2016 Halloween incursion map

@iamisom quote:

@geo981010 quote:

That is a bugged version of the DPS axe :(

I asked Design and QA to look into this, and it looks like just the Axe is bugged. The other Spooky Weapons should have Smart Loot hooked up. We're adding it to the list of things to fix. Good catch!

I also confirmed with Design that there are only DPS versions of the Spooky Weapons. I believe we got them mixed up with the Awakening Weapons, which drop with Spooky DPS passives or Builder passives.

Aww no builder weapons :(

Well... I already have 700+ iPWR weapons for Squire, Huntress, and Apprentice, (who cares about monk) and the passives on those are better than the passives on the spooky weapons, so I have no reason whatsoever to do this incursion.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

Well... I already have 700+ iPWR weapons for Squire, Huntress, and Apprentice, (who cares about monk) and the passives on those are better than the passives on the spooky weapons, so I have no reason whatsoever to do this incursion.

Same.

Back to waiting for the next patch to play EVICon.png

I did this with my heroes that are about iLvl 230-260 on NM1 (I know most of you are well beyond me) and it was so much fun because of the challenge it was.  However, after finishing the first time, two of my characters are now over iLvl 300 and the other 2 about 280-290.  Can't wait to do more of this map!

iamisom seems this patch was a trick rather then a treat. Most of us were excited about builder weapons not more DPS weapons for classes that already have them.

People want two things: Builder weapons (all classes bar Huntress) and DPS weapons for EV2, LM gunwitch etc. And that means with interesting passives that actually impact your game play (not like Harbingers Punch, but rather like Chilling Touch or Toxic Shock).

Overall, nice incursion shame its a pointless map to farm for some of us as it drops nothing of use.

@Zimmermann quote:

[[4370,users]] seems this patch was a trick rather then a treat. Most of us were excited about builder weapons not more DPS weapons for classes that already have them.

People want two things: Builder weapons (all classes bar Huntress) and DPS weapons for EV2, LM etc. And that means with interesting passives that actually impact your game play (not like Harbingers Punch, but rather like Chilling Touch or Toxic Shock).

Overall, nice incursion shame its a pointless map to farm as it drops nothing of use.

You left out Gunwitch on purpose!

But yeah, builder weapons for all towers is the dream here. Thought we were gonna see four more scratched off the to do list, so am disappoint.

@Zimmermann quote:

Overall, nice incursion shame its a pointless map to farm as it drops nothing of use.

It's a long 7 wave Incursion too...

Yeah, they should add something to make it worthwhile. Have the chest drop a random 750 armor treat - we don't need a trick option, we are good there already :(

@geo981010 quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

It's a long 7 wave Incursion too...

Yeah, they should add something to make it worthwhile. Have the chest drop a random 750 armor treat - we don't need a trick option, we are good there already :(

I reaaaaally hope they do this for a holiday event like Christmas. Don't GIVE us the gear, but give us an Incursion we can farm that's different for a bit that has a solid drop rate of i750 gear.

Depending on how close we are to the whole NM5 endgame thing 750 gear might be useless fairly soon anyways.

@Vagnar quote:

You left out Gunwitch on purpose!

I added Gunwitch!

@Vagnar quote:

But yeah, builder weapons for all towers is the dream here. Thought we were gonna see four more scratched off the to do list, so am disappoint.

Yeah I couldn't agree more, but I keep getting hyped for patches, and they are always a let down... I don't know why I do it haha

@Pegazul quote:

Depending on how close we are to the whole NM5 endgame thing 750 gear might be useless fairly soon anyways.

Well, no. Having the 750 gear should help to break into nm5 so it's not useless when nm5 comes out.

I still don't have decent 700+ ipwr gear for my heroes because the drop rate on it so so terrible and the RNG is so terrible I just don't have it in me to farm the same map over and over for 100's of hours to get rare drops that are even usable.

You have about 10% chance to get a 700+ drop, you have about a 10% chance for it to be in the 745-750 range, so you've got about 1% chance of getting a high ipwr drop and then depending on the hero you have maybe 10-30% chance of getting the passives that you actually want, and then you have to get lucky with the values that roll on those passives.

I don't know how there are people with 780+ iPWR. they're either extremely lucky, or they're sacrificing passives for iPWR, or they they just literally have no life outside of DD2 and spend every waking moment replaying the same map over and over.

30 characters currently. 4-6 i750 to get for each

Let's just say 4 each and strip out that variable.

120 pieces of gear. On average (if it's 10% chance), 1200 runs just to get a piece to drop in each slot. God only knows how many more to actually get the piece you want.

NM5 rolls along, I'm sure obtaining that top emd gear won't be any different unless they change all of it. It'll just be tougher to get with weaker characters, especially after a strategic revamp.

My soul died. Game wants you to make lots of characters but certainly doesn't reward it lol.

Check YouTube but basically after wave 5 don't G up.

Then have each of your 4 heroes on top of the shrine corner towers facing towards the shrine centre, then 3-2-1 press G.

All the spooky heroes will spawn and give a chance of getting an IPWR <=700 spooky weapon.

Seeings as you get a >700 weapon at the end it isn't worth it. Hot fix required.