Sign in to follow this  
Kuugen

Event Re-Runs

@Plane quote:

The CDT is already making maps balanced around their stats.  The phoenix is basically designed for rainmaker.

The phoenix is designed more around team play or a harder challenge for solo.  A rainmaker definitely makes it easier for sure but is not required.

@Atherial quote:

Also i have to agree with everyone here bringing back events that have a set value from the past would be a terrible idea for the market i have already done a detailed break down of the economy and how it is dieing and without assistance (not gonna happen due to play count) will continue on this route. in that analysis i stated that event items are the only item that can properly retain a set value for the eternity of the game. meaning that with re-runs that would be false making the market unstable. if you likethe cummonity on the forums trading please don't kill it faster by re-running events.

Also i have always felt that the item is not important it is the fun yo have running the event like i say i don't want to use a RM since i like bloodshots  more.

Before you call me one of those people that is a elitist about wanting his events to stay the same price (which i do have event items that would drop) notice first that i only got into the PC vertion of this game about 1 1/2 years ago (though i did play the mobile about 6 years ago) so i never had the chance to run any of these events meaning i got all my events through trading items. and one lucky giveaway for my steig.

I would personally also like this since i really don't care about the market of the game that much anymore and need a ton of event acc (kraken's good eye, etc) but i care for the community and don't want the market to collapse any faster.

have a good day

> Atherial

While trading is a big thing for some in this game, I dont think everything should be determined based on its effect on the economy. I would say that while event items have a designated value determined by the community, which has varied greatly over the years for many reasons, they are not made with trading in mind. The event maps are designed to bring an extra bit of fun in playing with others and the items themselves are more for remembrance and cosmetics/usability that players can enjoy rather than for investment purposes.  

That being said, you cant always ignore the effect something may have on the economy either since it is a part of the game some enjoy. You have to try and balance for all which is a very tough thing to do.

On the Rainmaker issue, I have to chip in my opinion.
I've played the recent Event map WITHOUT the Rainmaker coz I had loaned it(on Open) to a few friends, Plane here included. 2/4 of my runs I've played without it. I personally felt that it is most certainly not needed to whack the Phoenix. It makes things go faster but its not needed. Therefore a similar case can be made that most higher end maps are also designed around Ult/+/++ gear in mind. Simply becasue you can very well clear the game with Myth & Trans gear. Its the same argument, Ult/+/++ gear isn't needed, it only helps things go faster.

I've always been against the idea of extremely OP event items, they spoil you, they just simply do. I have been spoiled by the Rainmaker personally. Spoiling can be anything -- from taking away the fun of farming a particular item, to just making you an overall scrub should you lose access to that item. For me, thankfully, its the former to an extent! :D

So having said that, I loved the recent event items, they aren't terribly low-level, but at the same time aren't terribly OP either just the right kind of balance. My idea of Event Items has been around two points -- they should be fun to use and they should look unique(or good). Where "good" can be defined as sexy, classy, hilarious, obnoxiously hilarious, bright, colorful and such.

Its never been about the stats for me save for the Aladdin's Wish coz back in the day getting good Huntress tower weps was terribly hard.

Might go slightly off-topic, but one thing I'll support here is that a few of the older Event Maps can be re-run but with newer items. While quite a lot of the old players already ran those, but they can be very refreshing to play again either with old friends or with new players.

Recently I was doing the DoTN map again, and it was just too much fun to re-do it. Its a very unique map in how its laid out, the mechanics etc. is fun, it isn't crazy hard for new players and at the same time is a lot of fun for experienced players. Main thing is it doesn't require all that much practice for new guys(which I strongly suggest against). I really wish that map is used once more so all those new players who missed out on it can enjoy it, it deserves a re-run, heck it deserves to be on Ranked! Its just such a fun map, hardly any bugs or glitches, fantastic map really :D

@kg4q quote:

@Dark Dragon quote:

@kg4q quote:

@Dark Dragon quote:

@kg4q quote:

we only need one thing ONE thing only 

An Event Milk pet then i can rest in piece 

If that ever happens, then i will never be able to rest in peace, and i would vender that thing sooooo fast

How Dare you call your self a Dungeon Defender player you're not worthy >:(

How dare me? How dare YOU for wanting such a **** pet >:)

i can't believe what i'm seeing 

i DEMAND a permanent BANNED for this insult such thing is unethical >:(

A Milk Pet? What moore do you want, because I feel like this is getting a bit uncowntrowlable, but maybe this is just me being to sarcowstick.

But yea, before this discussion ends in an udder Disaster I will reveal my real Cowmooflage as you Cowmander and send you all to bed since it´s pasture bed time and don´t try to stall for time, that would be cowardly and you don´t want to have major beef with me do you?

And if you don´t make the Cow pet really good then youre gonna be in Danger: http://i.imgur.com/WFHCk8k.png?1

#VoteforCowTomorrow because that would be Hillaryous

@EagleOne quote:

@harry4550 quote:

Events are not meant to be in place for a get rich quick scheme. They are meant to be a fun challenge with friends to help break up the grinding. 

Well currently it is, just looking at recent auctions ;) This wouldn't be the case when events can be done at any time. Also it would mean that the event hosts won't have to run everyone, releasing some pressure of them. Finally this would make paypal shops a lot more unattractive.

However, especially your second sentence would make much more sense when events can be re-run.

Once we hand off the event items(s), we can not control what people do with them. Sure, there will always be someone who will throw the item up for trade the second they get it but making every old event available again wont stop people from selling event items, it will only lower there value from the flood of new items entering the market. But at the end of the day, we do not spend all of that time making events for people to get rich, its just more of a side effect. 

On the topic of a milk pet, Event items have to be made using items and textures already on ranked. We are pretty limited with how much we can modify an item. This is of course not to say that the idea of sneaking in new models and textures in patches just specifically for event items has not been considered =] if this is going to be done though they would probably be more "joke" items. 

@harry4550 quote:

On the topic of a milk pet, Event items have to be made using items and textures already on ranked. We are pretty limited with how much we can modify an item. This is of course not to say that the idea of sneaking in new models and textures in patches just specifically for event items has not been considered =] if this is going to be done though they would probably be more "joke" items. 

Does that mean no milk pet? Yayyyyyyy!!! :DDDDD

@Plane quote:

@Atherial quote:
@Plane quote:

The CDT is already making maps balanced around their stats.  The phoenix is basically designed for rainmaker.

By the way, the NPC and vortex shield are clearly OP, but you can do significantly better than the sword, so I don't think that one's a big deal.

hey there are us with our Ult+ / ++ 420+ up bloodshots here don't ignore us.

BTW, I have a 423^ bloodshot and I use it for the phoenix :)  Doesn't change my opinion

Well then my friend you shold notice how a bloodshot of superior quality would be equal or even better than a RM for the fight but if i must these are the following reasons why i would say so.

* looks far better

* that projectile spread is awesome.

* being cool running a item that is not "meta" (hipster builds)

also you know if you are like me i prefer the extra 10 charge rate thank you very much. 

<3

I'd much rather have functional & fun to use Event Items rather than silly joke Items that serve no real purpose other than collecting dust either in the item box or in the tavern, much like Cursed Brownie. Please don't turn event items into dank memes and pointless items.