Sign in to follow this  
Hom-Sha-Bom

Skeleton skins - Trendy, Explain yourself.

Can someone at Trendy explain why the skeleton skins are coming back?

You're not giving us who bought these last year anything new.

We were told they were exclusive skins that would never be available again.

I, and others, bought them only because we believed this lie.

Now I am on record saying I do not care if the past monthly pets were made available again, they were just a quest that we finished, there's no need for them to be exclusive. This is a totally different situation because the skeleton skins had to be purchased with real money. They were not unlocked through gameplay. Then Trendy made the past monthly pets available, but changed them a little so the originals remained exclusive.

So pet skins unlocked through gameplay are more sacred than hero skins purchased with real money that we were explicitly told would never return. This is not OK.

Below are the videos, quotes, and timestamps that the quotes occur, where we were told these would be limited edition, only available for a limited time, and that they would be exclusive to halloween 2015 and would never return. They've alread returned for the christmas sale and the squire and monk versions are still currently available in The Hero Army Pack DLC, and now we're being told all 4 are coming back again for this Halloween.

iamisom why should we trust Trendy again after being lied to like this?

Dungeon Defenders II: Ascension Patch Preview

1. At 2:18 Pmasher said these are "limited edition skins" 

Dungeon Defenders II Devstream 39: Ascension and Open Alpha

1. At 31:34 they replayed the "Dungeon Defenders II: Ascension Patch Preview" where Pmasher says they are limited edition skins.
  2. At 36:46 Brad Logston says "It's also important to note that these skins that we're creating, the skeleton skins, this is a 2015 Halloween exclusive. So this content is going to be available for about 3 weeks. I think it turns on about mid-October and it's going to be available for 3 weeks and then it's gone. They're never coming back. We're going to retire them forever. We'll do something different for next year." Daniel Haddad is sitting next to him, nodding and agreeing with every word.
  3. At 55:06 Brad reiterates "Limited time only skele-skins"

Dungeon Defenders II Devstream 40: Pet Changes Reveal!

1. At 23:27 Pmasher talks about the skins being exclusive & limited time only from Monday October 12th to November 2nd.

Dungeon Defenders II Devstream 41: Mysterious Foe

At various times throughout this video Pmasher talks about how the Grave Danger Costume Pack is limited time only available until November 2nd.

Dungeon Defenders II: Grave Danger Costume Pack

1. At 0:06 it says on the screen "LIMITED EDITION COSTUMES"
  2. At 0:34 it says on the screen "DISAPPEARS NOVEMBER 2, 2015"

Dungeon Defenders II Devstream 42: Ascension pt. 2 Tease!

1. At 18:41, Brad Logston: "We have this awesome set of limited edition, limited edition, costumes that are available right now."
  2. At 20:40, Dan Haddad: "And these are limited time, so if you really like them, might as well grab them."
    To which Brad Logston replies: "And we're serious about that. We're going to run them for this Halloween event and then once we pull them down, I think we pull them down a week after Halloween, they're gonna be gone. So people who get them will have got the chance to get them, and we're not going to bring them back. We'll do different ones next year. So, yeah, limited edition if you want the skeleskins you gotta get on that right now."

Dungeon Defenders II: Ascension Part 2 Patch Preview

1. At 1:55 Pmasher: "Remember, the skeleton skins will only be available 'til November 2nd, So if you haven't picked them up and want to get them before they disappear."

Dungeon Defenders II: Devstream 43

1. At 0:01 it shows the main menu screen of Dungeon Defenders 2 at the time where in the top right corner of the screen it shows that the Grave Danger Costumes are Limited Time.
  2. At 25:13 they replay the"Dungeon Defenders II: Grave Danger Costume Pack" video from above. It still says "LIMITED EDITION COSTUMES". It still says "DISAPPEARS NOVEMBER 2, 2015".
  3. At 25:30 Brad Logston says "Yes, it's on sale right now and this is your last opportunity. We've mentioned this before but I want to be clear: we are not bringing back the skeleskins. We're gonna do something different next year. This is the only time you be able to get these skins and then we're going to retire them. So if you want a chance to get the skeleskins, they're going away really soon."
  4. At 56:50 Brad Logston says "Don't forget Grave Danger costumes, the spooky skeletons, the skeleton skins, they go away forever, forever forever, very very soon. So if you want to get those you really need to go get that pack right now."

i am a little unsure about this too. I payed for those skeleton costumes but only got 3 out of the 4 I should of received so ill i now be able to gt the one I am missing?  And will these skins be available at the same price as before or what?

Lol i remember i paid full price for the 4 pack thinking it was gone forever after halloween. Then it went on sale during the steam xmas sale and i was pretty unhappy. Now its coming back again....

I bought the 4 pack for myself, and I bought a couple of extra 4 packs for future give aways of exclusive stuff that's not available any more. Except they are available.

So, Trendy, why should I ever believe you the next time you tell us that something will be exclusive or won't be coming back?

Can we pull up official marketing ads that make this claim? I know how these things usually go down lol. 

@Vagnar quote:

Can we pull up official marketing ads that make this claim? I know how these things usually go down lol. 

clearly says disappears nov 2nd at the end and says exclusive all over it.

Ooooh. Sneaky. Never said exclusive. Limited edition doesn't necessarily mean never to return. It gets weird in digital formats due to supply technicalities.

Not that I'm siding with them. I just see a lot of room for interpretation. Still tacky. Costumes shouldn't come back.

I think the add saying limited-only was a huge incentive to buy for some people. From a pessimistic point of view I expected much to happen but I did not expected TE to break their word.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

So, Trendy, why should I ever believe you the next time

Exactly this is the problem from now on.

Sorry nothing about that add suggests they are a one off offer never to return.

limited edition can mean many things, in this case limited to Halloween (however long that was last year). Limited addition literally means, they only have a set number or a set time frame in which they plan on selling them, this can mean once ever, only 20 or once per year, 20 per year whatever. Simply they are not available "without limits".

saying they are only available till 2nd on Nov, again does not mean they will not be available ever again in the future. I mean Christmas trees are on "special offer, only available till the 24th" they come back every year ;)

But guys I promise you, they are limited addition, and they will only be available this Halloween never to return!! 

Subject to status, and we withhold the rights to alter this offer at any time.

@Vagnar quote:

Ooooh. Sneaky. Never said exclusive. Limited edition doesn't necessarily mean never to return. It gets weird in digital formats due to supply technicalities.

Not that I'm siding with them. I just see a lot of room for interpretation. Still tacky. Costumes shouldn't come back.

Watch the videos I posted above. I included time stamps to where they were talking about the stuff.

A couple of my favorites:

• It's also important to note that these skins that we're creating, the skeleton skins, this is a 2015 Halloween exclusive. So this content is going to be available for about 3 weeks. I think it turns on about mid-October and it's going to be available for 3 weeks and then it's gone. They're never coming back. We're going to retire them forever. We'll do something different for next year.
  • We're serious about that. We're going to run them for this Halloween event and then once we pull them down, I think we pull them down a week after Halloween, they're gonna be gone. So people who get them will have got the chance to get them, and we're not going to bring them back. We'll do different ones next year.
  • I want to be clear: we are not bringing back the skeleskins. We're gonna do something different next year. This is the only time you be able to get these skins and then we're going to retire them.
  • Don't forget Grave Danger costumes, the spooky skeletons, the skeleton skins, they go away forever, forever forever, very very soon. 
There is not much room for interpretation.

@Zimmermann quote:

limited edition can mean many things, in this case limited to Halloween (however long that was last year).

saying they are only available till 2nd on Nov, again does not mean they will not be available ever again in the future.

But guys I promise you, they are limited addition, and they will only be available this Halloween never to return!! 

See my previous post.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

limited edition can mean many things, in this case limited to Halloween (however long that was last year).

saying they are only available till 2nd on Nov, again does not mean they will not be available ever again in the future.

See my previous post.

ye ye thats bull***, im 100% with you on that. I hope they have simply forgotten they said that, or they are really making a massive *** move.

I'm on your side. Don't misinterpret what I'm about to say. They can pass anything said on a stream as just chatter. Nothing official, even if it's a promise. I've seen this play out elsewhere in the same way. The actual official adverts I've personally seen say nothing about them not coming back, just that they were a limited run (but that can be defined in multiple ways as well), and that's where it counts.

They would be smart to honor the things they said though.

If it makes a difference they never went off Sale on the PS4. Which is a little upsetting as I bought them thinking they would disappear as well.

I will say this... I stopped buying "exclusive" stuff years ago. If I want it I want it. If I don't I don't. Limited time etc doesn't persuade me anymore. I honestly don't lile that it's a thing to begin with. Anyone who sees my rambling knows this by now though. 

Still, this is a situation where they'd be wise to not piss off the community lol.

@mindlessdefender quote:

Well it is limited edition, meaning they limited to 1 season a year.

You did not read the quotes from Brad Logston, did you? He did not say they are "limited edition" he said after november 2nd they are going to be retired forever, forever forever, and they will never come back. And said things like "we're serious" and "i want to be clear: we are not going to bring back the skeleton skins"

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@mindlessdefender quote:

Well it is limited edition, meaning they limited to 1 season a year.

You did not read the quotes from Brad Logston, did you? He did not say they are "limited edition" he said after november 2nd they are going to be retired forever, forever forever, and they will never come back. And said things like "we're serious" and "i want to be clear: we are not going to bring back the skeleton skins"

oh, well that sucks... they really messed up on that then.

The lesson here is to wait for everything to go on sale as, based on experience, it ultimately will at some point

@mkjo quote:

The lesson here is to wait for everything to go on sale as, based on experience, it ultimately will at some point

Well, we were specifically told they would never be available again.

@Hom-Sha-Bom quote:

@mkjo quote:

Well, we were specifically told they would never be available again.

I agree and I have a lot of sympathy for your position and thread.

I was fairly neutral on the monthly pet thing. I think the impression if not the legal statements were that these were monthly specific too. However their solution with reskinning them was a good compromise.

On this hero skin they have NOT, IMO, taken the correct path