, I think I have an overly negative view compared to the majority of the player base regarding bugs.

Anyway with all of that said, those kinds of experiences generate negative feedback, its not us being negative and horrible for the fun of it, far from it. But I also agree, some of us including myself may just be getting to negative due to our limited scope on the game, where we experience the same problems over and over.

Anyway, I really don't want to be that irritating guy that makes people at Trendy or anywhere feel bad, so for that I apologize. I will try and keep posting bug reports, and if everything goes well this new website will end this topic for good :)

So many things I could comment on but so many things I could get in trouble for saying >.<

I'll just put it this way, keep using that new system.  It has already prompted some change and will continue to do so.  I can't say what without getting myself in trouble, but you can already see some impact the feedback and usage has had recently.  This system has had a very positive impact and believe it or not, we do appreciate you and others using it.

I can say this though about the whole rejected bug thing you mentioned before.  The biggest reason for rejections is a lack of information.  Repro steps that are 100% guaranteed to cause your bug and are easy to read go a LONG way.  I also occasionally look through that list and if something sounds promising enough with clear information, I WILL investigate it if Petire hasn't beaten me to it (that dude is a bug-crushing monster!).  And yes, I have looked into a few of those bugs on the new site to see if they were still happening in the upcoming patch in my own free time and even spent a night hiding on live to look at a few bugs from that site to help out and keep information updated.

I think the biggest thing the player base doesn't really know or see is the sheer amount of things that crop up when adding new content.  For every 1 bug that sneaks by, there are easily hundreds more that are dealt with before going live.  And of those few that get by, usually a good half are known and slatted to be hotfixed.  The stuff that truly sneaks by us is the oddball things.  If we are getting ready to release a new hero, a new map, a new incursion and so on (like we are on the 15th), RQA will be spending a vast majority of their time on those things.  So yes, there is a blindspot there.  I admit I won't sit around generating passive perfect heroes and play each and every one looking for misbehaving spheres, passives, faulty interactions and so on.  That's time consuming (really really time consuming in fact) and pulls my attention drastically away from making sure the new stuff going in isn't full of worse things.  And when you guys do find some of that, I cringe a little and sink my teeth into making sure it has a report put in.  It's why my friends list on my main steam account has some 200 random dd2 players.  I love it when you guys let me know something REALLY messed up we missed.  And that infinite stacking damage bug is definitely one that struck a chord with me.

As for other stuff concerning what I personally have been doing; I think I can get away with saying this... that new incursion is hella fun and quite possibly my favorite so far.  I'm hyped for you guys to see it on the next dev stream and play it not too shortly after.

@MaJean quote:

There, I wanted to get that off my chest for some time now. All I read are complaints and more complaints, heck I even complained myself. I´ll take a break from complaining now, because I for one, am super exited to see the cooperation between Trendy and Re-Logic. Never heard of Re-Logic or Terraria before, but I can tell they are visionaries, and have a ton of great ideas, so I´m definetely HYPED for this. 

I am 100% sure Trendy wants all the bugs to be fixed just as much as we do, so why should we whine about them in the meantime? It´s exhausting to be a part of, or to read about. Report them buggers, and move on... 

End game for us veterans, will come too, that´s something I REALLY look forward to.

Take a break from the game, if all it is, is a reason to become negative over bugs or any other thing for that matter. Yes, some of the bugs have been around for ages, and should definetely be retired by now, but then again, if the game annoys you, take a break, untill they are fixed. Because- They will be fixed. To quote a once GREAT band:

"All we need is just a little patience."

M.

Game meta constists from bugs and abuse mostly now.That's why I,for example want them to fix it before adding new stuff.
And..i'm dissapointed about it again...it happens every patch with new stuff...they don't fix old bugs,but add even more new.
So I'd better continue complain everywhere,maybe that will add some chances they'll think about it.

@Rose quote

And..i'm dissapointed about it again...it happens every patch with new stuff...they don't fix old bugs,but add even more new.
So I'd better continue complain everywhere,maybe that will add some chances they'll think about it.

*facepalm*

@Exo dus quote:

@Rose quote

*facepalm*

Triple_Mega_Facepalm_(when_even_a_double

------

meh i never compained about bugs... and wont start now... i know those things take time to be fixed for those who complain try to make a game and start fixing a big amount of bugs... one game in example "Dirty Bomb" did something Called "summer Squash" where they just Fix bugs balance things and optimizations 1almost month per patch

@Terror En Pie quote:

@Exo dus quote:

@Rose quote

*facepalm*

Triple_Mega_Facepalm_(when_even_a_double

------

meh i never compained about bugs... and wont start now... i know those things take time to be fixed for those who complain try to make a game and start fixing a big amount of bugs... one game in example "Dirty Bomb" did something Called "summer Squash" where they just Fix bugs balance things and optimizations 1almost month per patch

Guess you just don't know how much time most bugs exist and how realy much time they need to fix it.
I started playing it on pre-alpha (almost since release in steam)...and...some bugs still not fixed(from pre-alpha).
I'm ok with it...i want them at least to fix realy serious bugs which people can and will abuse to do everythin' much more simple.
But they usualy don't.They didn't last rewamp(and even before it) and i don't see it now.
I don't feel like i wanna see people abusing buffs to do everythin' with Vulcano build(for example) in our future "hard" as they promise diff-ty.(But it always was like it every rewamp.)
If you don't wanna complain-don't do it,why should i care :)
More people complain about important bugs - more chances to force trendy to take attention on this bugs at first priority.

@Vagnar quote:

Rose Did you read the whole topic before posting? That's why the facepalm. 

Topic yep,comments partially.
Want me to comment topic and what i think about it?

If you feel you must. It's just... Everything you said was addressed by devs in the topic. If you don't like a big, report it on the new site. It's there to bring attention. It's what bug haters have been asking for. Use it. It's already accomplished a lot and hopefully will continue to do so. Complaining about bugs on the forum now is kind of pointless unless they literally say "Oh we aren't fixing that."