Sign in to follow this  
ddace

[Event] Halloween Invasion 2016

@ddace quote:

Sorry it took so long.  I know many have been waiting for it but it is finally here.  Thank you for your patience.

Halloween Invasion

NOTE:  We have planned to give an extra item to those who win.  So practicing beforehand is recommended.  While we know having the map more in advance would have been nice for practice, things happened that prevented us releasing it when we originally intended.  Sorry about that.

Hi

The forums are not allowing my to message you so I a posting my request to be included in any late groups. I am now away until Monday UK afternoon for a family birthday gathering.

Any help pr accomodation is greatly appreciated

@Mischief quote:

There are 7 phases on this map. If you beat phase 7, you win.

Of course, it won't be as simple as beating phase 7 on Pirate Invasion...

Yes I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but it is BRUTAL! :D I LOVE THIS MAP! :D
Especially how beautiful Buc Bay looks in Halloween!
This needs to be on ranked! :D

@Black Mamba quote:

@Mischief quote:

There are 7 phases on this map. If you beat phase 7, you win.

Of course, it won't be as simple as beating phase 7 on Pirate Invasion...

Yes I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but it is BRUTAL! :D I LOVE THIS MAP! :D
Especially how beautiful Buc Bay looks in Halloween!
This needs to be on ranked! :D

If this map is on Ranked then it better drop some awesome pirate items for the difficulty of this map. :D

Good to know you love the map though Mamba.  :D

We've been practicing it, but it's been really hard due to frequent Steam disconnects for Mambo and getting version mismatch errors most of the time we try to join each other's hosts. ;(  Restarting and verifying integrity don't seem to help much.  Any tips?

Damn, going to be hard to practice alone, probably wont be able to be it but I really want that item :/

I don't think I can beat it solo.  I can get to wave 6, but I don't think i can clear that wave solo.  It's not so bad with a group, though.  I'd recommend everyone have a good DPS team for this map.

@Plane quote:

I don't think I can beat it solo.  I can get to wave 6, but I don't think i can clear that wave solo.  It's not so bad with a group, though.  I'd recommend everyone have a good DPS team for this map.

If you need a DPS I can be help I got a barb or a boost monk that can defiantly run around killing things.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Cpfuzzy/

Maybe we can get a group started?

Rules i found:

you can run more than once, but others get the priority. And yes you only get the rewards once on the first time you do it

And if you fail the first time and win the second time? Do you get the win award on the second run?

no. first try is the only one that counts

Good luck everyone

@mkjo quote

The forums are not allowing my to message you so I a posting my request to be included in any late groups. I am now away until Monday UK afternoon for a family birthday gathering.

Any help pr accomodation is greatly appreciated

I will mark you down  

@kg4q quote:

so you guys are going to List the "Event Hosts" for this event here or ?

Event hosts will be in the group chat.  They are listed as mods and admins there.

I am having extreme problems playing this map. I usually play DD with medium graphics, and run into little to no problems (with the exception of Tinkerer's Lag), however the "fog" effect is making my whole machine slow to a stop. When I dropped the settings to low graphics, i was able to play the level, getting 1 to 2 fps when I am trying to build near fog. Building in the house is perfect, no issues, but step out of the tavern and it is a nightmare. 

I'm not expecting a fix for this (as it seems I may be one of the few people who does not have a windows based gaming machine), but just wanted to make a note for any future levels or events, that it would be greatly appreciated to not include a fog everywhere without a setting to be able to graphically remove it. Thanks. 

[[48136,users]] -- Please reveal(or possibly upload to workshop) the backup map or the map which couldn't be done after this event is over! Thanks! :D

@Black Mamba quote:

ddace -- Please reveal(or possibly upload to workshop) the backup map or the map which couldn't be done after this event is over! Thanks! :D

Can't do that as it is to be used for a future event.  You will see it one day.  

@ddace quote:

Can't do that as it is to be used for a future event.  You will see it one day.  

Ahh okay, then its fine! 
We really need a Christmas event though, during Trendy I don't think we had one of those, at least not a themed one!