Sign in to follow this  
FINKLEisEINHORN-

EV2 and Abyss Lord Gear drops

Dear Trendy,

Please fix the stats that drop on the gear for the abyss lord and EV2. I'm so tired of grinding for their gear just to get defense power ability power with stupid passives. I've ran all the 750 gear levels well over 200 times each with both heros and get nothing but crap. Are you planning on fixing this issue anytime soon? The heros have been out for months now and you still have fixed this issue. 

I agree 100% - I have given up on going for AL and EV gear since it is just too frustrating. Good passives make any character's gear hard to get, but no smart loot makes good gear exponentially harder. I have good 700ish Item Power gear for both, but I spent a month farming and ran hundreds of incursions for AL 750 gear and got 1 piece that was an upgrade and it was only a 730 Item Power.

I have had the discussion before that really almost no one uses hybrid stat heroes like DP/AP, and they should just ignore them for the short term or just allow DP to roll as a DPS or Builder stat (would make DPS gear a little harder than other characters but much much better than the current). It has been over 6 months now though, so I don't know.

On the bright side - the AL is no longer that OP so you can skip it until last, and EV can use other character's gear for most item slots. So very little reason to farm for them, anyway.

The farm for at least the right passives at every gear piece,i don't talk about best %-value, takes ages.

It took me 50-100 hours for my 4 abyss lords to farm like 80% of my gear pieces with the right passives.

It would be awesome if this time would shrink, so I don't have to repeat this farm my EV's.

@Joghurt Dipper quote:

The farm for at least the right passives at every gear piece,i don't talk about best %-value, takes ages.

It took me 50-100 hours for my 4 abyss lords to farm like 80% of my gear pieces with the right passives.

It would be awesome if this time would shrink, so I don't have to repeat this farm my EV's.

For a Proton Beam builder EV, you don't need any class specific passives on your armor, so use your best gear with DP/DCD and high Defense Critical Chance passive, regardless of what class it was intended for. You want that to be DCC 30 since most of the damage is from the DCD, so make sure it has 4 or 5% Def Crit Chance. The weapon and relic should have 3% frosty node though, but you can get the relic from Demon's Lair and then just need a weapon (onslaught?).

Sidenote - the Def Crit Chance is not an integer, so a 4% DCC is somewhere between 3.5% and 4.5%. You can't tell from looking at the item or your stats, but you can from examining the tower with and without it being equipped. With PB builder, each percent of DCC is 3% of your crit damage, so it is important to max it!

Buff Beam too is nice - don't need any passives anywhere, so just get max DP. You could make one builder that does PB and BB, but you are probably better off splitting it out as they are going after different stats. Between the weapon and the upgrade points, one of them is losing 700 stat points if you dual build.

The Weapon Manufacturer is sadly pretty terrible - don't worry about it unless you are bored. The reflect walls are potentially interesting but way way too expensive (60 DU for a wall that doesn't even slow monsters down, just reflects their shots?), and the passives are terrible.

For DPS, the big passives are Big Boy (weapon and relic) and a Storm Helm (increase your max heat before overheating), so there too you could mainly use other characters gear.

So you don't have to do much for it, and maybe can scrounge most of the items from your storage or existing characters.

AL though - yeah, you need every item to have AL passives for both builders and DPS, so is really painful. Since archer nerf, I don't rank ALs very high and probably put him at the bottom of the list right now - maybe Lavamancer should be, be 0 DU defenses and his DPS in Demon Lair is pretty useful. And volcanoes are fun :)

@geo981010 quote:

@Joghurt Dipper quote:

For a Proton Beam builder EV, you don't need any class specific passives on your armor, so use your best gear with DP/DCD and high Defense Critical Chance passive, regardless of what class it was intended for. You want that to be DCC 30 since most of the damage is from the DCD, so make sure it has 4 or 5% Def Crit Chance. The weapon and relic should have 3% frosty node though, but you can get the relic from Demon's Lair and then just need a weapon (onslaught?).

Sidenote - the Def Crit Chance is not an integer, so a 4% DCC is somewhere between 3.5% and 4.5%. You can't tell from looking at the item or your stats, but you can from examining the tower with and without it being equipped. With PB builder, each percent of DCC is 3% of your crit damage, so it is important to max it!

Buff Beam too is nice - don't need any passives anywhere, so just get max DP. You could make one builder that does PB and BB, but you are probably better off splitting it out as they are going after different stats. Between the weapon and the upgrade points, one of them is losing 700 stat points if you dual build.

The Weapon Manufacturer is sadly pretty terrible - don't worry about it unless you are bored. The reflect walls are potentially interesting but way way too expensive (60 DU for a wall that doesn't even slow monsters down, just reflects their shots?), and the passives are terrible.

For DPS, the big passives are Big Boy (weapon and relic) and a Storm Helm (increase your max heat before overheating), so there too you could mainly use other characters gear.

So you don't have to do much for it, and maybe can scrounge most of the items from your storage or existing characters.

AL though - yeah, you need every item to have AL passives for both builders and DPS, so is really painful. Since archer nerf, I don't rank ALs very high and probably put him at the bottom of the list right now - maybe Lavamancer should be, be 0 DU defenses and his DPS in Demon Lair is pretty useful. And volcanoes are fun :)

Largely agree. But, you missed a  few things for EV2:

Weapon Manufacturer:

As a stand alone tower, it is useless. But, it's true power is in the weapons it....manufactures... ;-)

It gives 2 special weapons for your DPS EV2  - 

1 - Mega Death Laser: A beefed up (but shorter) version of her Cannon ability. With the MDL discharge passive you can run faster and do lots more dmg with MDL for about 15s.

2 - Atomic Missile: Shoots 1 huge nuke! MAJOR Crowd clearer!! If done right, you can use this to 1 hit KO 2 ogres once!! Use the sphere that lets you shoot the Atomic missile twice for added happiness! Passive for this is Atomic Madness. This gives you a chance (up to 60% chance I think? don't quote me there) to shoot a 3-way spread shot with the Atomic Missile. Add this with the 2 shot sphere and you could shoot a total of 6 homing nukes with just 1 pickup!! How cool is that?!!

Anyone who says Weapon Manufacturer is garbage clearly has never played with its true purpose!!

As for EV2 builder passives ans spheres - make sure to put on the earthshatter sphere (or whatever it's called) It makes your reflect walls insta kill frozen enemies. To add to this, look for passives that increase the range of the torpedoes (up to 20% per gear).

Other passives for EV2 DPS are ones that decrease the amount of heat expended for your abilities, making your abilities last longer. So, really...just like any other hero, it's best to stick with hero specific passives for EV2 for best results.

Any more questions about EV2, just ask. She is my main girl!! Er, uh...robot? Umm...Hero! She's my main hero!!! :-)

i like how you say almost no one uses hybrids when there actually is people who use hybrids, or some people who do pure builds but have so much time and boredum they made hybrid chars just for the heck of it. But most hybrid players really dont come to these forums cause typically they are much more casual and could care less about wasting time on the forums, as im sure there are many, many others who do as well. The most forum activity they ever get is when the curiosity of the patch notes is strong enough to go check the patch notes thread and that's it lol

Loot needs to be overhauled in general anyway, and trendy did say they were doing some kind of smart loot soon,i just hope it actually is smart and not some tyranical thing that robs people of the ability to play the way they want to by forcing everyone to be ONLY this or that build, no diversity x.x

@Jojozityjo quote:

i like how you say almost no one uses hybrids when there actually is people who use hybrids, or some people who do pure builds but have so much time and boredum they made hybrid chars just for the heck of it. But most hybrid players really dont come to these forums cause typically they are much more casual and could care less about wasting time on the forums, as im sure there are many, many others who do as well. The most forum activity they ever get is when the curiosity of the patch notes is strong enough to go check the patch notes thread and that's it lol

Loot needs to be overhauled in general anyway, and trendy did say they were doing some kind of smart loot soon,i just hope it actually is smart and not some tyranical thing that robs people of the ability to play the way they want to by forcing everyone to be ONLY this or that build, no diversity x.x

I said almost no one because last time I vented on hybrids you defended them :) I played with one for a while, but I found him lacking and didn't enjoy playing him so haven't in a while.

They are redoing loot, and hopefully something will change. The current system is just very frustrating, and they really should have from the start dropped 3 types of gear for ALs: pure DPS, pure Builder, and hybrid that are based around DP/AP. The first 2 categories would be the popular gear, but you would have the last set for the hybrids. AL loot would be a little harder to get (since you are only getting 33% drops for each type instead of 50%), but that is better than what we have now.

I would like them though to change Direct Command to scale off AP like the AL's other abilities though - no other ability requires giving up so many stat points that do not benefit any other attack. If you want to maximize Direct Command you need to maximize DP, and you at left with a lot less AP and almost no HD and HCD. I don't see that as diversity really - more like we are forced to give up an ability or can nerf our DP/AP/DCD attacks to be able to use the one ability fully.