Sign in to follow this  
iamisom

Ask the Devs Thread for Devstream 67: October 21st, 2016

• What impact has the Journey Begins update had on user acquisition and retention since its release?  Based on the data since the update was pushed, can you forecast what impact this may have growing the player base? (Has it helped to improve stickiness with new players or generate a significant number of new users?)

• Is the size of the current player base a core concern and driving factor for the design team? Some feedback I have received regarding the new campaign rewards being tuned to track player retention make me think so.

• Are there any significant plans to grow the player base coming to the community any time soon that you could share some information about?

• Reviewing data points on SteamDB or SteamCharts suggests that the average concurrent users count has declined steadily over the last 12 months. Obviously this is just one factor in the health of an online game, but has this been a concern for the team? Personally, I find this metric to be the most concerning as it is difficult to find consistent pub action when there are so few people playing. 

• What is your strategy for improving the health of attitudes on the forums (here and on Steam)? Anecdotally, the majority of threads and comments I see tend to be incredibly negative and hyperbolic. A vocal set of players are jaded and feel ignored. This has continued to erode away at the credibility of your development team and is concerning. 

Due to Hurricane Matthew, we have to reschedule this week's Devstream to next Friday, October 21st, at 3PM EDT.

Also, Captain Alejo, those are some damn good questions! I'd love to answer some of those on the Devstream.

@iamisom quote:

Due to Hurricane Matthew, we have to reschedule this week's Devstream to next Friday, October 21st, at 3PM EDT.

Also, Captain Alejo, those are some damn good questions! I'd love to answer some of those on the Devstream.

I'd love to see some answers on the forum, where one does not have to wait for a broadcast event then pray to the RNG that a question is selected as being worthy to be addressed in the limited broadcast time available, then discover that the passives rolled badly and you got a 'we'll see' response to a question.

@iamisom quote:

Next Friday is the 14th. The edited first post says 14, but the title and the quoted post say 21. I understand you're a bit busy and possibly disoriented what with the hurricane and all, but would you mind clarifying?

In any case, stay safe!

@iamisom quote:

Looking forward to it. Stay safe in Gainville.

@SGRock quote:

I'd love to see some answers on the forum, where one does not have to wait for a broadcast event then pray to the RNG that a question is selected as being worthy to be addressed in the limited broadcast time available, then discover that the passives rolled badly and you got a 'we'll see' response to a question.

To be fair, the honest answer to a lot of those questions is "We'll see," but we can think about doing something on the forums where we take some time to answer questions. Or maybe we can do some kind of live chat or community gathering. I miss doing stuff like that, like we did back in the DD1 IRC days.

@CollectorOfBolts quote:

Next Friday is the 14th. The edited first post says 14, but the title and the quoted post say 21. I understand you're a bit busy and possibly disoriented what with the hurricane and all, but would you mind clarifying?

In any case, stay safe!

It's supposed to be October 21st. Fixed! Good catch. :)

@iamisom quote:

@SGRock quote:

To be fair, the honest answer to a lot of those questions is "We'll see," but we can think about doing something on the forums where we take some time to answer questions. Or maybe we can do some kind of live chat or community gathering. I miss doing stuff like that, like we did back in the DD1 IRC days.

@CollectorOfBolts quote:

In any case, stay safe!

It's supposed to be October 21st. Fixed! Good catch. :)

That is my  birthday! And my Anniversary Weekend! :-) And...huge meetings/event for my business. Good things all around!

In the mean time, well wishes, thoughts and prayers for all affected by Hurricane Matthew!

Could you guys make it so when we Select a hero from the hero deck we can see the stats on their items, without having to click the Inventory tab to see them?  So to see item stats on selected hero in the Hero deck tab.
Currently PC version at least, you can not see stats on items when you move your cursor over them form hero deck tab.

- When holding down a directional key and hotswapping a hero at the same time, in 90% of the time a bug happens where the next hero uncontrollably moves in that direction, even without holding down any key. This can be quite hindering. Any fix for this coming any time soon?

- Will the Gunwitch get more costumes soon?

- Will the Gunwitch get a higher powered weapon soon and/or an unique ipwr 750 weapon?

- In Hero Deck, List of Heroes, could you make it possible to allow us the players to change the order of how heroes are listed? I have 24 heroes at the moment, but because I cannot change how the list of heroes is ordered, I cannot categorize them. Because dragging heroes from the list to your main 4 cards happens a lot, I think accidental  order changes in the list can be prevented if there was something like a "change hero list order mode". Maybe Rightclick in the hero list to activate "change hero list order"?

- The Lava Maw wall costs 80 DU, while other very effective (if not more effective) walls cost only 30 DU like Squire Barricade and Mystic Viper Fang. Are there any rebalances in the work where the Lava Maw will cost less than 80 DU?

A 700+ unique weapon for EV2 and gunwitch would be awesome. Also are we ever going to be able to get any of the special pets again? If not could you do  special pet ability reroll that we could farm in say onslaught?

Questions from me:

1. I signed up to edit/contribute to the WiKi which is "player-administrated".  I have not received an email and I cannot log in there.  - When can players actually edit the WiKi?
  2. When will the WiKi use HTTPS like the forums? - right now we're sending our details plaintext across the internet. 
  3. When are the forums receiving a badly needed upgrade? - They are out dated, awkward to use and on mobile, pretty bad. 
  4. Any plans to get rid of the "hopeless" feel of the game with regards to RNG? - RNG is fine, but something to control it is needed.  e.g. let us re-roll stats on gear? 
  5. How often do the Devs/TE employees play the game? - I think it's important they do as that gives them the best feel for what's happening. 
  6. Can we look to make the town MUCH bigger? - If you go to the top of the ship in the town you can see for some distance away...would be awesome to have a larger town with more/different areas. 
  7. Any plans for changing up onslaught/endless game mode? - Right now we can get to wave 100+ when asleep/AFK....it's a grind no one enjoys and combined with the RNG factor it's not providing any "Value" to the game or players.  8+ hours of AFKing to get that one extra missing piece of gear is not fun. 
  8. When new Hero's are released, can we please get better info in the Wiki on how they work? - A good example is the mystic, I don't think anyone really knows exactly how things scale (abilities vs towers) and what is that sand-timer "buff" thing she has?
  9. Do we have a targeted release date of DD2? - The game has been in "Early Access" since 5th December 2014.  That's coming up to two years of Alpha/Beta. 
  10. Coming off my previous question - Do you think almost two years of "Early Access" is too long?

Do you guys know about the high memory usage which makes the game literally unplayable with the lags? Hope you do. And please try to fix it. :(

@Prejudiced quote:

Do you guys know about the high memory usage which makes the game literally unplayable with the lags? Hope you do. And please try to fix it. :(

I've not come across this myself...But then again I have 16 GB RAM on my PC so I may not be the best person to ask.

Also - I think this isn't the right thread to post in for help.

I'd suggest you start a new thread on the bug/tech help forum or raise a support case with Trendy. 

@deadringers quote:

@Prejudiced quote:

I've not come across this myself...But then again I have 16 GB RAM on my PC so I may not be the best person to ask.

Also - I think this isn't the right thread to post in for help.

I'd suggest you start a new thread on the bug/tech help forum or raise a support case with Trendy. 

i had 2 machines one old pc runs this game fine 4 gb ram amd athlon x64 and GT430

and the new had 4 gb ram intel i3 GTX 750 TI (recently bought 8 ram for this machine) and the game still runs fine... try to Check if the Drivers are updated always will be that the main problem im telling with own experience

Can we get the powerful spears sphere fixed? Right now it takes all damage away from the ballista. If you have it on the only way it will do any damage is if you have the weapon from griblocks horde and it will only do the damage of the explosion and nothing else.

Will you ever change the Drop chance of Wyvern Den map?  Currently its 25% chance to get the item you want.  Could you change it so the item we get will be based on the character we play? That or split the items 2 from boss 2 from chest = 50% chance.