2016 Halloween incursion map

I just got done playing the Halloween incursion map on public and most people didn't know about the chests or secret. So i figure ill drop a little FYI here for all the people who didn't play it last year.

Trick r Treet chests(looks like victory chest with a orange lock) spawn in the same locations they did last year(about 5 or 6 fixed locations on the map). They still spawn 1-2 per round.

When you open them they either drop some trash loot or it kills you.(tick or treat :)

If you open them on a new hero (abyslord+) it will spawn a random ghost if your killed. Old heroes work the same as before( spawns a ghost of the hero your on)

If you kill the ghost that spawns it has a chance to drop the Halloween weapon. The weapons are now spawning 700-750.(correction i just got a 692 ipwr bow drop so idk might be lower rolls too)

There is a secret on round 6 i think. Its a bit hard to explain but there are tons of videos out there about it.

can the secret boss drop 750's or is that tied only to the last boss in round 7?

I am pretty sure the chests cant drop 750's, that would be to common, but maybe I am wrong.

Also, what builder weapons can drop, as I heard on the devstream there are also builder weapons that can drop.

The secret is indeed on wave 6. Need 4 players to all stand on each small platforms on the kinda chapel thing and look toward the center of it, then everyone g. 

@Zimmermann quote:

can the secret boss drop 750's or is that tied only to the last boss in round 7?

I am pretty sure the chests cant drop 750's, that would be to common, but maybe I am wrong.

Also, what builder weapons can drop, as I heard on the devstream there are also builder weapons that can drop.

So far i only got 700+ weapons from the final boss drop. Seems as if all the other Halloween drops are <700

Out of the 5 weapons i got (3 700+ app staffs 2 <700 bows) 0 had a new builder passive. I think the dev stream was just a fumble.

Another disappointment when will I learn^^

Was waiting for some unique new monk builder weapon... never mind it was to be expected.

Yes the good is a guaranteed drop from Maldonis well it had been so far for me.

The bad, the secret only spawns IPWR <700 so TRASH loot and even worse you can get a mythical chest at the end.

Come on guys it's not hard to ensure some consistency, really it isn't, just engage the grey matter.

@Fozzie quote:

Yes the good is a guaranteed drop from Maldonis well it had been so far for me.

The bad, the secret only spawns IPWR <700 so TRASH loot and even worse you can get a mythical chest at the end.

Come on guys it's not hard to ensure some consistency, really it isn't, just engage the grey matter.

I got 1 mythical and 2 blue chests at the end lmao. But yes 100% drop rate of 700+ on the final boss so far.

I got a gold chest on daily 5 win but the rest have been blue. No builder weapons yet. Was genuinely the only reason I've been anxiously waiting for this so lets hope just bad luck so far.

@Vagnar quote:

I got a gold chest on daily 5 win but the rest have been blue. No builder weapons yet. Was genuinely the only reason I've been anxiously waiting for this so lets hope just bad luck so far.

same here man, was really hyped for builder weapons and that was it.

LOL I just opened a chest in solo, got tricked, a huntress spawned ran to my core (jumping over my blockade) and destroyed it as I resurrected and got my first shot off at her... (wave 7) 

I guess opening chests is not a good idea on solo haha Which is lucky as they just drop trash anyway by the sounds of things.

Defense weapon drops... but there will be issues with passives.... It might happen that only mage with eartshatters could benefit from such weapon *J*

@MamaTata quote:

Defense weapon drops... but there will be issues with passives.... It might happen that only mage with eartshatters could benefit from such weapon *J*

From the boss in wave 7 I presume?

Only from Maldonis... wave 7 boss

@Zimmermann quote:

@MamaTata quote:

From the boss in wave 7 I presume?

@MamaTata quote:

Could you post a screen shot or quote the passive ? please <3

@MamaTata quote:

I haven't got one... from 4 rounds.... one co-player got an axe with defence power and defence crit...

Are you saying he got a 700+ weapon with defense stats but the normal spooky dps passive ?

what exactly do the white skulls/green aura things do?

I have not really paid attention to it, is it some kind of heal to enemies?

@Zimmermann quote:

what exactly do the white skulls/green aura things do?

I have not really paid attention to it, is it some kind of heal to enemies?

Its supposed to do dmg to you if i remember right. I just covered the whole map in SAs like i did last year.

[[4370,users]] Can someone confirm these defense variants are in the game? I'd really like not grinding my butt off all Halloween only to find out the information was inaccurate.

So basically no Smart loot hahahaha

DPS weapons with Defense stats.... /facepalm. At least since Monks have total garbage builder weapons, the extra Defense Power will be good, assuming it can roll on the staffs/polearms too.

@geo981010 quote:

That is a bugged version of the DPS axe :(

I asked Design and QA to look into this, and it looks like just the Axe is bugged. The other Spooky Weapons should have Smart Loot hooked up. We're adding it to the list of things to fix. Good catch!

I also confirmed with Design that there are only DPS versions of the Spooky Weapons. I believe we got them mixed up with the Awakening Weapons, which drop with Spooky DPS passives or Builder passives.

@iamisom quote:

@geo981010 quote:

That is a bugged version of the DPS axe :(

I asked Design and QA to look into this, and it looks like just the Axe is bugged. The other Spooky Weapons should have Smart Loot hooked up. We're adding it to the list of things to fix. Good catch!

I also confirmed with Design that there are only DPS versions of the Spooky Weapons. I believe we got them mixed up with the Awakening Weapons, which drop with Spooky DPS passives or Builder passives.

Much appreciated. Kick that design team in the butt yo. New heroes need holiday cheer too.