Sign in to follow this  
Black Mamba

[Request] Disallowing users blocked on Steam from joining your Lobby.

Pretty much title.

I have a few people blocked on Steam for a variety of reasons ranging for -- hacking, being abusive to others, griefing, trolling, being total idiots, and what-not. There is no reason why these guys that you have blocked should be able to join your game. I'm hosting the server/lobby on my bandwidth and not a thrid-party server. Therefore I should be able to have total control over who can join my game, and who can't.

Another issue is that -- people can join your PRIVATE GAMES if they visit your Steam Profile and hit the "Join Game" button. yes, primarily this is a Steam issue, but even then no one who doesn't have an invite should be allowed to enter your Private Games. I can't always keep on hiding the match and un-hiding it for friends to be able to join and then re-hiding it again, it is simply stupid that people can join your private games without invites. Completely kills the purpose of having a private game in the first place. This issue only affects those that have non-private profiles, like most of us here. Even if you have a friends-only Profile, literally anyone on your profile is able to join your game without invites. It is extremely rude and counterproductive. I don't have the heart to kick people on my friends list that joined my game without invitation. But this certainly needs to be looked at.

One event that happened today(AGAIN) -- there is this guy(won't name him) whom I've already blocked on Steam since quite a few weeks. Reason was he kept joining my shop and bought out anything that was there. Now, normally I have no issues if my store gets bought out, its why I have the stuff in there anyways, but this specific person doesn't buy it for using them. He buys even the crappiest of items for mid-high level players. Doesn't leave anything.
My friends that know me, know that the only reason I host AFK-shop is so that people who aren't rich enough can still buy decent gear at relatively low prices. I don't do it for the mana, or anything else. It's purely so that people that are missing achievement pets, don't have decent armor, weapons etc. can buy them for cheap without having to pay a limb and kidney for simple stuff. But there is this guy, basically robbing everyone else from having a fair chance at my shop.

I farm for a week, then host an AFK-shop for a couple of days and there's this guy who comes in and empties it within 10mins. Its annoying as hell to the point that I've now decided not to do this(host AFK-shop) anymore until there is a solid way I can disallow this person or anyone that I've blocked from Steam from joining my shop.

I have no issues in vending the stuff to the Tavernkeep, which I will be doing from now on. But I have to again reiterate that -- I should be able to have total control over who can join my game, and who can't. And it's not just my shop, couple of friends had this happen to them as well.

i completely agree with all mambo has said +1 to this idea, i suffered the same from this shop emptier and now dont have anything in my mana shop, please if possible to do the requested things above would be much love <3

Thanks Silent, it sucks. And given how much pain in the butt it is to organize and price 100-150+ items its just annoying a hell when you see your shop getting emptied like this in a few hours.

I absolutely agree. AFAIK all of this is a problem with steam though, not sure how much CDT can do about it. I hope so though.

I am not sure we can control this part.  Match making is out of our realm of control I believe which this is likely related to.

@Black Mamba quote:

But I have to again reiterate that -- I should be able to have total control over who can join my game, and who can't. And it's not just my shop, couple of friends had this happen to them as well.

While I understand what you are wanting, you do have control over your shop as it is.  You have a choice whether to open it to everyone or not.  A pub shop or game is for everyone by definition, whether good or bad.  I have played pubs and then handed out gear or allowed them to come into my game and buy stuff from the shop afterward to avoid people buying the shop out so I could make sure to help those that need it most.  But then by not hosting the shop there is someone who wont get a chance that could possibly benefit from the shop.  So now I just run the shop when I think about it in hopes that a person who would actually benefit from it does.

However, if you know who is buying out the shop, you might can report them.  If they are emptying a bunch of AFK shops, then they may be hacking mana and be banned for that.

@Black Mamba quote:Another issue is that -- people can join your PRIVATE GAMES if they visit your Steam Profile and hit the "Join Game" button. yes, primarily this is a Steam issue, but even then no one who doesn't have an invite should be allowed to enter your Private Games. I can't always keep on hiding the match and un-hiding it for friends to be able to join and then re-hiding it again, it is simply stupid that people can join your private games without invites. Completely kills the purpose of having a private game in the first place.

Yes, I have to hide all my private games because this has happened so often to me. 

And sometimes you can't hide them.  I was in a private CD game with Kiwi and ASAP, and Kiwi got disconnected, so I unhid the game to let Kiwi rejoin.  But before Kiwi could rejoin, someone (who shall remain nameless) profile joined and took up the last spot.  I told them to stay, because there was no way to get the life back and let Kiwi back in at that point . . . game ruined :/

Another time I was doing Greater Turkey Hunt and waiting for someone to join for the final wave, when someone else joined through my profile instead.  I couldn't hide the match then because I was waiting for my other friend :(

I consider join-through-profile to be unacceptable behavior, unless you happen to know the host is okay with it.  If Trendy can't do anything about it, we'll just have to spread the word that it's Not Cool.

Yea, that is a serious issue with people joining in game without invites that take up X amount of lives.
And kicking them doesn't solve it, might as well just let them tag along, but it is VERY RUDE indeed.

And rather than beating around the bush telling people not to do that, a simple fix would be without invite you can't join the game, nor can you join if you are blocked on steam.

I seriously wish CDT addresses this issue.

@Acen, as far as the person is concerned I can't say they mana hack it, or do it for re-selling whatever. But its is an issue that has happened with quite a few people hosting shop that I know of. Silent here included, and a couple of others. But if you still wish I can forward their profile to you privately.

My friend used to have this happen to him, by a few different users, and he would track them down...bottom line was always the same, people will take advantage of a situation if given the opportunity and no one is monitoring it.   Is it illegal? no.  Is it wrong/immoral? yes. Greed is everywhere.  

It would be a better playing experience if you could be assured to not be harassed by individuals you have blocked from your game/shop. Sounds like a Steam issue, tbh, something that i would like is when you "block all communications" the "join game" option becomes grayed out.  

As far as what could happen in DD, as it is now, when you are kicked from a game it is only for that one game. Maybe, just for example, what if it was possible to permanently kick? So there would be another button option, one for "kick" and another for "permanently kick" or something with that effect.

Yea it is indeed more of a Steam issue that people can join games directly without invitation or being on your profile, but I've had a few other games where you block some people they can't join you, etc.
What I'd like is, since DD Ranked is linked to your Steam Profile, maybe CDT can make a few tweaks to info that is sent and received by the host and those connecting so if anyone is present on the host's Steam blocked list, they automatically get banned from the game session(s) regardless of game-mode -- open, private or shop.

The permanent kick button also sounds good, dunno how it can be implemented without requiring too much effort.