Singleplayer/Splitcreen offline mode to boost CPU performance

Does anybody else think the DD2 devs should add an offline mode to help maximize CPU performance when playing in private tavern either alone or splitscreen? I feel like the Devs' decision to create an 'always online' experience penalizes the players who are not interested in playing with others online, in that CPU performance takes a massive hit. 

@bryce_atkinson quote:

Does anybody else think the DD2 devs should add an offline mode to help maximize CPU performance when playing in private tavern either alone or splitscreen? I feel like the Devs' decision to create an 'always online' experience penalizes the players who are not interested in playing with others online, in that CPU performance takes a massive hit. 

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong - but I believe the reason why offline mode isn't/won't be a thing is because the character files and such are on Trendy's server side rather than being stored local on your computer so you always need to be online to connect to Trendy's server and retrieve your characters and such.  This way players can't hack the **** out of their gear.

You could have an offline mode with a different save than online mode.

I think it was like that in DD1, offline mode didn't give achievements, and you could transfer your data from online mode to offline mode, but not the reverse.

It still could work in DD2.  Some people would play local coop in splitscreen, and if they hack, that wouldn't contaminate the community. And some people just don't care about multiplayer or achievements and just want to play at home and solo. And if they want to cheat, so what?

I am glad the multiplayer is server side to combat hackers and cheating. However, I would like to see an offline mode implemented that is separate from online mode. I mostly play solo and the lag that results in rubberbanding all over the map is very frustrating.  

Another reason I would like to see a separate offline mode is if the server goes dark due to low revenues, dropped support or whatever else, we could no longer play DD2.

Never say never, but right now our goal is to ensure the online experience is the best it can be for everyone. Hacking and cheating soured the experience for thousands of players in our past game and we're proud to say that we've avoided that issue in Dungeon Defenders II thus far.

@Dani quote:

Never say never, but right now our goal is to ensure the online experience is the best it can be for everyone. Hacking and cheating soured the experience for thousands of players in our past game and we're proud to say that we've avoided that issue in Dungeon Defenders II thus far.

OK, I  understand this. Hopefully at release we could see offline mode

@Dani quote:

we're proud to say that we've avoided that issue in Dungeon Defenders II thus far.

As far as y'all know, MWAHAHAHA! *rolls back into cave*