Terraria & Dungeon Defenders 2 Crossover!

gYskGXe.jpg

Surprise! Terraria and Dungeon Defenders 2 are crossing over! PC Gamer has more information here. We’ll have more details for you in a blog tomorrow and over the coming weeks.

We’re excited about Phase 2 of our plan! The goal behind the Terraria update is to get lots of exposure for our game. More people playing = the more we can develop. We’re also gathering lots of great data on our early game changes from The Journey Begins update, and with this update, we’ll have more data to look at from other kinds of new players. And, of course, it’s just really awesome for DD2 to be in one of our favorite games, and they’re just as excited to see Terraria content in a game they love. (In fact, they’re the ones who reached out to us first! They have hundreds of hours in DD2! *fanboys*)

So be nice to the new people. If you see anyone in the Heroes Marketplace asking for help, be sure to lend them a helping hand. We hope you dig the new content, and we’re excited to share more details on our endgame changes.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well damn. I'm loving the sprite work. Can I have them? :D
This leaves me with lots of questions...

• The Dryad uses a sword. How does it work? Does she have a ranged attack like monk?
  • She transforms in the trailer. Will that be an ability of hers? Will it be a toggle ability? Is it tied to her resource?
  • New Gear is mentioned. A new tier? Higher Ipwr range? New gear for the mystic? New passives? What's new?
  • New maps. Others besides the ones already teased?
  • Vanity items. DD2 plant simulator confirmed? :D
  • And More. Now that's just mean! Tell us!

Well I´ll be damned... I didn´t see this coming. I never played Terraria before, and I must say it looks like an addictive game, just like DD2. Very excited for this!

I think she stole someone's Meowmere XD (are you adding Meowmere to the loot table for melee drops? if so, for the love of all that's holy, make it soundless)

Anyways, I can't wait. Terraria is love, Terraria is life.    Emoji_Witherbeast.png

Hey, but why the driad, of all the Terraria's NPCs? She's supposed to be the peaceful one, always nagging about cleansing the world of corruption and stuff like that. Also, if you guys are happy with the crossover, can we count on more NPCs appearing in DD2?

@westenra quote:

Hey, but why the driad, of all the Terraria's NPCs? She's supposed to be the peaceful one, always nagging about cleansing the world of corruption and stuff like that.

You answered your own question. She's going to help cleanse the world of the old ones.

Meowmere! Duke Fishron! DRYAD! WINGS?!

So much stuff I want. You guys have opened Pandora's Box here though, as now I totally want some world building/editing tools.

[[4370,users]] I'm just going to say this now. If Gunwitch doesn't get the S.D.M.G. I will be very, very sad.

Worked this out awhile back.

https://dungeondefenders.com/1/topic/140995/so-the-big-thing-is

So I'm definitely not surprised.

It's a cool addition and I like the Dryad. So I will keep an eye on this big thing and see if it starts addressing the RNG with this new loot. New map, new character is all well and good, but if the loot is still trash I'm not going to have any incentive to farm it for long.

This is good for Trendy to get new players in, the game certainly needed that. It just means more players to crush when phase 3 hits.

Don't get me wrong, this kinda content is nice and all, but what about the core mechanics of the game? What about all the bugs that need fixing? What about the barbarian that's been sitting at the character creation screen for ages? What about balancing the existing classes. What about........ there's so many more other things that need attention.

I just don't get Trendy's priorities all that much. I feel like there are so many other things they should be focusing on now instead of crossovers like this.

- a passionate DD2 player

@Koudspeel quote:

Don't get me wrong, this kinda content is nice and all, but what about the core mechanics of the game? What about all the bugs that need fixing? What about the barbarian that's been sitting at the character creation screen for ages? What about balancing the existing classes. What about........ there's so many more other things that need attention.

I just don't get Trendy's priorities all that much. I feel like there are so many other things they should be focusing on now instead of crossovers like this.

Thing is, they said they've been working on this for a long time. And they EVEN said. Everyone would be satisfied. but i'm not really satisfied with the information we have.Maybe later down the line I would but not right now .BUT. I want actual fixes.At this point Fixes and balances( fixing end game etc..) should be happening before additions. Once they've done that. THEN . They can go onto adding more content to the game

@iamisom quote:

So be nice to the new people. If you see anyone in the Heroes Marketplace asking for help, be sure to lend them a helping hand....

Nice! I will show them all the the good food places, gobu.

Hope they bring new tasty stuff with them for me to sample <3

The legion needs new provision!!!! Gobu!Emoji_Kobalt.pngEmoji_Huntress.pngEmoji_Goblin.png

@Yoeblue quote:

@Koudspeel quote:

Thing is, they said they've been working on this for a long time. And they EVEN said. Everyone would be satisfied. but i'm not really satisfied with the information we have.Maybe later down the line I would but not right now .BUT. I want actual fixes.At this point Fixes and balances( fixing end game etc..) should be happening before additions. Once they've done that. THEN . They can go onto adding more content to the game

"Everyone" is obviously a statement to be taken with a grain of salt lol. That's an unachievable goal. I'm pretty dang stoked myself. I still want other fixes they've confirmed are in process, but mixing it up is welcome. 

@Vagnar quote:

iamisom I'm just going to say this now. If Gunwitch doesn't get the S.D.M.G. I will be very, very sad.

You're on to something here...

@oliwaltony quote:

@Vagnar quote:

@Javahawk quote:

@Vagnar quote:

iamisom I'm just going to say this now. If Gunwitch doesn't get the S.D.M.G. I will be very, very sad.

... I can die with no regerts now.

Call me noob if you want, but what "S.D.M.G." mean? 

Space dolphin machine gun

And don't worry, I've played Terraria and still had to look up that acronym.

I told myself I was only going to buy EV, Summoner, and Barbarian (core DD1 Heroes), then sit back for a bit.  But darned if the Dryad doesn't look like fun.  On the other hand, I retain hope that DPS Huntress will be able to compete eventually, and don't want to abandon her :(

@CollectorOfBolts quote:

@oliwaltony quote:

@Vagnar quote:

@Javahawk quote:

@Vagnar quote:

... I can die with no regerts now.

Call me noob if you want, but what "S.D.M.G." mean? 

Space dolphin machine gun

And don't worry, I've played Terraria and still had to look up that acronym.

Oh, thanks! I never played terraria so I didnt knew the reference x) Plus english isnt my first language so I have to google most of acronyms people post and sometimes I can't figure things out ahaha. 

No worries lol. Terraria is jam packed with whacky weapons. But... This one in particular needs to happen, so I'm beyond hyped.

I realllly hope she flies on it during Vroom Broom.

@Vagnar quote:

No worries lol. Terraria is jam packed with whacky weapons. But... This one in particular needs to happen, so I'm beyond hyped.

Meowmere's being added (we can assume), so I think it wouldn't be wrong to guess it's getting added...

My favorite weapons, Vampire Knives and Scourge of Corruption, probably won't be added because of their nature. RIP.

@Gengarian quote:

@Vagnar quote:

Meowmere's being added (we can assume), so I think it wouldn't be wrong to guess it's getting added...

My favorite weapons, Vampire Knives and Scourge of Corruption, probably won't be added because of their nature. RIP.

Yeah i always loved the Vampire Knives, BUT, they definitely fit Terraria gameplay more than DD2, so I could see them not making the cut, but they could be added as a Mystic weapon, throwing them as the alt fire and have a life steal functionality.

Just now noticed Eye of Cthulu zip by at the end of the trailer.

What are these emotions I'm feeling?!

You guys better fix the multiple builder lag before these new players start rolling in. It'll be a huge turn off for them.

https://bugs.dungeondefenders2.com/home/bug/80/multiple-builder-lag-issue

I'd much rather see dev time spent on core problems with the game, rather than another cash grab, but whatever I guess. I'm not going to buy it, until I see *** that matters to me start to be addressed rather than endless heroes and ignoring blatant gameplay issues.