Sign in to follow this  
MaJean

Drago nerf

Wow, they really did a number on the Drago. I guess it was necessary, but too bad for people who never had Drago before, they will never know how OP it once was:P

The Bearkira cooldown is too much:( 1 min comon... And why does it start with a cooldown when I start a map? What if I want to use the ability right away? And what happened to the Bearkira slow? It practically doesnt work anymore... It used to slow mobs to a halt, now just 40%, which is hardly noticeable. It used to be my favourite pet, now... not so much:/

@SGRock quote:

RIP Draco and BearKira. 

Now it seems the Gato will be the required pet.

If the example in the post is right then Gato got a net dps nerf as well.

Sandstorm looks like it'll probably be the most used now, but we'll see.

60 second cooldowns are too high universally imho. 30s should be max.

@Pegazul quote:

@SGRock quote:

RIP Draco and BearKira. 

I feel like net DPS doesn't matter much in this game for pets. Burst damage is what I'd focus on. A Pet's ability to assist in focusing down targets that aren't total tower fodder is probably where it's always gonna matter.

@Vagnar quote:

@Pegazul quote:

@SGRock quote:

RIP Draco and BearKira. 

I feel like net DPS doesn't matter much in this game for pets. Burst damage is what I'd focus on. A Pet's ability to assist in focusing down targets that aren't total tower fodder is probably where it's always gonna matter.

This is true since most people use pets to burst bosses at the end game. Thing is Gato fireworks does around 650k on my gunwitch (lower end). It was useless for boss killing before and it still is.

Also sandstorm doesn't work with twice the price or proton beam.  It seems that if you want to kill bosses fast you have to use EV and drago now. No other alternatives. 

New DPS meta will probably be gunwitch with sandstorm during the wave and then hotswap to ev/drago to kill boss real fast.

@Pegazul quote:

This is true since most people use pets to burst bosses at the end game.

Speaking of burst killing bosses - could we all talk about the bastille master? She is the end boss on probably the hardest map, but is really easy to DPS before she gets 5 steps down her lane.

I would really like her to enter the map with her protection bubble on, and potentially it should go back on when she takes 50% damage. Maybe she goes invulnerable for 2 seconds while she gets it back on, so you have a chance to run away like brave Sir Robin.

They make her cool potentially challenging defense mechanism, and then she never gets to use it :(

@geo981010 quote:

@Pegazul quote:

This is true since most people use pets to burst bosses at the end game.

Speaking of burst killing bosses - could we all talk about the bastille master? She is the end boss on probably the hardest map, but is really easy to DPS before she gets 5 steps down her lane.

I would really like her to enter the map with her protection bubble on, and potentially it should go back on when she takes 50% damage. Maybe she goes invulnerable for 2 seconds while she gets it back on, so you have a chance to run away like brave Sir Robin.

They make her cool potentially challenging defense mechanism, and then she never gets to use it :(

I don't need more reasons to not do that Incursion :P

I don´t see myself using any pets with more than a 30 sec cooldown. I´d rather be without the abilities than to be a slave to that little timer.

@MaJean quote:

I don´t see myself using any pets with more than a 30 sec cooldown. I´d rather be without the abilities than to be a slave to that little timer.

Personally I don't find the extended timer an issue, never had the OP pets and poisonous tips never seems to work for me so I've never really used the pet abilities. Now that they have some "umph" though I have been using them during boss fights which are spare and few during the waves anyways that I always have it ready when needed. I for one am loving this update.

@NomzoArashi quote:

@MaJean quote:

Personally I don't find the extended timer an issue, never had the OP pets and poisonous tips never seems to work for me so I've never really used the pet abilities. Now that they have some "umph" though I have been using them during boss fights which are spare and few during the waves anyways that I always have it ready when needed. I for one am loving this update.

I never had problems with bosses, I mostly used abilities like run speed and Bearkira slow, and I sure aint waiting a minute for that. Also: My builders are slow as f.... because there are no storm shoes for builders so I relied heavily on curse aura speed to move around while building. 

@MaJean quote:

@NomzoArashi quote:

@MaJean quote:

I never had problems with bosses, I mostly used abilities like run speed and Bearkira slow, and I sure aint waiting a minute for that. Also: My builders are slow as f.... because there are no storm shoes for builders so I relied heavily on curse aura speed to move around while building. 

I feel the bearkira nerf was a bit hard. Some of the utility pets really should have lower cool downs since they don't have some crazy dmg output.

@Pegazul quote:

@MaJean quote:

@NomzoArashi quote:

@MaJean quote:

I feel the bearkira nerf was a bit hard. Some of the utility pets really should have lower cool downs since they don't have some crazy dmg output.

I agree 100 %. It´s not like you wait a minute and then drop an H-bomb. If that was the case the wait would be understandable. 

@Hover Tower 2000 quote:

60s is to long to wait for anything in  this 'have it now' culture we live in.

Back to being pretty stat boosters, gash.

It´s not about "having it now" it´s about fluidity in the game.  What is the fun in looking at a timer all the time? It´s not like the abilities are so groundbreakingly awesome, as to justify all the glansing at the darn timer. 

The balance should be in the stats and effects the cool down seems to just make pets pointless.

Pets in DD1 are far superior

@MaJean quote:

@Hover Tower 2000 quote:

It´s not about "having it now" it´s about fluidity in the game.  What is the fun in looking at a timer all the time? It´s not like the abilities are so groundbreakingly awesome, as to justify all the glansing at the darn timer. 

i didn't used to have to look at a timer, i could assume 12 secs went by,..

Bearkira and drago were pretty sweet, now they're 'junk'  - and hey all before the strat revamp - as told they should be ramping up difficulty, now we have 30 & 60 sec cool downs - lets hope this isnt strat revamp 1.1 

@Hover Tower 2000 quote:

@MaJean quote:

@Hover Tower 2000 quote:

i didn't used to have to look at a timer, i could assume 12 secs went by,..

Bearkira and drago were pretty sweet, now they're 'junk'  - and hey all before the strat revamp - as told they should be ramping up difficulty, now we have 30 & 60 sec cool downs - lets hope this isnt strat revamp 1.1 

I have a bad feeling about it.....

nah Trendy explained what the goal was with the cooldowns/ability impact. The problem isn't the cooldowns its the impact they can have once they are off cooldown. The intent was to have them stand apart from hero abilities which are lesser impact on a shorter cooldown. Saying that tracking a cooldown timer is too hard is just SUPER LAME. =)))

Keep the cooldown long, just Increase the impact they can have. ie way more damage, longer stronger CC, or otherwise. maybe 45 seconds of speed for  1.5 mins of cooldown.

Man I'm gonna be so sad to see PDT befome useless. It's too strong right now but it's such a cool tower in concept.

I know he's designed as burst damage, but I did this out of curiosity.

I actually just did some theoretical math on Drago nerf and.... if we're talking maximum potential performance, he got hit almost as bad as Storm Gloves.

I honestly don't remember his old cooldown, so I said it was 15s, so 8s uptime and 7s down. New setup is 5s up and 55s down. Old damage boost was an additional 150%. New is 100%.

Let's say you do 1 dps and are attacking for a minute straight. That's 60 dmg.

Old Dragolich with optimal performance would raise that damage to 108. New Dragolich raises that to 65.

Since you can say you'd do 60 damage without the pet at all, the number difference is 48 down to 5.

Maximum single target potential dps dropped by 89.6%

The range reduction reduces the amount pf potential targets hit, so this adjusent can either have no impact, or further lessen the total damage even more by reducing the number of targets hit.

His OPTIMAL dps performance is only 10.4% what it was. The quick burst potential is what matters more here obviously, but I knew he felt like a complete lame duck, and now I kind of understand why. Savage.