Sign in to follow this  
Mysticwriter612

Split screen questions

Okay so its been a while since ive played dd2 with a friend by my side. I cant recall how it worked? So these are my questions...

1) How does the second controller "join in"? 

2) Do you need to have 2 psn with active ps plus or does only one need plus for split screen? 

3) is there any way to split screen so instead of my friend making a new toon he can use toons i am not using from same account? (I doubt this, but i think thats how dd1 was, i cant recall anymore xD)

Basically my issue is I really want to split screen with my friend at my house, I have ps plus, he has a psn on my ps4 but with no plus. I am really hoping worst case scenario we jus have to start him on a new toon? Or will it not let him play at all cuz he doesnt have plus, even tho i do?

Thanks for any help about this :) 

As it turns out if you log into the psn wit ps plus first then when the split screen that doesnt have it cant join you. HOWEVER, if you load a private tavern wit the psn WITHOUT PS PLUS FIRST then have the psn wit plus join, it works! :) 

FYI you don't need plus on either psn account - I don't have plus and a friend literally created her psn user Id to play with me one night, so def no plus, and it all worked fine.

@blue_hole_punch quote:

FYI you don't need plus on either psn account - I don't have plus and a friend literally created her psn user Id to play with me one night, so def no plus, and it all worked fine.

My experiences contradict that. When my friend tried to join a popup clearly stated he couldnt because he lacked ps plus. But i did think it clearly stated in some patch notes from a lil bit back that they removed you needing ps plus, and i do have the most recent update, so what happened to us is weird. And we tried everything, even restarting the console. Weird...lol

Yes there was a short period of time where the game needed ps+, but they spoke to Sony again and sorted it out very quick. To my knowledge it really should work without ps+...weird.

Are you sure that the popup didn't say that your friend needs a psn account, instead of ps+ account? Because playing as a Guest-user is not possible, every player must create a psn account and register with an email address at Sony to play dd2.

Other than that i really don't know what could be wrong there...you then should make sure it's still broken after the latest patch and write a support ticket.

@sirozan quote:

Yes there was a short period of time where the game needed ps+, but they spoke to Sony again and sorted it out very quick. To my knowledge it really should work without ps+...weird.

Are you sure that the popup didn't say that your friend needs a psn account, instead of ps+ account? Because playing as a Guest-user is not possible, every player must create a psn account and register with an email address at Sony to play dd2.

Other than that i really don't know what could be wrong there...you then should make sure it's still broken after the latest patch and write a support ticket.

Yeah he has a legit psn. And we tried again before the patch today and same issue but havin him load the game works so Im not worried about it. When he comes over this weekend we shall try again lol