Sign in to follow this  
KnowsNoLimits

Halloween Event

Alright no one has really discussed this one and that's a shame.

It was hinted in the the last dev stream that the private/social tavern may look scarier.  From previous Holiday events that's sort of a given. So obviously we will get something more than that. So let the guessing begin.

I figure we may see the return of the skeleton skins or hell even new Halloween skins. Maybe we will see the return of Trick or Treat as well in the Halloweeen maps.

I could also see the return of everyone's fav cuddly Teddy bear Bearkira, since if I recall he was released back then. Hell maybe we will see a totally new pet like the Headless Horsemen and the only real pet that comes to mind which would be cool and fit the theme would be a Demon Lord pet. A full on DPS pet would be a nice change, especially if he just throws his giant lava balls around everywhere. Although this is probably just wishful thinking.

Hell it's quite possible that even "the big thing" is to do with Halloween.

So many possibilities, so let the guessing begin.

I hope its something small or nothing at all. That way i can have hope that the resources where used to fix the base game not another carnival waste of time.

Wouldn't totally mind getting the exact same event but with a full roster of new weapons and costumes tbh. I just hope no skeleton costumes. Really dislike those lol. 

Headless Horseman Abyss Lord would be dope. 

I don't see why people have to be so harsh about a game that is clearly still being worked on and you get as free to play. Holiday's were a very important part of DD1 and I hope they will continue in DD2. It makes the game feel more alive and current when major holiday's can be felt and celebrated in game. I for one can't wait to see what they do. 

@RacerX2105 quote:

I don't see why people have to be so harsh about a game that is clearly still being worked on and you get as free to play. 

For the same reason people give mmo's crap in OBT. Because OBT is basically the official launch. Monetization is in full swing and there aren't anymore wipes. If monetization is in full swing, it kind of renders any early access/testing point moot.

I do agree with the rest of your post, though.

I heard a little about last year's Halloween event and would love to have one this year. I know the older players would prefer something new, even if it is a few tweaks from the previous one with funky new weapons, there shouldn't be TOO much complaining...

@Pegazul quote:

I hope its something small or nothing at all. That way i can have hope that the resources where used to fix the base game not another carnival waste of time.

Well some of us don't hate fun.

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

I figure we may see the return of the skeleton skins or hell even new Halloween skins. 

I'm as sure as I can be that they said those skins would NEVER return - thus ensuring my purchase of them.

Being Trendy they will prob add a lil to them and state they are 'new'.

Scary DPS pet would be very welcome, cooldown revert even more so :)

@Hover Tower 2000 quote:

@KnowsNoLimits quote:

I figure we may see the return of the skeleton skins or hell even new Halloween skins. 

I'm as sure as I can be that they said those skins would NEVER return - thus ensuring my purchase of them.

Being Trendy they will prob add a lil to them and state they are 'new'.

Scary DPS pet would be very welcome, cooldown revert even more so :)

They did indeed say those skins would NEVER return - thus ensuring my purchase of them as well. However, they lied to us and we both fell for it. Trendy has already brought 2 of them back in a DLC pack.

https://twitter.com/TrendyEnt/status/789205401220808704

No bones about it: Tomorrow's Devstream is gonna be spooky! 💀

CvPSF5YWgAAeagq.jpg