Sign in to follow this  
Peekaboss

Huntress DPS

Okay fam, Just a few thoughts on how to play Huntress DPS

First off, Weapon choice. It seems that Bling o midas is the only option regarding weapon choice? or am i missing something.
Bling is great for ogres or something, however it doesn't combo very nicely with Stormy gloves.

I have my Current Setup spec'd into Ability power over HD
Currently my setup is, Storm boots, Storm Gloves (4 bounce AP), Storm helm (for infiinate spam) with 2 cd reduction spheres.
It seems to be a huge toss up between specing for HD and HC,   HD and AP or AP over HD and honestly i'm not sure what's best.

My piercing shots are above 600k, and sticky nades 100k + ea. which is decent nukes with CD reduction and infinate mana. however Is specing for HD better? 

I still use armored cleanser, but that's largely in part because it took a long time to farm a 4/s with 3% shrapnel, and also in part because bling o midas used to not work with the charged primary large sphere (don't know if this is still the case); however, I believe any burst 4/s bow with that sphere is good enough dps

My huntress is HD/AP spec'd with the focus on AP for stickies. I know focusing on HD would increase the dmg from the storm gloves (and also maybe from the charged primary sphere...i want to say it's based on HD but I could be wrong), but my guess is if you have the sticky uber, stacking AP is the way to go.

Hope this helps!

@pillowpants quote:

I still use armored cleanser, but that's largely in part because it took a long time to farm a 4/s with 3% shrapnel, and also in part because bling o midas used to not work with the charged primary large sphere (don't know if this is still the case); however, I believe any burst 4/s bow with that sphere is good enough dps

Yeah using stickies ofcourse. 

Interesting armour clenser, i forgot about that wep. that was back in frosty fire era.
I'll see if i can hunt a good one, 4/s would be better for storm than my midas at 2/s haha.
What's max rolls on it?

Yeah i have the same feeling that Speccing HD is significantly stronger in the long run, however if i'm going to take the time to cast nades or piercing shot, i'd rather it be a significant nuke than do nothing.

Cheers

I forget the max roll for the breaker passive (20% is a guess), but since the removal of resistances, it doesn't matter too much (still good for bosses though)