Discussion Thread: Inventory

Well the obvious things like locking items so they can't be sold.

An outside storage system which if need be you have to pay for. ie the the storage box from DD1. As you can never have enough inventory space.

An auto sell filter option for specific ipwr ranges would be a welcomed addition. Just because an item is Legendary, doesn't mean I want it if it's below a certain ipwr range.

This last one is a huge thing which probably has no realistic chance of ever appearing again. However I'm going to mention it anyway. The ability to  be able to create, drag  and drop specific loot from bags into something replicating the folder system we once had in DD1. 

I guess a bag with in a bag would be the best way to describe it.

The way you guys seemed to redo the inventory on the image seemed great. Greatly increase the size of bags. Here are a couple of suggestions:

1) Make bags a lot bigger (I believe you guys already intend to do it).

2) Do not reduce the number of bags too much (especially for players like me who bought inventory space).

3) Being able to lock gears.

4) More filters: ipw, type, per passive, etc.

5) Make it so it is easy to go from one bag to another (no activate/desactivate a bag. Something like A-D button to change bags).

The preview seemed pretty nice btw.

To be able to throw a bag/s at enemies, explodes on impact -> gear goes everywhere in an area. then having to pick up all the gear again. Or maybe make it so you only have to pick up the 1 thrown bag on the ground. long cooldown, From when u last picked up the bag. XD dmg scales off per item & ipwr of items in thrown bag. Maybe make it a special bag you need to select & toggle.

Can we carry//piggy back the scavenger around? he's got like a limitless amount of inventory space. Scav bag! get yours today! Is piggy backing the scavenger to much of a burden? Well order now & you'll receive a lighter version! As an added bonus we'll even chuck in, wait for it!!!....... Free gum. (cause i imagine the scav has a smelly breath)

Hotkey item/s from bag to have on the fly weapon changes (during combat phase)

Get current selected bag; ((you doing tabs now right? not scrolling down or up?) This could go well with my 1st idea) ;Get certain chosen bag to show up on the hero, maybe make more bag icons, or have a customizaible bag icon :D I'm a pro artist at using 'paint' <.< stick figures count as art right?

OMG for all those ppl with 20+ bags, your gunna be looking ridiculous or fabulous IF all bags were shown on hero. Make it fairly small so it doesn't clutter/affect the look of the hero that much, but big enough to be noticeable

Sorry for getting off track with some of these XD

I know some of this doesn't directly correlate  with Inventory Changes/invent revamp. but hey it would be awesome to see it chucked in :) Doubt it tho...  Nonono i shall believe in Trendy! Make me proud! :\

Thinking outside of the box here ^^ to far.. maybe?¿?

Cant think of anything else for now.

• Equipped item lock.
  • Being able to open and interact with inventory during combat, deleting/moving items in bags not editing deck or equipped gear.
  • Edit "List of Heroes". In other words being able to move heroes to the front page etc to making switching less cumbersome.

@Zimmermann quote:
  • Equipped item lock.
  • Being able to open and interact with inventory during combat, deleting/moving items in bags not editing deck or equipped gear.
  • Edit "List of Heroes". In other words being able to move heroes to the front page etc to making switching less cumbersome.

This without the interactiong during the combat.

Also if creating new folders for gear, why not make them fully customisable? Bags replace represent the amount of space. Players can create their own folders but can fully edit them. The gear going in there automatically maybe even sorted by iPWR? So I got a folder for 700, another for 700+. Then those where gear automatically will go for selling.

I don't see any problem with pets having their own space.

Just as a request: Prepare for easy rollbacks if the system is bugged (I know you said it's hard and there is no real solution so far) and items get sold for no reason when auto selling. A solid item lock should be a really good idea.

I just want better filtering. Couldn't care less about locking or buy back. 

I can have an auto collect bag for Legendary items, and I can have an auto collect bag for Apprentice items, but I cannot have an auto collect bag for Legendary Apprentice items.

Looking forward to the changes - more space would be good, and anything to make sorting it better would be great.

0) Item Lock + more space 

1) Allow comparing items to any character's equipped items. Could default to the current character as it does now, but often you need to compare the item to one equipped on another character which means a lot of switching around (go to hero deck tab, find and load that character, then go back to inventory tab, and then scroll back down to the item). Any way to quickly allow me to compare it to the right character's gear would be helpful.

2) Allow searching through equipped items and pets for all heroes

3) Commodity items (pet food + upgrades + rerolls, keys, salves, etc) should stack infinitely and be stored in a special bag that we don't manage. Just tell me how many Pet Empowerments Rerolls I have - I don't need to manage that as inventory or do anything with the item.

4) For items you can't equip with current char (like wrong weapon), please show upgrade levels and sell value instead of just "Cannot Equip" message

I really wish the Steam tie-in worked better on my Samsung and I could use this forum at all on my iPhone.  But I digress..

I've posted several times over the course of the DD2 years on this one - very excited to see progress on this finally!

#1 search/sort/filter and stack these

Eg looking for frosty equippable on my EV for a certain slot.  Looking for a mythical or better ipwr/lvl or better equipment for my mystic - with mystic relevant passives.

Help us upgrade and compare across a myriad of loot for a myriad of heroes and builds.  Search on stats (DP, AP, looking for certain combo of stats on gear, sort by best you have descending equippable).

#2 is the very nice help us sell as others mention but isn't as key as #1 IMO.  We move off what we want to keep and rest becomes garbage or not even collected in the first place (what I had to go to when you killed the temp inv box, flasher in town only helps when you've overflowed).

#3 Please do right by your supporters.  Sounds like you are re-jiggering inventory.  I originally bought the game with the best inv bags/options and got more, with the mystic update I just bought her and lavamancer and added the bag pack for $25 to max it out so I could play scenario from scratch with those two and a couple alts.  So I would hope regardless of inventory changes to continue to enjoy benefits from those purchases.

Based on the screenshot, here's what I propose.

First off, lose the bags. Your filter icons are a MASSIVE step forward, to where it should replace the bag system altogether.

W4bRjRn.png

If players want more space, give them more pages in context of each category. This not only would allow many more bags to be purchased, but it would also allow players to increase storage in the specific areas where they want it. 
 kEZEuUB.png

The inventory should be context-aware. What this means is when I have my inventory open with armor, I'd see the following:

ElUqgja.png

• Stats are always seen so I can see how swapping gear affects my overall stats instantly. Hovering over a specific stat tells me how much comes from my gear, my skills spheres, my pet, and my SAS.
  • Concatenated list of passives that shows me everything from gear and skill spheres
  • Hero selection on the right so I can easily manage gear for multiple heroes
  • Adding a skill sphere tab to inventory categories would be a major bonus.

When I switch to the pet ingredient tab, I'd see this:

DvRE2QF.png

• Pet food and pet rerolls would be in the inventory, allowing me to easily use them in context of my pet here.
  • Pet selection on the right lets me easily manage all my pets
  • If I move from a hero-centric tab to a pet-centric tab, the current hero's equipped pet would show up by default (and vice versa).

Ultimate takeaways:

• Ditch the concept of bags. Replace the bag concept with pages specific to each category of loot. Allow players to purchase more pages in a given category. Adjust default pages based on proportion of loot (armor would have more starting pages than, say, pet ingredients).
  • Total stats MUST be visible when swapping gear around. This is extremely important!!
  • The flow of swapping heroes and swapping gear should be as seamless as possible.

I like gigazelle's ideas - I think he may have spent some time playing your games... :) For his pet tab, show the pets that are currently equipped by having the owner name under the pet name.

Since I just accidentally sold off a 740 base helmet for my Mystic (I was double clicking pet boxes and must have hit a green helmet instead - Bastille here I come), some very specific additions:

1) Give an option to turn off double click equip. Wouldn't effect anyone who doesn't want it, but I would drag and drop to prevent this from happening again

2) Give options for filtering when the warning messages come up when selling. As is, you get them all the time and you just click through them as fast as possible. I doubt anyone wants a warning popup when you are selling lockboxes. Anyone playing in NM4 should not want a warning box when they sell less than legendary gear. It would be nice if I could set it to only warn me when I am selling legendary items over an Item Power of a certain value.

3) When picking up the pet boxes, have them rolled into the food/rerolls/etc right then. I really don't need to double click all of them to find the surprise inside

4) Relics look different based on their type (ie Rings always have Ability, Totems DH, Medallions DP) - could you make the weapon and armor also have different looks like this depending on builder/DPS stats?

5) Let us rename pets

6) Not really inventory but - why drop lockboxes for a class when you already have all the cosmetics for that class?

Drop the bags setup. I want one unified inventory that I can add folders to/organize as I want (possibly with some default folders preconfigured) using some sort of automatic filtering system (weapons (above a certain item power) (with a specific stat) (etc) automatically go to the folder named "Weapons").

If that's too much to ask, I'll take gigazelle 's ideas as a compromise.

Also, an auto-sell filter. I shouldn't have to pick up junk just to manually sell it. Let me set some conditions like minimum item power, rarity, etc and anything that does not meet those conditions is picked up and sold at the beginning of each combat phase and when leaving the map. Everything else is automatically picked up our sent to the scavenger.

I think [[31834,users]] has hit the nail right on the head here. Being able to instantly see differences between items equipped and whatnot would be amassive advantage. I also think equipped gear should be locked by defualt or a warning to tell us when we seel equipped gear. I have on several occasions accidently sold equiipped gear and with no functionality to buy it back left utterly frustrated. Even having a buy back facility would be a huge improvement. this may be a little off topic but would it be possile to have some sort of return to being able to drop items/pets into our personal tavern?

How about re-naming items once they are max leveled? I want to be able to officially  name the Meg'Manus Projector the "X Buster" and name McDooger's Rapid Shooter the "Mega Buster" and name the Tinkerer's Mirvtronic Diffuser (The upgraded Tome Canister) the "Barf Shot" or "Vomit Laser" LOL

Also, the things that [[24592,users]] and [[31834,users]] mentionend are very great suggestions!!!

One overlooked problem that needs to be resolved is some way to replace a smaller bag that was purchased with a larger bag.

I would like to be able to see what the total of my passives look like after all my gear...sort of how the SAS shows for your stats. 

It would be nice to be able to set some sort of criteria when selling inventory as to whether we want a notification a specific to whether we want to sell this item or not (above 700 ipwr or legendary only)