[WTR] Myself for Hacking

Not sure where to put this, so I'll put it in the most visible area. I started hacking around two months past the point in time where Lab came out, and quit about two months or less later. It didn't take me long to figure out tricks to get by undetected, and I managed to get a lot of things, events included, by simply typing some numbers. I created easily four hundred or more hacked diamonds, some going straight to the vendor.

I'm reporting myself because I've never gotten over the guilt, and I feel bad to doing that to so many of my close friends. I have given all my events away and those will be either sold or kept depending on the seller's deciding. If Trendy views it as unfair for me to give them away, I will have them all vendored, even though the majority are direct traces to me.

To bury myself completely, I would also like to add that I bought my Isom and my extra Love using out of game currency. I also knowingly sold items for out of game currency, knowing also that they were hacked. I request that my account here on the forums and in game be banned, and I apologize for doing that to the community.

Know that for the majority of my five years playing, I have been completely clean. I started obsessing over self farming items because I didn't want anything hacked on my account anymore. My account has been purged of all hacked items to my remembrance. I also apologize for the more recent outburst where I attempted to charge for giveaways. That was also wrong. I know now  that all these things are wrong, but I can't fix the past. I hope you remember me for the good things I did, not for the tainted reputation I now have.

For the last time, with love and apology to all my dear old friends,

Person Man

Witch hunting isn't allowed on the forums, even if you're hunting yourself. :p

If you really want to you can send in a report to the help desk. Otherwise, if you want to reform you can just discard any illegitimate items and we'll call it even.

Not my place to judge anyone, but your response kinda puts me off, Alhanalem.
I'm sure there are plenty of other people who would like to "reform" after hacking/duping/cheating/whatever and getting banned for it.
You hacked, means you hacked, there's nothing else left to reform. Especially after he is saying he sold gear for out-of game real currency/items. That's the stuff the DDMana guys do. Its far worse than someone who was totally unaware of hacked stuff and got banned for having it, and there are plenty of such people. I appreciate him coming out, but that doesn't change facts.

Don't keep different yardsticks for people known to the community, sets a bad precedence.

I don't keep different yardsticks for anyone. What are you tralking about? what bad precedent?

I can not act on someone claiming they are a hacker. It could just as easily be a made up story, or a compromised account by someone else trying to get the person in trouble,, or a "suicide by cop" situation where someone for whatever weird reason wants to see punishment meted on them because they don't want to play the game or be a part of the community anymore (in which case, the appropriate action is to simply leave if that's what one really wants)

people are liking your  post but you and they don't understand the problem with this. I can not ban someone or report them for claiming they are a hacker. There is no evidence or proof other than them saying they are a hacker. I am treating this the same way I would treat anyone else claiming somebody is a hacker. It needs to be reported in the proper place and not on the forums.

I am sorry you don't like my response but other than the slight bit of humor thrown in, it was an appropriate response. I am treating him the same as I would anyone else trying to report a hacker on the forums. This is not the place to report hackers, even if the hacker is yourself. The reason I wrote that last bit about reforming is because I can not put him "behind bars" for claiming to be a hacker- Therefore, if he really is hacking, he has a chance to clean up his account before he gets caught doing it again. And if he isn't really hacking, then I haven't gotten an innocent person banned (or an unscrupulous one what he wanted)

@Black Mamba quote:
    Not my place to judge anyone, but your response kinda puts me off, Alhanalem.
    I'm sure there are plenty of other people who would like to "reform" after hacking/duping/cheating/whatever and getting banned for it.
    You hacked, means you hacked, there's nothing else left to reform. Especially after he is saying he sold gear for out-of game real currency/items. That's the stuff the DDMana guys do. Its far worse than someone who was totally unaware of hacked stuff and got banned for having it, and there are plenty of such people. I appreciate him coming out, but that doesn't change facts.

Don't keep different yardsticks for people known to the community, sets a bad precedence.

You said:

If you really want to you can send in a report to the help desk. Otherwise, if you want to reform you can just discard any illegitimate items and we'll call it even.

The first line of your comment is obviously a humorous one.
My concern and reason for my post was with the underlined part, I don't see what is the joke in that.
That is what is setting a bad precedence, becasue saying "get reformed and discard any hacked items and you're good to go" is a bit odd coming from a mod(don't mid the rhyme). Becasue I'm sure there are plenty of people banned for one offense and for having outrageously hacked gear, and they too would love to get "reformed" and start fresh. Which really means you can get away with hacking as long as you've delete your hacked gear after you are caught or after you have acknowledged that you were hacking. 

There was really no need to mention that, Alhanalem. Again, not my place to judge you or anyone, especially considering you've been the mod on here for what 5 years now? To me it just felt a bit out of place that you are willing to give hackers a second chance, even more so if they are well-known members of the community.

I don't know how or why a person will make a post like this, unless they are caught by someone and therefore trying to cover-up by coming out clean. Sympathy-baiting IMO. Unless his forum account is hacked and someone is misusing that(in that case I'd redact my posts with an apology).

I'll end it as this. Thanks. :-)

My concern and reason for my post was with the underlined part, I don't see what is the joke in that.
That is what is setting a bad precedence,

There is no bad precedence here. As I said, I can not punish him for posting here and claiming to be a hacker. So basically what I wrote was the equivalent of "Well, if you're really a hacker, you should probably stop now before somebody else DOES report you."

There is nothing wrong with saying that. I want hackers to be punished. I simply can't act on this poster for claiming to be a hacker. It's as simple as that. I'm not setting any kind of precedent, and if another user reports him, then he will get in trouble. If they don't, well it is up to him to either stop hacking if he is a hacker, get himself caught in the act if he really wants to be banned (as anyone else would if they did this), or stop posting if he isn't.

This is not intended to be a message saying "if you are a hacker you won't get in trouble," which is what I think you're concerened about. This is a message saying "I can not stop you right here and now, so, if I were you, I'd clean up your act."

I hope I've made myself more clear here.

@Alhanalem quote:

I'm a little surprised I'm not getting banned after just trying to get revenue off of the event item giveaways, which is documented on the forums. Now, while I do know that I was given leniency because of my newly discovered disorder, I'd think that a second offense would get you banned. I guess I won't push for being banned, but this at least lets the community know. I couldn't keep lying, and I know some people will be angry.

So I guess overall, thanks? I'll probably keep playing with anyone who's willing to play with me still, starting with new gear and whatnot.

Its is really sad that you still want to play Person, after selling gear for out of game currency, hacked gear at that.

This is what I was saying Alhanalem, setting a bad precedence and going lenient. But whatever.

@Black Mamba quote:

Its is really sad that you still want to play Person, after selling gear for out of game currency, hacked gear at that.

This is what I was saying Alhanalem, setting a bad precedence and going lenient. But whatever.

This has nothing to do with being lenient- Even if it was someone else posting about this person, that would be a violation of the forum rules. Witch hunting is not allowed on the forums, ever. Not for this person or anyone else. I'm not setting any kind of bad precedent (not precedence, btw). I am following the forum rules by which we are all bound. You or him or someone needs to report him through the proper channels. If he is indeed cheating in some way, it will be properly handled by Ice or someone else at that time.

Until then, there is nothing I can do. These rules apply to everyone, no matter what. This does not in any way set a "bad precedent", because the rules are being applied equally and fairly to everyone.

Want to report a cheating user? By all means, go do so- you can find the proper channel here: https://trendyent.zendesk.com/hc/en-us. But this isn't the place for it, end of story. You can not be banned from the game by posting on the forums and asking to be, nor can you get banned by someone else calling you out on the forums. This is the way we've always handled witch-hunt threads and it is the way we will continue to handle them in the future. This kind of behavior is generally forbidden on most forums/sites/games.

Consider playing some DD2 Person.

No temptation to hack there.

Harder to obsess over perfect gear and no event items.

The game needs people willing to play and participate in constructive assistance / criticism and positive ideas. You are already on the defence council after all.

@mkjo quote:

The game needs people willing to play and participate in constructive assistance / criticism and positive ideas. You are already on the defence council after all.

There is no use of the Defense Council it's just an image that's what i've been told 

@kg4q quote:

@mkjo quote:

There is no use of the Defense Council it's just an image that's what i've been told 

I know. The DC has been dead for some time but it started as a group of Trendy loving defenders that wanted to contribute to DD2.

Alhanalem

i Agree with your point when you said:

"Well, if you're really a hacker, you should probably stop now before somebody else DOES report you"

but Person is here to tell the truth and apologies for it and there is nothing wrong with that you don't see alot of ppl do that at all.

Person Man

it is ok man don't mind the past since you regret , Also don't ask for a banned cuz non want you banned at all 

No matter what you did you're still the Person man that we all know , ik that you are a decent guy even before i add to my friend list .

@Black Mamba quote:

Maybe yes he did hack but he's not like those as*holes that hack all the time with no shame trying to ruin the game and doesn't regret anything .

yes he did hack my words doesn't change that at all so if he's going to be or not it's not up to me i'll leave it to the dev's

@kg4q quote:

Alhanalem

i Agree with your point when you said:

"Well, if you're really a hacker, you should probably stop now before somebody else DOES report you"

but Person is here to tell the truth and apologies for it and there is nothing wrong with that you don't see alot of ppl do that at all.

Person Man

it is ok man don't mind the past since you regret , Also don't ask for a banned cuz non want you banned at all 

No matter what you did you're still the Person man that we all know , ik that you are a decent guy even before i add to my friend list .

@Black Mamba quote:

Maybe yes he did hack but he's not like those as*holes that hack all the time with no shame trying to ruin the game and doesn't regret anything .

that's why he's still the person man that ik and nothing will change that 

I agree!

i have to say i don't have the right to say that he shouldn't be banned or not he did yes hack 

so that's up to the Dev's to decide 

I don't think people understand that I don't have the power to ban people from the game.

How many times do I have to say it? If you want to be banned or want to get someone else banned, you need to report them. That's all there is to it. There is a place for that, and that place is not here.