Sign in to follow this  
Vagnar

Can someone highlight the key points of the devstream?

@Zimmermann quote:

@dreamanime quote:

I think LA Ramster will still work very well. From what i see in this video,

Do you mind linking the video? because in my experience its awful, and the only benefit is that ramster has way way stronger DPS then Lightning Auras and therefore all you are really doing by using a lightning aura is giving your Ramsters a small stun. Ramsters do the damage, Lightning aruas look pretty and allow the drench effect to stun the monsters for a very short period.

@dreamanime quote:

LA has a good range after all, unlike Traps or Geyser who need close enemys to trigger them. 

LA's if you want them to do any damage require either total perfect gear, so you can use range passives in both medium slots (I have been farming a LA monk for about 6 months+ and though I have 780 ipwr, I do not have total perfect range + DPS stats). You would then have to sacrifice all 3 small slots for range, so losing defense power, speed and crit.

To have a high damage LA, you cannot have max range, its just so hard to obtain that level of gear and lose so many DPS spheres. With that said, hopefully the new DPS dummies will allow us to collect beta data on what we can sacrifice damage wise for range, as right now its pretty hard to be 100% sure how much impact each sphere has on the end damage.

maxing out my range I lose 300 DPS and 6.2% crit chance which is not calculated into that.  

@dreamanime quote:

I think it is still way to early to call doomsday on that XD. In the end when the enemy appears i bet 100 Gobu coins on that tons of Forum posts appear "look how easy it is with xyz def" stuff. Because in my eyes the tank looks awesome, but doesn't look that hard to be honest.

You are right, I just cant help myself anymore as every patch in the last 5ish months seems to have brought worse and worse news for builds I have played or heroes I dps with.

Zimmerman you don´t NEED to be in NM4, you can go have fun and succeed in NM3 mate:P It´s the same maps only more LA/Frosty friendlyEmoji_Kobalt.png

@Zimmermann quote:

@dreamanime quote:

I think LA Ramster will still work very well. From what i see in this video,

Do you mind linking the video? because in my experience its awful, and the only benefit is that ramster has way way stronger DPS then Lightning Auras and therefore all you are really doing by using a lightning aura is giving your Ramsters a small stun. Ramsters do the damage, Lightning aruas look pretty and allow the drench effect to stun the monsters for a very short period.

That was more leaned towards the dev stream video. As mentioned here by someone already it seems the tank needs to be over the core of the defense or directly on it to destroy it. Which should even be no problem for a moderate sized LA. As i remember when i used LA alot i usualy placed them in a ziggy zack way anway on the outer parts of a lane to maybe get in 1-2 more lanes to overlapp it and other stuff.

What i mean is, the challenge is more on where you place it then simple along the pathing line. Which still works for LA. 

Traps who need to get monster in their trigger range have it way more difficult on the other  hand vs this boss though =).

Didn't ment anything towards how much damage a def does, just on how it still works because of its range. I just think the Tank is abit to hard declared here in this topic as a LA destroying monster. Even though i side with the goblins and love this tank, i also love to use all kinds of defense in all kinds of mix mash and when i see something i often think how i can work around it.

Though what about laser beams btw XD these are ***ed up too if it just rolls over 1 of their nodes muahaha. And while many mentioning the LA here (mostly because you started it with it which i absolut adore cause you are like me in that regard, LA for you Goblins for me), it will definitiv improve the challenge for any ground stuff, a wrong placed serenity in a lane, a not good placed buff beam or laser beams, traps, and all this stuff. Anything ground based will have it's fair share of trouble with this awesome goblin ancient technology, gobu.

And this will definitiv change quit some playstyles. It will let people at last think about where they want to place stuff then.

@Zimmermann quote:

seige tank to counter Lightning Auras, due to them being to powerful :D

Are you serious? I mean that counter thing, LA is already ***, whole Monk is useless in my opinion.

@mindlessdefender quote:

And barbarian will not be out till after end game patch is out.  Thats what I got out of it.  I sure others have more to say about it then me.  i was kinda half paying attention.

So, I have to wait another 6-8 months before I finally go back into to the game? Alright.

omg really? a tank that auto-eats towers on the ground? well goodbye some of my fun builds, mines are useless, la's too in most areas, lasers, etc ...

Boy trendy sure does liek to try to FORCE people to play only 1 way it seems. That's another point towards dropping trendy and their narrow minded tyranny by the time this game reaches full release. Just more and more diversity being crushed out of the game with every update it seems ...

@Skalli quote:
@Zimmermann quote:

Are you serious? I mean that counter thing, LA is already ***, whole Monk is useless in my opinion.

Well thats what they said, yes its clear they have no clucking clue what they are talking if thats what they think... Regarding the current state of the game, I would say Lightning Aura is in the top 3ish worst conventional damage dealing towers in the game (not including towers like reflect beam).

However the siege tank will counter Proton beams (assuming you cant build a zig-zag formation with the nodes left and right of the lane and the siege tank goes through the middle and therefore not destroying the nodes.

If the siege tank does counter Proton beams, it will reduce the amount of spawn killing builds as they are pretty key to that setup, and increase the amount builds using blockades.

@Skalli quote:

@Zimmermann quote:

I still think LA is one of the last influenced tower by this tank cause you can move them off the tank path and still hit all your targets. Really traps are hit way harder by it. Also i get the feeling it actually will not just destroy them, more force their HP (charges) faster down abit by triggering them over and over. It's just a feeling. Well all is speculation until it's released. It just sounds more fearsome by calling it a gound def eating goblin! Gobu